Best restaurants for a big group with kids?

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
Hi guys,

My family booked our Disney Vacation a couple of months ago for the first week of March. Now my sister and brother-in-law decided to join us and are bringing their kids. I am now trying to change my previous ADR to include the whole family. We will be a group of 8 people: 4 adults and 4 kids. We have a 2 y.o. girl, a 6 y.o boy, a 9 y.o. boy and a 12 y.o. boy traveling with us.

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on which restaurants would be the best for such a large group and will please such a wide age group. We are planing on doing one day at AK, EP, and 2 days at MK and HS (we're big Star Wars fans).

This is what I was able to book so far for 8 people:
50's Prime Time Dinner (dinner)
Crystal Palace (brunch)
Via Napoli (lunch)
Rose and Crown Pub (dinner)
Donald Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (brunch)
Be our Guest (dinner)
Coral Reef (lunch)

Could not get Ohana' but will keep trying

Thanks

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've been with as many as 14 with ages ranging from 2 to 74.
My suggestion is since they decided to join you after the fact then just go with what you wanted before.
Disney is used to accommodating larger groups than yours so that's not an issue and they are also used to all ages so that should not be an issue.
I personally would not have chosen some of the things you chose but that's more of a preference reason than a party size/age reason.

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
I've been with as many as 14 with ages ranging from 2 to 74.
My suggestion is since they decided to join you after the fact then just go with what you wanted before.
Disney is used to accommodating larger groups than yours so that's not an issue and they are also used to all ages so that should not be an issue.
I personally would not have chosen some of the things you chose but that's more of a preference reason than a party size/age reason.
Which would you cut out. I chose these restaurants because it what was available. I was not sure about my selection. Is there any that are not good?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Which would you cut out. I chose these restaurants because it what was available. I was not sure about my selection. Is there any that are not good?
50's Prime Time Dinner (dinner): I would trade this for Sci-fi any day of the week!
Crystal Palace (brunch): Depends on what time exactly. I wouldn't do is prior to 11am because I like my morning park time
Via Napoli (lunch): Not a fan of Italian.
Rose and Crown Pub (dinner): Not a fan
Donald Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (brunch) Sounds good although again depends on the exact time
Be our Guest (dinner): WOULD NOT DO FOR DINNER SOOOOO EXPENSIVE AND THE MENU IS MEH IN MY OPINION. I'D DO IT FOR LUNCH IN A HEARTBEAT!
Coral Reef (lunch): Not a fan of seafood and if you don't get seated in front of the aquarium windows its not much of an atmosphere.

A few other restaurants that I would recommend are Garden Grill, Akershus, Chef Mickey's, The Wave...

Again its personal preference but you asked lol.

HouCuseChickie

We've done most of those with a larger group 8-10. For whatever reason, we find character buffets harder to manage with larger groups. I guess it's because everyone is getting up periodically for food. We were at Tusker a couple of years ago as a party of 10 and I don't think we had one single instance of all of us being there at the same time for any of the characters. One that's not on your list, but was really good for our large group was Biergarten. We took up the whole table and it was a lot of fun being together like that when the performers wanted the patrons to sing along. The kids also enjoyed going down to participate/dance/etc.

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
50's Prime Time Dinner (dinner): I would trade this for Sci-fi any day of the week!
Crystal Palace (brunch): Depends on what time exactly. I wouldn't do is prior to 11am because I like my morning park time
Donald Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (brunch) Sounds good although again depends on the exact time
Be our Guest (dinner): WOULD NOT DO FOR DINNER SOOOOO EXPENSIVE AND THE MENU IS MEH IN MY OPINION. I'D DO IT FOR LUNCH IN A HEARTBEAT!
Coral Reef (lunch): Not a fan of seafood and if you don't get seated in front of the aquarium windows its not much of an atmosphere.

A few other restaurants that I would recommend are Garden Grill, Akershus, Chef Mickey's, The Wave...

Again its personal preference but you asked lol.
Ok perfect I'll see if I can swap some out. Thanks for the input.👍

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
We've done most of those with a larger group 8-10. For whatever reason, we find character buffets harder to manage with larger groups. I guess it's because everyone is getting up periodically for food. We were at Tusker a couple of years ago as a party of 10 and I don't think we had one single instance of all of us being there at the same time for any of the characters. One that's not on your list, but was really good for our large group was Biergarten. We took up the whole table and it was a lot of fun being together like that when the performers wanted the patrons to sing along. The kids also enjoyed going down to participate/dance/etc.
Ok thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at Biergarten for sure.

ppet

When booking on line I've had problems at some restaurants booking for 8 or more. This year I couldn't get Yak and Yeti til I called and found out that you can't book more than 6 on line at that restaurant. Called direct and no problem. So if there's something you really want and can't get it, might be worth a call.

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
When booking on line I've had problems at some restaurants booking for 8 or more. This year I couldn't get Yak and Yeti til I called and found out that you can't book more than 6 on line at that restaurant. Called direct and no problem. So if there's something you really want and can't get it, might be worth a call.
Good to know. I am having so much trouble finding spots. I will try calling instead.

danyoung56

Ok perfect I'll see if I can swap some out. Thanks for the input.👍

Just to give you another input, I disagree with a lot of what WDW Screne said. Not that I'm right - just a differing opinion.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Via Napoli has some great pizzas. Noisy room, but I've had some nice meals there.

Some good hearty food, and if you can snag a seat outside it's a bonus!

Agreed.

They may have changed recently, but I had a terrific dinner there a couple years ago.

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Disney World. Tasty appetizers and entrees, and getting a seat down by the glass has never taken me longer than 20 minutes.

yaksplat

Trail's End

I think it's a hidden gem. The food is always amazing and there's an unlimited supply of it. I believe it's the same as what's served at the hoop-de-doo. They were also able to give my son and I strawberry short cake that we could both eat, due to our allergies. It was amazing.

Fried chicken, brisket, ribs, mac and cheese and a whole lot more.

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
Trail's End

I think it's a hidden gem. The food is always amazing and there's an unlimited supply of it. I believe it's the same as what's served at the hoop-de-doo. They were also able to give my son and I strawberry short cake that we could both eat, due to our allergies. It was amazing.

Fried chicken, brisket, ribs, mac and cheese and a whole lot more.
Never been. I'll check it out for sure. Thanks!

Crazyredheads

Original Poster
Just to give you another input, I disagree with a lot of what WDW Screne said. Not that I'm right - just a differing opinion.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Via Napoli has some great pizzas. Noisy room, but I've had some nice meals there.

Some good hearty food, and if you can snag a seat outside it's a bonus!

Agreed.

They may have changed recently, but I had a terrific dinner there a couple years ago.

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Disney World. Tasty appetizers and entrees, and getting a seat down by the glass has never taken me longer than 20 minutes.

Both my brunch reservations are around 11:00 pm. The kids need to eat early and the parks get crowded at that time anyway.
I agree about Via Napoli and Rose and Crown.
Never been to BOG for dinner, only lunch so I really wanted to try it out. I got both lunch and dinner reservation so i will keep both for now and make a final decision when we get our FP+.
I am happy you told me about Coral Reef. I thought the kids would love the aquariums and we all love seafood in my family.

Thanks for sharing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom