Best Restaurant in MGM Studios

What is the best restaurant in MGM Studios?

• Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • 50's Prime Time Cafe

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Mama Melrose's Restaurante Italiano

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Hollywood & Vine

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
What is everyone's favorite restaurant at MGM Studios?? I've been to all of the choices for the poll except the Hollywood Brown Derby, but Sci Fi is my favorite.

"...Foster, get in there and check it out."

tigsmom

Well we've only eaten at Mama Melrose's and we enjoyed it very much. I would like to try H&V on our next trip.

dxwwf3

Prime Time Cafe - Old Fashioned Pot Roast. Can't beat it. But there are other good choices there as well. It is very nice to see somewhere that doesn't try to wow you with menu descriptions that go on for miles. They have "mashed potatoes" here not "Yukon, golden brown, cheesy, half baked, half fried smashed potatoes with a honey glaze"

However, my parents' favorite is the Cobb Salad from the Brown Derby. I am not a salad eater and I am not adventurous at all, so I usually skip the Brown Derby. I wish they would make an adult portion of their kids grilled chicken breast. I actually got it a few years ago and thought it was fantastic, but it wouldn't be nearly enough food for me now.

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
I haven't eaten at the Hollywood Brown Derby or Hollywood and Vine, but I would have to say that after Sci-Fi, Prime Time comes in 2nd with Mama Melrose's coming in 3rd.

"...if you or anyone of your little aviators has a fear of flying, you best exit now...nice work pal..."

erasure fan1

We liked mama Melrose the best. I like the atmosphere and the food was very good. I had the chicken parmesan in the alfrado sauce. MMMMMMMMMM!!!!

MicheleK

We liked Hollywood & Vine the best. My kids really enjoy the buffet. The way my 16 yr. old son eats, nothing beats a buffet. :slurp:

Scar Junior

Ick. Eventhough one of my best friends works at Sci-Fi, I find the food to be generic and terrible.

Some of these restaurants are fun. However, I believe that when comparing restaurants, food determines the winner. Not to mention the great sport of people watching. Also, a later lunch = watching the parade pass. Brown Derby it is.

Mama Melrose is good but it's Italian food. If you're going to get Italian, go all out.

pinkrose

I've only been to Sci-fi, Brown Derby, and 50's. Brown Derby is my favorite by far. It's a must do on every trip without the kids. When they're older, well be able to eat there while on family vacations down there.

3IAlienKid

I've only been to the Brown Derby once, but you just can't beat the Cobb Salad. It's a nice added touch that our waitress gave us the whole background story to the Cobb's origins (was created by the BD's owner as a specialized dish for Mr. Grauman himself). I don't know if they always give the story to everyone who orders, but that probably made the thing taste even better, having known the history behind it and all.

Computer Magic

It a hard poll because the prices vary at each place. But all around it's the Brown Derby. However, I find myself leaving MGM and taking a Boat to the local resort to eat, ie Yactsman Steakhous, Beach-n-Cream, etc

BRER STITCH

I've grown to love Mama Melrose's over time.

I hated it the first time we went, but since then, it's been fantastic! I have to credit the Backstage Tour lunch for getting me in there agin after the first bad experience. Since then, I have done a corporate function, the Fantasmic Dinner, and a couple of regular meals there. All were GREAT!

ENJOY!!!

:slurp:

Pippa

I have only been to Mama Melroses and Brown Derby and I personally prefer Brown Derby, the whole atmosphere and ambience is lovely

shmmrname

50's Prime Time Cafe was great. The food was excellent and the atmosphere is unique.

However, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano was more than I ever expected. The pizza was just amazing, and the setting was so unexpected in MGM.

In the end, I voted for MMRI, only because of personal preference. Are both worth every penny? Yes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom