Best Restaurant in DS?

JillC LI

Great food, service and entertainment at Raglan Road.
Great food but not so great service at Chef Art's Homecomin'.

Trickyph

The food there is top-notch, the service is usually on point, and the entertainment is off the charts. It's like the whole package deal, right? But, hey, we all have our days, and Chef Art's Homecomin' can be a bit hit or miss when it comes to service, even though the food is pretty darn good.
Now, speaking of great dining experiences, I happened to stumble upon this gem in Füssen, Germany. I'm not one to go all out with restaurant recommendations, but seriously, you should give it a shot: https://www.riwa-restaurant.de/de/. I had a fantastic time there, and the food was absolutely delish!

Last edited:

Phonedave

Again, best is subjective. Very subjective. Especially where some places lack in food but have good atmosphere, as well as the other way around.

For me: Boathouse
Second Place: Homecomin' with the caveat that it is hardly fine dining. It is good food, really good, but hardly a fine dining experience.

I am going to be contrarian, but you can keep Raglan Road. I mean, it is decent, but I just don't understand how crazy people get over it.

Weather_Lady

I am going to be contrarian, but you can keep Raglan Road. I mean, it is decent, but I just don't understand how crazy people get over it.
It's funny -- I said Raglan Road when I answered above.

Since then, we visited WDW and dined at both Raglan Road and The Boathouse, the latter for the first time. If I had to answer again, now I'd say The Boathouse. The fact that we had an amazing amphicar cruise before dinner nudged the already excellent meal into the realm of magical.

Bocabear

Usually when I go out for Dinner...be it in my hometown or on vacation, I do NOT want to be in a dining room with a live band playing. I thought the food at Raglan Road was good but the music and entertainment so loud that no one at the table could speak to each other... We could not talk about how good the food was or what each of us was ordering... It was all just noise... When I am on vacation with friends and family we like to eat together and talk about our experiences, catch up on life, talk about our day... I love live entertainment, just not while I am eating.... But that is just me I guess...

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Usually when I go out for Dinner...be it in my hometown or on vacation, I do NOT want to be in a dining room with a live band playing. I thought the food at Raglan Road was good but the music and entertainment so loud that no one at the table could speak to each other... We could not talk about how good the food was or what each of us was ordering... It was all just noise... When I am on vacation with friends and family we like to eat together and talk about our experiences, catch up on life, talk about our day... I love live entertainment, just not while I am eating.... But that is just me I guess...
I think music can complement a meal. I've grown up doing jazz brunches and enjoy a band playing for 20 minutes and then breaking, and then using the break to talk and catch up. I like the intimacy of requesting a song, etc. I don't really enjoy eating with a band on stage and I'm watching from a distance, like Biergarten.

Anyway, the best Disney Springs meal we've had was Wine Bar George.

Jim L

I am going to visit family on FLA and i need to know the best DS restaurant so that i can take them, Morimoto is out of the question sadly(cuisine preference)
Our favorite restaurant is jaleo. It's family style small plate, lots of variety of food. Our server, Winnie was so good we made reservations almost a year out to make sure we had the same server. We just got back from a week in Orlando and we opened and closed our trip there

Bocabear

We went as a group of friends to Jaleo when they first opened... There were 8 of us at the table...when we left the bill was over a hundred fer person and we were all starving...lol we each had a teaspoon of each dish or less...
I think...We did not have the same experience in Spain... where the Tapas dishes, while a little larger than what we had at Disney Springs, were much less expensive... Perhaps we will try it again and order entrees next time. I love the Chef and his good works, so we would love to support his efforts...

BASS

I've only been to Frontera so I can't tell you which is best, but we all really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.
This prior post was from 2019. Went back recently and it was excellent again. My dish and everything I tried was well done.

Other thoughts:
  • Paddlefish was decent, but nothing remarkable about it. I likely wouldn't go back anytime soon, as there are too many other better options both in DS and at WDW. The one highlight was the view. Snatch a table by the windows if you can.
  • STK . . . meh. I had to go for a business dinner. Steak is expensive everywhere but I usually think you're doing yourself a disservice if you decide to do steak at a franchise chain. There are usually smaller spots doing it better. I likely would not ever voluntarily return.
  • I highly recommend the s'mores at Ganachery. Total hit.

macefamily

I love the weekend brunch at Chef Al's Homecomin'. Nothing better. We're also big fans of the Boathouse. Always start off with a dozen or so raw oysters on the half shell.

The4mousekeeters

We love Wine Bar George. It’s more of a small plates place but we get a bunch and all share. The flaming cheese is amazing. The quality is excellent and there are a lot of different things to choose from. They also have large sharing dishes like chimichurri steak that can feed the whole table (family of 4, 2 adults/2 teens).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom