Best Restaurant for Birthday?

SpoonOfSugar

Original Poster
My DD is going to be at the world on Feb. 29th for her 20th birthday with her friend. They are splitting the day up with MK and EPCOT. What would be the best restaurant for her birthday either for lunch or dinner?

mickey2008.1

Start the day off with a bang! Cape May Cafe character breakfast.
DSCF2975.jpg

great way to start a Bday. But if for dinner and a foodie, try Narcoossees or California Grille during fireworks.

laurasmith

Celebrations at Disney World

To be honest I have found all Disney World restaurants really poor at doing anything special for celebrations. If you are wanting MK or Epcot, Tony's Town Square (MK) put some confetti on the table but that's it. If they eat in MK I would choose Crystal Palace, as at least they will get to have photos with all the Winnie The Pooh characters; making the meal a little bit different.
In Epcot, most of the restaurants didn't even acknowledge my honeymoon or anniversary, and I ate all around the World Showcase.
I would choose a buffet as staff have more time, and therefore are more likely to acknowledge a celebration.

BrerPete

Considering that the park is going to be open for 24 hours that day, you better make an ADR fast. Depending on what you want to spend at either park there are several options. Le Cellier at Epcot is very nice but on the expensive side, but for a 20th birthday worth it. Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Castle are character deals, which may provide more of a birthday celebration than other restaurants.

Sweet Melissa

For a 20th birthday, I'd want to dine somewhere with a festive atmosphere, good food, but not necessarily something geared toward kids (I always eschew character dining though, so my opinion is colored by that). I think that California Grill at the contemporary would be good, or perhaps Flying Fish or Kouzzina at the Boardwalk.

DizneyPryncess

I like Garden Grill at Epcot for celebrations. They have always been very good to us when we're celebrating - surprising us with appetizers & desserts, and giving us a table when they were all booked up. The restaurant rotates, so you always have a different view, and there are characters that come visit your table as well. The food is really good, and served family style. That'd be my choice.

If you want something more fancy, I second the opinion for California Grille. It's pricey but worth it for the view & the food.

disneylemons

I think the resort restaurants are more in to the "Birthday" celebrations - but I've been there a few times on my birthday and always got a birthday cupcake..sometimes even a card.. :) Whipsering Canyon and Kona Cafe were always good for birthdays..

HouCuseChickie

DD5 and I made our August trip our bday trip. She celebrated her actual bday there. We had a 7:05a adr at Chef Mickey's - even had a fancy cake delivered- and we made it in time for 9am rope drop at Epcot. It was a really amazing bday meal. She had her bday dinner at Akershus, but I don't think I'd go that route for a 20th bday dinner. However, if you were to do a dinner, meal for the celebration- I had my bday dinner of the trip at Cali Grill and timed it with Wishes. It was soooooo nice being able to wrap up the day just relaxing at our table while eating dessert and watching fireworks. My friend just had her daughter's sweet 16 dinner at 'Ohana. They also had a fancy cake delivered during the meal and had their meal timed with Holiday Wishes. She said the service was a little spotty and the cake eclipsed everything with fireworks, so many my Cali Grill option was the better more grown up bday route to go. I guess truthfully, any of the more highly regarded signatures would be good bday dinner spots.

quirkle

My 100th post!!!!!:wave:

We celebrated our birthdays and anniversary at our last visit.

Whispering Canyon did the most for my daughter with a song and a little cake.

CRT had a card "signed" by all the princesses.

The only thing said about our anniversary was in France where the photographer took pics of just Hubby and Me. In Mexico they didn't even blink.:shrug:

disney magic 06

It really depends what they are looking for. We've had a birthday dinner at California Grill, they just put sprinkles on the table, but the setting is so stunning and the food so good that is fine. However, you would be lucky to get a reservation now, especially with the 24 hour opening at MK. We had a fun birthday dinner at Chef Mickey, they gave birthday diners different colour napkins which have to be waved at various poiints during the evening - and make it easy for the characters to recognise the celebrators! Also badges and cupcakes, my daughter is grown up but we had a great night.

I'd advise them to book asap though!

SpoonOfSugar

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone! Checked out dinning reservations earlier today and a lot of stuff is still open! Their top choices are CRT (although might be a bit too expensive), 1900 Park Fare, or Garden Grill. Funny how two 20 year olds picked all character meals. :ROFLOL:

lbrad

Most restaurants do a little something ... sometimes hit or miss.
We celebrated DD's bday at Chef Mickey's with the napkin waving & cupcake (took a long time!!!).

Also Whispering Canyon Cafe did a little dance

Grand Floridian Cafe gave her a personalized menu

CRT gave her a bday card signed by the princesses

Have a magical trip:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom