Best resort???

While growing up my family always stayed @ Fort Wilderness and we always had a GREAT time. Thers is so much to do there. Now My wife and I brought DVC and have stayed at almost all the resorts and I must say my fav is probably Old Key West

Upvote 0

GGG1

Here are my votes:

Deluxe Resort - Yacht Club, Great location, walking distance to EPCOT and Boardwalk. Terrific sand bottom pool and water slide.

Moderate Resort - Coronado Springs, Quiet, great pool and food court. Spread out and nice scenery.

"Economy" Resort - All Star Sports, good service and definitely affordable. Plenty of stuff to do.

Upvote 0

Bimmy56

I like the Swan and Dolphin for their value. A great location, and they usually have some type of discount going to make the rate under $200, even during peak times. This summer we are going for $159 a night!

Upvote 0

Disneynut

I have to say that AKL is a great resort. The theming throughout is fantastic. It replaced my old favorite WL, but any resort on property is magical.

Upvote 0

DanStat

Animal Kingdom Lodge

I'd say AKL is the best...but make sure you know where you want your room, and make a request for that room.

Upvote 0

copper

I need to stay in all the resorts before I make my choice. I have stayed at:
Boardwalk Villas- Best, we had a 2 bedroom on the bordwalk.
Contemporary- Not worth the money and our garden room was
noisy, but we mentioned it to the front desk and
we received 15% off our stay.
All Star Movies- My kids loved it and I liked it too.
All Star Music- We had a bad experience. Large school groups
with wild unsupervised kids. Very crowded and
lacking that special Disney quality and this was
one month after Sept. 11!
My next stay will be at POFQ and I can't wait!

Upvote 0

Frank4669

We thought the Grand Floridian was great. Corronado Springs was very nice also. You walk for ever in the Animal Kingdom Lodge - I would never go there again. They seem to run the most specials for AKL, I think they know too.

Upvote 0

SykedOwt

Undoubtly Port Orleans-Riverside (Long Live Dixie Landings!!!) The Atmosphere is Great, the Food Court is Beautiful and the pool is the best. Plus You get the Nice boat trip to D-Town Disney. Maybe 2 Resorts can "touch" it.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I also like Dixie landings (sorry I know, Riverside).

Attachments

• dixie01a.gif
    dixie01a.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0

raven

I can't vote because I've always stayed in the Downtown Disney area resorts. I bet that Animal Kingdom Lodge would be cool though.

On another note, The Disney Institute is closed to become sort of a Disney Vacation Club resort soon.

Upvote 0

bjshade23

My all time favorite resort would be the Polynesian. I've only stayed there once but what a birthday present that was.
But a very close second is the All Star Movies. I think it is just the atmopshere of it that makes it so cool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom