Best Resort

Nintendo18

At this point i would have to choose to stay at the Yacht club, however i am staying at the Animal Kingdom lodge in August and then we will see if it beats the the Yacht club. The competition is very tight.

Upvote 0

joking11

Animal Kingdom Lodge was beautiful. Checked in to the hotel last year not many animals in savanah near our room, went to the pool, got up to get a drink and BAM! Big ol' giraffes right there. The view from our room improved greatly after that also.

I have not been to enough resorts to say it is THE best but for now it is tops on my list.

Upvote 0

minnies3

OKay, I know my favorite resort is not as fancy as the rest. Since I am never really in the hotel, when I am in Disney, I would have to say that the All Star Movies Resort is the best. :p

Upvote 0

Horizons_03

I think the boardwalk has every resort beat, only because it is walkind distance to epcot you can get on boat to mgm and you there is a lot of night life with two dance clubs and many resturaunts. it just has the most of what anyone would like.

Horizons_03

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Horizons_03
I think the boardwalk has every resort beat, only because it is walkind distance to epcot you can get on boat to mgm and you there is a lot of night life with two dance clubs and many resturaunts. it just has the most of what anyone would like.

Horizons_03

not to mention, you can put on your walking shoes and walk to mgm as well...though, personally, i'm not THAT in love with walking...i'll leave my trip to and from BW and mgm up to the boats!
but i agree! out of that list, BW is best! and it's most certainly my fave DVC resort (so far...i'll give BC a chance this Thanksgiving!) but my all time fave resort isn't on the list...where the heck is dixie landings/riverside?! :eek:

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DVCgirl49
"Fort Wilderness Lodge"??? You got the two mixed up into one....it's Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness.

:lol: nice observation, DVCgirl!! i didn't even catch that when i looked at it!! i wonder if the people who voted for it caught it?

Upvote 0

mikebrakes

I voted for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. (Of course, it is the only Disney property I have stayed on.) But I loved being able to see the animals from my balcony. The Safari ride you go through so fast, it's hard to see all the animals. By staying at AKL, I saw animals every evening. So many in fact, that when I went to Animal Kingdom, I was able to do all of the other attractions first before seeing the jungle safari. There was no need to rush to Africa to get in line first thing in the morning. Plus it's a beautiful lodge.

Upvote 0

dreamer

For an old-timer, the best resort has to be on the monorail. Because if it isn't, then it just isn't truly "on-property." I like Polynesian best for sentimental reasons.

That said, I love OKW for the quiet and ambience. I'm a native Floridian, but now live in TN. OKW makes me feel like I'm back in Florida.

We're gonna check out Boardwalk next, though. Looks like it will be more fun for the kids (got 5 of em).

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

Originally posted by mousecar
I voted for the Contemporary. Monorail convenience. GREAT arcade, largest and best on property! Our tower room had a great view of the park!

The Contemporary beats the others, hands down. Walk to MK in the morning, take the monorail back at night.... The elevators talk to you in character voices, the good tower rooms show you the entire MK, and the fireworks view is *incredible*, and right from your room! And the best part....the Contemporary is the only resort where the monorail picks you up from an air-conditioned building!

I stayed there on my first visit, and will be there again in December! (counting the days........)

*Et*

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom