Best Resort for Honeymoon

MaryJaneP

For our Disneymoon, we stayed in North Garden Wing of Contemporary (yes, that long ago as it has been demolished and replaced by Bay Lake Tower way back). We have stayed in South Garden Wing and Tower rooms at Contemporary, been at the Polynesian, and also stayed at the Beach Club. All seemed good enough for us but we are more interested in Parks than Resorts. We found very few kids in NW of CR and at BC. Not always everyone's experience, and YMMV. Congrats and good luck.

Skibum1970

I'm also one to recommend the Grand Floridian. It has a different feel and seems like more of a honeymoon place. It even has the wedding pavilion onsite to reinforce the notion.

I was initially thinking Wilderness Lodge but the lobby gets a little loud with families. The other resort that jumped out to me was Port Orleans Riverside. Even though it is large, the grounds feel more quiet.

Club Cooloholic

Hey Friends,

Me & my fiancee really want to do at least part of our honeymoon in WDW! Can I have recommendations on what resort you think we should book? We love the parks but are also looking for that romantic/leisurely feel. Its our dream to stay at the Contemporary and be literally steps away from MK, but we really do love these resorts - Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Polynesian. I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!
It's your honeymoon, fulfill the dream with the Contemporary.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm going to buck the trend and suggest the Wilderness Lodge, especially if your visit will be toward the cooler months. The grandeur of the lobby combined with the rustic feel of the resort gives it a romantic atmosphere. Plus, there's good food and quick boat transport to the MK.

gigipolg

When my husband and I got married he was very ill and could not leave the US. We love Disney and my sister suggested the Poly. I cannot tell you how romantic and beautiful it was. That was 2009. During April of 2019 we secretly made promises to each other on Poly's beach after staying there for three nights in front of our children. Sadly, my husband passed away in August. I cannot tell you how much this place means to me now. Do it! You won't regret it. It's magical.

ryguy

It really depends on what you want out of your honeymoon. If you're looking to relax and chill then I think the Floridian or the Wilderness Lodge are pretty good choices. If you are looking for nightlife and exploring the parks then I would lean towards Yacht or Beach Club area. You are connected to two parks and Epcot and the Boardwalk area offer plenty of eateries and bars. You would be a little closer to Disney Springs as well.

I did get married at the Floridian and stayed for our honeymoon at GF as well. I liked it, but we didn't really do the parks. We just wanted to hang by the pool. I will say the morning after our wedding we were awaken by the kids next door at 6am. I wasn't thrilled with that but that comes with the territory staying at Disney.

Good luck!!

dreamfinder912

I'll throw a vote into the void...the treehouses at Saratoga. They're secluded, quiet, and peaceful. And they're a short walk away from the rest of the Saratoga Springs resort. No screaming kids, no chaos. I've found Saratoga to be my favorite resort now, you can walk to Disney Springs, and it's not far from any park. It isn't right on top of any park either, but there's no long trek to get anywhere.

Red Wench

I have never been married, but by far my favorite and I think the most beautiful resort is the Polynesian Resort. I also think it has the best restaurant in 'Ohana and is also on the monorail. I think it would be a lovely place to stay for a honeymoon and I hope when I get married that my future husband and I will stay there.

Here is another vote for the Polynesian Resort. One huge plus and I even imagine this would be kind of romantic is viewing the Magic Kingdom Nighttime Fireworks from the Polynesian Village Beach. Not exactly sure when your wedding and reception is planned, but if it is planned when the fireworks are happening you should definitely consider the Polynesian resort.

NeedMoreMickey

If you are going to spend a lot of your time in MK stay at GF or Poly. If you are going to be in Epcot and/or HS stay at Boardwalk or Yacht Club. After staying at Boardwalk a few time lately we have found we enjoy the resort and have always enjoyed Yacht Club, the entire lake is a wonderful place for romantic walks in the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom