Best place to watch Wishes & Illuminations without actually being in the parks

courty

Hey All,
I was wondering where everyones choice spot is to watch wishes without actually being inside the kingdom. Also i was wondering if it is possible to view illuminations without being inside EPCOT (or at least part of it as i know alot of the show is on the lagoon but i am thinking the fireworks portion). i was thinking outside the entrance over by Italy where the boat goes over from the Boardwalk, but im not sure ...any thoughts??

I-4Warrior

There's probably better spots for Illuminations, but to my personal experience, none better than E - SE facing, high-level rooms at the Dolphin. The CBR is closer, and if you're at Aruba or Barbados, you can hear the music/fireworks and see the higher explosions, but all of the lower-lying effects won't be experienced.

Upvote 0

leavesonthelawn

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I could use some help please.

I am getting married on the balloon at Downtown Disney in May, we were looking for somewhere to watch some fireworks as a group in the evening but not all members of the wedding party will have disney tickets can you recommend anywhere we can sit and see them, preferably somewhere with a bar!

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry to bring up an old topic but I could use some help please.

I am getting married on the balloon at Downtown Disney in May, we were looking for somewhere to watch some fireworks as a group in the evening but not all members of the wedding party will have disney tickets can you recommend anywhere we can sit and see them, preferably somewhere with a bar!

Thanks in advance
Make a diner reservation at any of the restaurants at the Poly (Kona is very good and fairly easy to get a reservation for) and watch them from the beach. The best location is next to the Transportation and Ticket center.

Baring that you can watch them from the Transportation and Ticket center, but you will most likely get stuck having to pay to park.

Upvote 0

DaBears81

Another good spot that I just discovered is the entrance/exit to the Magic Kingdom. Right before you go through bag check. The music is played there and you can look at the Main Street train station it's really a cool and different take on Wishes, and you don't need a ticket to watch it. You can't see all the stuff that happens around the castle but it's still Wishes and free. With that being said I don't think if there is a large group that they won't ask you to move or whatever. Plus once it's over you'll be on of the first to the buses, boats or monorail.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

This is the view from the California Grill on top of the Contemporary that I took in 2009. They play the sound track time delayed so it sounds just like if you were in front of the castle.

I have watched the fire works from Epcot from the upper floor of POP Century. Could only see the things that were higher in the air.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks everyone for your help so far, this has got to be the most helpful forum I've ever been on!

With Trader Sam's I understand its quite small inside, can you buy drinks and sit outside? There is 24 of us so I know we have little chance of getting inside from reading other peoples reviews.
You cannot buy drinks inside and take them outside. However, Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace is the "outside" version...while there is a bit more room to move about and there are tables, it is highly unlikely that even this area can accommodate all 24 of you (especially between 8-10 pm).

Also, it can be difficult to park at the Poly at night; spaces are limited and the guard may turn you away unless you have a dining reservation (the luau draws a lot of people who arrive in cars.) I agree with @Master Yoda and make a dining reservation at either 'Ohana (which accommodates large parties well) or Kona Cafe. Call Disney Dining at 7 am EXACTLY 180 days prior to your wedding day and you should be successful in getting into one or the other.

You will need to stand to watch Wishes from the Poly beach; most of the chairs have been removed since the arrival of the bungalows.

Upvote 0

Spenny.J

A few years ago, we decided to leave the Magic Kingdom after the first nighttime parade but before Wishes to beat the rush. When we got back to the TTC to go to our car, we noticed that Wishes was just about to start, so we went over to the ferry dock, and we had the best view of Wishes I have ever had! They play the music there and it's almost a straight on view of the castle. It was a great way to end the night! I was surprised that before then I'd never heard of watching from that spot, and still haven't heard in the three years since.

Upvote 0

cdeev8690

One of my last evenings of my recent visit, I made sure to get a dinner reservation at Ohana just before the Wishes fireworks show. My party was not big enough to be seated against the window but we were at a small table just beyond the front row and had a nearly perfect view of Cinderella's castle/fireworks while the restaurant PA system played the audio from the actual show. If you've never done this before, I'd definitely add it to your Disney Bucket List. Obviously not free, but definitely worth it for the food and the view (the price is also really good for the amount of food they give you to stuff your face with! much easier to "swallow" than some of the other restaurants that charge the same price for less quality dining)

Upvote 0

patch553

Wishes, from the beach of the POLY, while lying in a beach chair, not a wet hammock....:D. Or the beach of FW, my second favorite spot to watch. I have heard that illuminations can be seen from the boardwalk area, I can't imagine it is a really good spot to watch, not the full view, maybe just a lot of smoke and noise from the show.
hi I see you have sort of gave me answer to my question where in fort wilderness you can see some of wishes from is it a certain part of the beach you have to be ?? thankyou

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom