Best place to watch the super bowl at WDW?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Interesting that they will erect a big screen outside. The NFL has sent a warning to a church in Indianapolis to not show the game on a big screen. :lookaroun http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6025367

The NFL is just trying to do damage control ahead of time in the event of another costume malfunction this year since the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince is the halftime spectical.

smk

Interesting that they will erect a big screen outside. The NFL has sent a warning to a church in Indianapolis to not show the game on a big screen. :lookaroun http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6025367
As I understand the NFL ruling on the church showing the game, the church is not a place tht would "normally" be broadcasting the game. A bar or resturant would normally be showing the game so they can still show it. The church made the mistake of advertising their intentions, that's how they got ito trouble. GO COLTS!!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
As I understand the NFL ruling on the church showing the game, the church is not a place tht would "normally" be broadcasting the game. A bar or resturant would normally be showing the game so they can still show it. The church made the mistake of advertising their intentions, that's how they got ito trouble. GO COLTS!!!!

I am glad that the NFL is being shown for what it really is. All about the duckets.

Rayray

How about something other than the crowded ESPN zone, like the tv at 'Ohana's bar or another resort bar? It might be too much trouble to get a table at ESPN, though I would try my darndest to get one.

Is there any place in DTD that shows the bowl (I hate to call it super because it just isn't. How could you equate the NFL to NCAA Football post season madness. I'd better stop or I'll write a book.)

Just a thought.:animwink:

PintoColvig

And neither is the Boardwalk or Purdue University and probably thousands of other venues that will be set up to watch the game on super large screens. Nevertheless, it is the NFL's perogative to limit the viewing.

And yes, Go Colts!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
*shakes head*

I'll never understand why anyone would waste three or four hours of Disney time watching a football game.

[flame away :lol:]
Really....If the game is THAT important to you, I would have picked a different time to go! :lookaroun

The NFL is just trying to do damage control ahead of time in the event of another costume malfunction this year since the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince is the halftime spectical.

AHHHHHhhhhh, the mental visual is horrible :lol:

No one is allowed to broadcast the game on a screen bigger than 55 inches outside your house or with a large group. The NFL basically wants you at home watching the game with family. The NFL claims large gatherings skew the Nielsen number which are the numbers used to sell commercials.

Oh, so now the NFL is legislating morality!

smk

Heard on the local news tonight the church has decided to show the game anyway and pay whatever fine the NFL gives them. GO COLTS!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Heard on the local news tonight the church has decided to show the game anyway and pay whatever fine the NFL gives them. GO COLTS!

Good for them :sohappy:

I really don't see how this could hold up in court.

smk

Good for them :sohappy:

I really don't see how this could hold up in court.
I agree, I think the NFL would look pretty bad for taking it to court anyway. Just a bunch of fans, who happen to go to the same church, getting together to watch their team win a game. GO COLTS!!:sohappy:

dvitali

With the game starting at 6:30 pm and most of disney parks either close (AK) or getting ready to do their nighttime show (studio, MK) heading out to watch the Super Bowl at Espn/All-star might take some time to get to. Recomend that you get leave early.

I forgot what Local channels does Disney have on their in room televsion ?
(Fox, NBC, CBS, ESPN ?)

I also recomend that you check your resort front desk maybe they will rent out a big screen TV if they get enough request to do so.

I know that All Star Sport food court have a big screen TV usally tune to Espn or the Disney Channel , but other Channels is questionable?

Scar Junior

I can't speak for the NFL or the NCAA football championships. However, I did watch my fellow classmates win the NCAA Hockey Championships at the ESPN Club (twice) - then I also saw my classmates (and people I know) riot on national TV (twice). I've also watched some World Series games at Disney World as well.

This was all at the ESPN club... getting seats only 1.5 hours in advance. I also have watched the NCAA basketball tourney (almost) every year... but the national championship game I had to get a table 2 hours in advance (and I was lucky to get a table for 2).

I have never watched the Super Bowl there, but if you are a sports fan I highly suggest that location.

To the others who don't like sports, all I can say this: sports are just like Disney... if you don't get them, then that's cool because others do. Of my 2 dozen Disney trips some of my most memorable Disney moments have taken place at the ESPN club...

Thus, it's great marketing and promotion... what else can you do for the hours before the game but eat, drink and be merry... you meet dozens of friends and foes and your memories are forever. It's truly a subculture within a subculture. :wave:

PintoColvig

It's old news now but I thought I'd make a clarification...
It was a different church in Indianapolis than the one originally warned by the NFL that ended up showing the game.http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/10916537/detail.html
Now let's see if the NFL has enough bravado to sue this church over it.

iheartdisney91

My wife said the same thing, and although it's forecasted to rain (which should thin out already thin crowds), I'm obligated to watch. Life-long Bears fan...I can give up a few hours of my week long trip for this. Some of you understand, some of you won't, but none to worry. Thanks for the advice all - I think ESPNZone might be easiest to access versus the All-Star Cafe at Wide World of Sports. Appreciate any other advice to come. Thanks again!

GO BEARS :sohappy:

thats funny well i like the super bowel so much i went to NYC and saw wicked! Woot woot! lol i really dont care for sports....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom