Best place to watch MK's July 3 fireworks?

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Hello all!
We're going to brave the insanity and try to watch the Magic Kingdom's July 3 fireworks show. We have passes to the park, but we've been unsuccessful in trying to book any kind of dessert parties, or special events. So, where's the best place to watch without having to stake down a spot for hours upon hours? Any tips? We have our strategy for HEA, but we're not sure how to handle the crowds and the different fireworks show.

HoldenC

Honestly the best place to watch Celebrate America is outside the park somewhere along the Seven Seas Lagoon. The show uses 360 fireworks so it's best experienced outside the park.

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Honestly the best place to watch Celebrate America is outside the park somewhere along the Seven Seas Lagoon. The show uses 360 fireworks so it's best experienced outside the park.
Dont go to the front of the castle.....it is insanity beyond anything I can explain.
Go to Gastons Tavern and grab a seat or the edge of tomorrowland.
The fireworks are EVERYWHERE!!! Good seats all over the place.
I found the marina at GF to be an excellent spot. Make a dinner ADR at GF so you can park there.

Thanks for all the advice! We have a Keys to the Kingdom tour on the same day, so odds are we'll be in the park. Reservations for just about everything are booked up, as you'd imagine. It sounds like we should avoid the hub and castle based on this advice.

NickPytlinski

main street! heck it will be busy, but it will be buzzing with excitement! if your in a rush to leave afterwards then think twice but if your happy with chilling while the main crowds disperse then main street/hub.

however i can vouch for GF by narcoossee restaurant. (myself and wife had a ADR at narcossees the first tiem we stopped at disney property. we had landed from the UK that day/evening and was pretty stressed out as by the time we were ready to leave for the ADR it felt the buses took their time and monorail took its time. Only because we were rushing though, We ate at around 8:30pm and out server hit us with the magical news about the view for the firework and that they play the same theme music as the park out the speakers, it was magical and it was a great view and amazing ending to a stressful first night! one of my happiest moments and memorable occassions!

SirWillow

While it won't help you, we loved to watch the Disney Fireworks (all of them) along with the Sea World, Universal, Orlando and other fireworks on the 4th from the parking lot of the school behind Cracker Barrel on highway 27 and I-4. Used to live in the neighborhood there, and you can literally see every fireworks show in the area from there since it sits on a small ridge overlooking the area (thus why the school is called Ridgeview)

We were planning to watch from the Liberty Square area, but when rough weather started to roll in we left and took the ferry. Just after the ferry docked over by the Polynesian, the fireworks started. We were surprised at how great the view was. There wasn't much atmosphere in the immediate area, just a bunch of people standing on the ramp watching, but wow. What a great view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom