Best place to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort

hartj5

Have a preferred room reserved at CBR. Which is the best building to stay in that is close to food court and bus stop? Main pool will be closed during our stay. Is there a preferred area that is good to stay in but is not in a noisy area? :D

DisneyJoe

If you are paying for a reserved room, this will put you in the Martinique or Trinidad North "islands", both are the closest to Old Port Royale, the main area with food court and store, etc.

Each island has its own bus stop as does Old Port Royale.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Loved this resort, but it was sooo big. I stayed there with a friend who took forever to get ready in the am. So, I'd take a stroll every morning from Aruba to Port Royale to get coffees for us. Took me a 15 minute walk each way. Nice stroll along the bridge, past the beach and pool, but took a while. :)

Upvote 0

DroPZ0nE25

I think i stayed at Martinique, not too sure, but if the main pool is closed try and find a place close to a quiet pool but at teh same make sure your close to the food because the resort is huge and there is alot of walking if your far from the food.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Have a preferred room reserved at CBR. Which is the best building to stay in that is close to food court and bus stop? Main pool will be closed during our stay. Is there a preferred area that is good to stay in but is not in a noisy area? :D
At CBR, "preferred location" is a specific designation for a room in one of the 6 buildings closest to Old Port Royale. These are half the buildings in Martinique (24-25-26) and all of the buildings in Trinidad North (31-32-33).

I can't imagine there are any particularly noisy buildings in all of CBR, as CBR is pretty spread out. There are no rooms right on top of the promenade (walkway) that goes around the lake, so it's not like you'd get any noise from there.

Because each village has its own bus stop, it's not like you can ever be far from one.

Due to the pool construction, the promenade is closed off between Trinidad North and Old Port Royale ... guests are required to cut through the parking lot. There is a path set aside for this, it's not like you have to dodge traffic or anything, it's just not as scenic. The new route is actually a shorter walk than the original (it's a straight line, while the promenade curves). But if the scenery while walking is of utmost importance, then request Martinique instead of Trinidad North.

Also, double-check the type of room you booked. I've seen people use the term "preferred" incorrectly, to mean a water view room or a room with a king-size bed (the two other upgrades, in addition to preferred location, that you can reserve and pay extra for). There are water view rooms and king-size bed rooms that can be very far from OPR, as these types of rooms are sprinkled throughout the resort. At CBR, like at all the Moderates, "water view" doesn't have to mean a view of the lake ... it could also mean a view of your village's quiet pool (and at other resorts it could also mean a view of a fountain ... and no, I'm not joking).

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

My vote is always for Aruba. Instead of paying extra for a "preferred location," which can give you a poor view in Martinique, I say get a lake view in Aruba building 52. It is right next to the bridge walkway to OPR (about a 5 mins walk) and your view is beautiful. 5256--5260 offer a second floor unobstructed lake view, and right around the corner is the Aruba quiet pool. This is the spot to be in! It really is.

Upvote 0

barrettnichols

Our favorite area is Martinique, on the inside of buildlings 21, 22, 23. Nice and quiet, not too far from the bus stop at Barbados when you leave in the AM and not too far from the Martinique bus stop for when you come back in the afternoon. Great walk down to Port Royale. Great place overall.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom