Best place to sell/transfer points?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looking to potentially sell/transfer around 300pts. Where is the best place to do this with your experience?

could rent as well but thought an existing member somewhere might be looking for an easy transfer

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Looking to potentially sell/transfer around 300pts. Where is the best place to do this with your experience?

could rent as well but thought an existing member somewhere might be looking for an easy transfer
Selling / transferring points for cash is specifically prohibited by DVC. So there’s not really a place to do it publicly. That’s why rentals are so popular.

nickys

Premium Member
The DIS has a Rental board. So does MagicOwners (a result of MouseOwners closing down).

At least one of the brokers will facilitate a transfer I believe. A transfer takes much more trust than a rental in that it is final, and DVC will not get involved In a dispute. It also takes a 3-way call with Member Services to do one.

I would only ever do a transfer to or from someone I knew well. Even though it makes it much easier for the recipient to use those points.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I've also received transfers through someone on Mouseowners, and rentals through Disboards. Disboards is okay but now charges owners unless you post often enough to place an ad at cheapest level.

The Timeshare Store does transfers. They list and charge some margin. I wrote to them a few years ago and believe I was quoted $1/point if I went to them with another party and they only facilitated the process.

I've received points through Bookdvc after seeing a transfer posting on their FB page. Don't know if I'd go here as an owner though because prices I've seen have been cheaper. I paid about $19 for bankable Beach Club points but think they would have gone for more somewhere else.

RememberWhen

What’s your home resort and use year (what year are the points in)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom