Best place to get a steak.

Joeamc

I was looking through the old threads about the steaks at WDW, but couldn't find anything new about them. I was wondering who makes the best/most tender? I mainly need a tender steak even if it's not the "best." Thanks
Johnnie's Hideaway just outside of Disney Springs is really great! Not far outside "The World". Pretty much across the street from Disney Springs. Really Great Steaks. On Property, I would probably say the Boathouse, although California grill has that ambience that makes any shortcomings in the "Oak Fired Filet" somewhat forgotten. Also I have had a Waguyu Ribeye at the California Grill which was amazing, but I only saw it on the menu once.

Last edited:

danyoung56

...although California grill has that ambience that makes any shortcomings in the "Oak Fired Filet" somewhat forgotten.

That oak fired filet has received the award for top cut of beef something like 6 years in a row. What shortcomings are there?

Joeamc

That oak fired filet has received the award for top cut of beef something like 6 years in a row. What shortcomings are there?
You can get that same oak fired filet at a half dozen other Disneyworld restaurants. Im not saying its bad, not at all. I actually really enjoy it. Im just saying its not the best steak in Disneyworld. California grills Wagayu Ribeye was really outstanding though.

Joeamc

I was looking through the old threads about the steaks at WDW, but couldn't find anything new about them. I was wondering who makes the best/most tender? I mainly need a tender steak even if it's not the "best." Thanks
Im hearing really great things about Capa at the four seasons. I hear its by far the best steaks at WDW

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is not a place for steaks.

They are pretty interchangeable. Not that there’s anything “bad” about them...it just that you will get pretty standard prep and little variation. A lot of WDW food fits this description.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think boathouse may be the best all around restaurant I've been to at WDW. The Filet mignon was amazing as was the Ribeye
V&A’s was better...

But they all used to be better...so I love what they’ve added at springs: kitchens not controlled only by accountants

Thingamabob

Got to say the Yachtsmen Steakhouse has an awesome steak, but one place that really surprised me that I got a steak at and it was really good was Mama Melrose's in Hollywood Studios. For being an Italian restaurant the strip steak was really tasty with flavor.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Has anyone tried STK at Disney Springs? We do like Boathouse for steak there, but thinking of trying something different when we go down in a few months.

danyoung56

Sticking my nose in here - the beef filet from Ca. Grill is melt in your mouth cut with a fork tasty and tender. Goooood eating!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom