Best place on property to get pins

munkgirl

I also heard of a pin that was interactive at parks. Similar to the pal mickey except it was a pin that lit up during certain times or parades. I think they also interacted with firework shows. When was this pin released if it exsists, and what was the name of it?

That would be a pretty high-tech pin. The most advanced I've ever heard was ones that just had blinking lights in them :X Where did you hear this?

And about the guy wanting the $35 pin in exchange for a $2.50 one - yeah, they do that. That's one of the reasons why DTD put the kabosh on people bring suitcase loads of pins with them to trade outside the pin store.

wylde75

Original Poster
I cant remember honestly. I look at a bunch of different sights and cant remember where I saw it. What I do remember was that there was a series of them or at least a collection.. Seams like it had Mickey,Tink,Stitch and a couple of others. They were similar to the Pal Mickey but they just lit up during certain events. The idea of it was neat I thought. Imagine as a certain parade float would go by, all these pins would come to life. Or during certain parts of a fireworks show, all the pins would light. It could have been just a idea that never came to be but it would still be cool.

Korfar

That would be a pretty high-tech pin. The most advanced I've ever heard was ones that just had blinking lights in them :X Where did you hear this?

And about the guy wanting the $35 pin in exchange for a $2.50 one - yeah, they do that. That's one of the reasons why DTD put the kabosh on people bring suitcase loads of pins with them to trade outside the pin store.

I am glad they made those people leave. It always attracted my kids to them then they want to take good pins we have for basic ones you can get anywhere. Last time we went they were there so it was nice. We like the pin trading post in DTD. It has just about every pin they sell. We also do the EBAY thing for traders. We never trade the special pins we buy in WDW. Those are keepers. My kids have done the trading for a few years. They got my DW and I hooked on it so now we also trade. I go for all the Haunted Mansion and Pirates pins. This will be the first year I will also be trading so it should be interesting when all 4 of us want to trade at the same time.

Korfar

Whats the pin trading post and where is it? I have several pins that i intend to trade this time when we go.

It is an octagon shaped building in the middle of DTD market place. All sides of the building are open. Once you get to it you will know you are there. More pins than you have ever seen in one place.

wylde75

Original Poster
Oh yea i have been there. Last time i was there it was crazy hot inside. I guess all the ligts. Do they trade there? Also, are there any secrets anywhere on Disney property that involve pins? Once, while i was at HS at the hat, I bought several pins and the cashier gave me a pin from under the counter. It wasnt anything special but someething free none the less. On another day at the hat, i bought some pins and got nothing. Also at DTD, I bought some pins and used my Disney Visa and the cashier handed me pin that was a Visa exclusive. I was wondering if there are any other types of bonus pins that anyone has recieved. Whats the most limited pin you have purchased at Disney?

Korfar

Oh yea i have been there. Last time i was there it was crazy hot inside. I guess all the ligts. Do they trade there? Also, are there any secrets anywhere on Disney property that involve pins? Once, while i was at HS at the hat, I bought several pins and the cashier gave me a pin from under the counter. It wasnt anything special but someething free none the less. On another day at the hat, i bought some pins and got nothing. Also at DTD, I bought some pins and used my Disney Visa and the cashier handed me pin that was a Visa exclusive. I was wondering if there are any other types of bonus pins that anyone has recieved. Whats the most limited pin you have purchased at Disney?

They have pin trading boards there. You get like 30 seconds or something to look at the board and make a trade. I think you only get to do it once per day though. We get the Visa pins every year too. Last year at Christmas time they offered a free pin when buying a $75 gift card. We did that since we would be spending more than that there anyway so we got a free pin out of it. I haven't bought any of the limited ones there yet. I will see what they have this year. Hopefully some good HM pins.

KingoftheMooner

I also heard of a pin that was interactive at parks. Similar to the pal mickey except it was a pin that lit up during certain times or parades. I think they also interacted with firework shows. When was this pin released if it exsists, and what was the name of it?

There are. They don't sell them anymore I guess, but I heard they still work. They released them for the 100 Years of Magic celebration.
here's the one I got.
pin7558

_Scar

Ebay pins for 75 cents to 1.50 each sound too good to be true, and most of the time they are.

Buying pins off Ebay may be simple but you end up trading counterfeit pins into WDW on CMs which CMs trade to other guests and it really just screws up the whole pin trading community.

In other words, don't buy from Ebay unless you get a price you'd EXPECT to pay.

Princess_L

Been watching the forum for a while, and now I am a member.
Just wanted to say hi!

Does anyone know if they still trade at DTD? One time when we where there, people were waiting in line with playing cards. When I asked the CM about trading, she said she was done.

New2WDW

Been watching the forum for a while, and now I am a member.
Just wanted to say hi!

Does anyone know if they still trade at DTD? One time when we where there, people were waiting in line with playing cards. When I asked the CM about trading, she said she was done.

Welcome to the boards!
Are you talking about CM's or general public trading? They still trade at World of Disney and the pin trading store as far as I know.

Here is the Official Disney trading site - I did not see anyone else post this link so here it is for those wanting to see LE pins, new pins, etc.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom