Best Place for Breakfast in the Parks

KINGLOUIS1993

Original Poster
Adding on to John's recommendation since he had not been, I recently had breakfast at the Plaza and oh my, I definitely recommend it! First of all, the restaurant itself is beautiful, quaint and small. The large windows make breakfast a great meal there since the lighting is stunning PLUS you get to eat with a great view of the castle and the hub area!

The food was amazing and with varied options to please different tastes while not breaking the bank. While on the pricier side, the Lobster Eggs Benedict was amazing, they use fried green tomatoes instead of the muffin and it adds a great flavor and crunch. It looked so creative and delicious that my entire party ordered the same dish. Would definitely order again!

Edited to add: Because it is so small, they do not take walk-ins so I definitely recommend making a reservation ahead of time!

Thanks so much for the info, it really sounds up my street and both me and my better half love Lobster so it is really tempting.

James J

In the Parks
No
I'm pretty adamant when it comes to breakfast for me in the park, lol. Kona Cafe. I always get the Tonga Toast w/strawberry sauce, a side of the scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, Kona french pressed coffee, and some Lilikoi juice. What a great way to start the Disney day.

Whilst Kona Cafe is great, OP will need to go to the Polynesian Resort for it rather than a park as mentioned. Worth it though!

RyanH

Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie this has quickly jumped to one of our favorite meals in the parks. SO many great options and mimosas :inlove:

Can I ask a couple of questions on this one? First of all, as World Showcase doesn't open until 11.00 is there any issue accessing for breakfast? Is it just a case that nothing else is really open but you can walk around? Secondly, the menu on the WDW website doesn't show a breakfast menu per se (but plenty of pastries, etc) - roughly what are the QS options? A number of pastries, drinks, etc? Potentially it seems an expensive use of a QS voucher, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Many thanks

Tuvalu

Can I ask a couple of questions on this one? First of all, as World Showcase doesn't open until 11.00 is there any issue accessing for breakfast? Is it just a case that nothing else is really open but you can walk around? Secondly, the menu on the WDW website doesn't show a breakfast menu per se (but plenty of pastries, etc) - roughly what are the QS options? A number of pastries, drinks, etc? Potentially it seems an expensive use of a QS voucher, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Many thanks
Les Halles opens at 9 am. You can get there via the International Gateway or by turning right on the Promenade and passing Canada and the U.K. (You can only go as far as Norway if you turn left before 11 am.)

Here is the all day menu with DDP options noted.

zurgandfriend

I know the OP said IN the park but I have to agree with the Kona Cafe. I am a fan of the macadamia pineapple pancakes and a press pot of coffee. After a great breakfast you can jump on the monorail or bus and hit the parks

NiarrNDisney

Here's a list of CS/QS places I made for another thread

MK - Gaston's Tavern, Mainstreet Bakery, Sleepy Hollow

Epcot - Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles, Fountain View, Sunshine Seasons

DHS - The Market, Trolley Car Cafe, Woody's Lunch Box

DAK - Creature Comforts, Isle of Java, Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery, Pongu Pongu, Royal Anandapur Tea Company, Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes

DS - Earl of Sandwich, Erin McKenna's NYC Bakery, Pizza Ponte, Starbucks, Tea Traders Cafe, Vivoli Gelateria, Wolfgang Puck Express

Also all of the Joffrey's locations offer a variety of Doughnuts and Pastries

Brummyboy92

Rather me creating a new topic, I may as well ask it here instead.

We are doing breakfast at Garden Grill, reservation is 9am, however the park does not open until 9am, so are we allowed earlier access to the park despite staying off site? Also, if we are allowed in earlier, how much earlier?

Tuvalu

Rather me creating a new topic, I may as well ask it here instead.

We are doing breakfast at Garden Grill, reservation is 9am, however the park does not open until 9am, so are we allowed earlier access to the park despite staying off site? Also, if we are allowed in earlier, how much earlier?
There will be a CM holding a sign for those with breakfast reservations by a turnstile. Check in there and you will be allowed entry, likely 30-40 minutes prior to park opening.

Gaston's gal

A "must" breakfast for me is at Kona Cafe with the Tonga Toast. Yes, it is not on my diet, but good grief it is YUMMY!!!
Another really good breakfast that I believe is overlooked is the "Bon Voyage Adventure breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. It is not a buffet and it is incredible food choices. The characters are a bonus. May want to look that one up and give it a chance

NickPytlinski

All
  • The version of Starbucks that's in the parks with a gazilion types of coffee and pastries
MK
  • Plaza Restaurant (haven't been there. But it has all the staples)
  • Crystal Palace (character meal with Winnie and friends)
  • BOG (Prix Fix price which includes pastries, entree, and non-alcoholic drink, although you can order mimosas/wine, if you want)
Epcot
  • Garden Grill (plenty of food served family style plus Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale)
  • Sunshine Seasons (one of the better counter service restaurants)
AK
  • Tusker House (character meal with Donald and friends. Breakfast served buffet style. Some items with African flavor)
  • Rainforest Cafe (well, it's right next to the entrance. Has all the usual breakfast items. Never been but if you want an inexpenstive full breakfast you could go here)
  • Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery: Breakfast wrap, sausage/egg/cheese sandwich, pastries
  • Pongu Pongu
There are others. But this gets you started.

This is your best in park locations. i'd agree with JohnD

if you dont mind a resort (on the monorail) Ohana's is an amazing breakfast experience with stitch and gang

Simba’s Mom

Les Halles opens at 9 am. You can get there via the International Gateway or by turning right on the Promenade and passing Canada and the U.K. (You can only go as far as Norway if you turn left before 11 am.)

Here is the all day menu with DDP options noted.

Shh! Don't tell everyone. That's the main reason I love staying at the BCV-going into WS for breakfast at the French Bakery. One thing I love is the yogurt parfait. It really doesn't taste much like yogurt-more like whipped cream with fruit. Creme Brûlée also makes a good breakfast!

Raineman

We have only ever had breakfast at one place in the parks, and that is BoG. I've always enjoyed the breakfasts there, mostly because of the food, but the fact that it always happens the morning of our first park day, which is always MK, is a contributor too. the open faced egg sandwich with the applewood smoked bacon is my go-to there.

ppet

I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast at Woody's lunch box. But the best breakfast I have had at the world came from the Mary Poppins breakfast that they used to have at GF. Does this still exist?

TinyTGO

I think BOMA has the best TS breakfast in WDW. It's buffet style, but there is a very large selection which includes a lox station.

Zé_Carioca

I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast at Woody's lunch box. But the best breakfast I have had at the world came from the Mary Poppins breakfast that they used to have at GF. Does this still exist?

Do you mean the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare? In the morning they have a breakfast buffet with "British" characters like Mary Poppins, Pooh. Tigger, Alice and the Mad Hatter. If so, yes it is still an option!

ppet

Do you mean the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare? In the morning they have a breakfast buffet with "British" characters like Mary Poppins, Pooh. Tigger, Alice and the Mad Hatter. If so, yes it is still an option!
That is the one, I'm glad to hear it's still there. Characters were great and the food was the best buffet I had on site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom