Best pasta on property?

shoppingnut

gatordoc said:
I'm going to try to be nice, but anyone who thinks Olive Garden is good Italian ...:hurl:

IMHO (as a son of Italian immigrants who grew up on the real thing), none of the theme park Italian restaurants are all that great. Mama Melrose is passable, and Alfredo has a few good dishes, but the less said about Tony's the better.

If you really want decent Italian at WDW it is there, but you have to venture outside the parks. Palio at the Swan is the best, and Portobello at Downtown Disney is also pretty good.

I have to agree, being from NY too. I've tasted what they try to pass off as Italian and it's not great, but then again, when I visit WDW, I'm not looking to eat Italian since I can have that at home any time.

MicheleK

gatordoc said:
I'm going to try to be nice, but anyone who thinks Olive Garden is good Italian ...:hurl:

IMHO (as a son of Italian immigrants who grew up on the real thing), none of the theme park Italian restaurants are all that great. Mama Melrose is passable, and Alfredo has a few good dishes, but the less said about Tony's the better.

If you really want decent Italian at WDW it is there, but you have to venture outside the parks. Palio at the Swan is the best, and Portobello at Downtown Disney is also pretty good.

I'm also a full blooded Italian originally from Boston and can say I totally agree with you guys. If you want good Italian food, just come to the North End and you'll get it! :lol: :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Is there such a thing as good Pasta at WDW? Having had soooo many disapointments Im now reluctant to try it, though we are giving Tonys a second chance.

Did have a very nice dish at Pastamore at City walks last year.

Brer_roadrunner

Forget about good pasta... It doesn't exist at the World... The gravy (sauce for you non South Philadelphian's) at Mama Melrose's was terrible... No taste, bland, just horrible... The restaurant itself was nice, the bread was not terrible, but the gravy.... We would have been better off sitting in our room sharing a can of Chef Boyardi... I'll pass on the Italian while at the World... If I want good Italian I'll call my Mom...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom