Best part of Coronado Springs?

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
Now that a bunch of us have switched to / been forced into / or chosen Coronado Springs so we could have free dining, what are the perks of staying there? We have never been there and probably never would have chosen it on our own. We like the look of the rooms and I have read different posts. What is your favorite thing about staying at CS?

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
IMO the best is Casitas. It's the first bus stop in the morning and and easy walk to/from El Centro. Cabanas was also close to El Centro but we found on a few morning that the bus (MK) would fill up at the first 2 stops and just bypass us. Frustrating.
What's my favorite thing? The view of the main pool from El Centro at night. Beautiful.

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
We will use our own car, so I'm not worried about bus pick ups. I was wondering, which is the best section to request? When we stayed at PORS I was not interested in Alligator Bayou and thankfully we were able to stay in the mansions. In CS, are the Casitas more like the PORS mansions and the Cabanas and Ranchos like a southwestern themed Alligator Bayou?

jlsHouston

My favorite section to stay is the Cabana section. I feel it is close to the main building, close to the dig pool, not far from a bus stop and in front of the sandy beach with hammocks.

Vader2112

They really do not have a food court it is a buffet style. The Pepper Market has Quick service and Gelato and grab and go items. The grounds are well themed. Pool Area with the Pyramid Waterfall is a great place to hang out. Not to metion. Rix Lounge .

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Everything? Stayed there twice within 6 months. Casitas and then Ranchos. Casitas have a great quiet pool and the walk to the main building isn't far at all. Ranchos are on the complete opposite side of the lake from the main building and that can be quite a hike. However, they are pretty close to the feature pool.

Overall, we liked both of our stays there. Quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Food was pretty good and we liked the lakeside bar at night.

sissa216

I love Cabanas and Casitas equally. The locations at both are great, as is the theming. It is just an all around beautiful resort!
The room interiors feel slightly upgraded from the rest of the moderates.
The landscaping is gorgeous.
It is just so peaceful, relaxing, and beautiful!

jprieur

The grounds are indeed pretty and the bus service is top notch as well. A lot of folks will tell you to get the preferred sections (Casitas 1-3) but my advice is to steer clear. If there is a large convention, that is where most of the conventioneers will be placed. We were in Casita 1 on our last trip (booked preferred) and we just didn't like always passing people in suits and convention badges - it took away from the vacation feel.

My recommendation is the Cabanas, they are close to both the main bus stop and amenities and the directions you will walk to/fro services and food, you will never actually cross convention areas.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think that the pool area is pretty awesome. I like the big pyramid and my husband thought the water slide was nifty for a small slide. It also had some of the best bus service we have ever had on property. It is also within a decent walking distance to WinterSummerland mini-golf and I guess Blizzard Beach too, it took us about 15 minutes.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
I think that the pool area is pretty awesome. I like the big pyramid and my husband thought the water slide was nifty for a small slide. It also had some of the best bus service we have ever had on property. It is also within a decent walking distance to WinterSummerland mini-golf and I guess Blizzard Beach too, it took us about 15 minutes.
The buses were one of the best part. Rooms are a short walk from the stop and the buses are never crowded. Always took pity when leaving MK after Wishes and we would hop right on the bus and drive by the endless lines for AoA and the All Stars.

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
They really do not have a food court it is a buffet style. The Pepper Market has Quick service and Gelato and grab and go items. The grounds are well themed. Pool Area with the Pyramid Waterfall is a great place to hang out. Not to metion. Rix Lounge .

I have been trying to find out about this. Is the Pepper Market an actual buffet? How does that work with the dining plan?

choc_tpot

I don't think Pepper Market is buffet anymore. They trialled a buffet breakfast and lunch which was great, but it's been discontinued.

CS is fantastic. The pool is brilliant, the whole atmosphere, especially at night, is magic. The wildlife is wonderful (they have a resident gator!).

Personally I love the theming of Ranchos, but find Cabanas the most convenient. When there is a convention on then those guests favor Casitas for its proximity to the convention centre, so I understand that area can get busy.

WoodyNBuzz

We are looking forward to our first stay at CSR. Have stayed at POR, AS Movies, Pop, POFQ and now CSR. Really looking forward to this resort due to it's theming and overall appearance.

CheshireCat12

The Dig Site pool is beautiful! You will really enjoy it. If you like hot tubs, theirs seats 22 people (the biggest jacuzzi on property!). I love the Ranchos area landscaping and walking around the lagoon at night. Also a big fan of the fountain and dome in El Centro. Take a walk some evening down into the convention center and view all the artwork, it is really great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom