Best Mummy?

Which is the best Mummy ride?

• Total voters

Calm Down Rover

I've only ridden the US versions, of which Orlando is the clear winner. I like the brief dark ride portion at the beginning of USH's, but I feel that the eclipse storyline is somehow even less comprehensible than the movie set plot. The former is simpler, but the axed ending effects make it completely unclear how Imhotep is defeated. At least Orlando reinforces the importance of the Medjai symbol multiple times on the ride itself.

I'm a Florida native, and the first time I went to USH I remember pushing family members to ride Mummy because of how great the Orlando version is. I was pretty embarrassed after the ride was over ("The Orlando ride really is awesome, I swear!").

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I've only ridden the US versions, of which Orlando is the clear winner. I like the brief dark ride portion at the beginning of USH's, but I feel that the eclipse storyline is somehow even less comprehensible than the movie set plot. The former is simpler, but the axed ending effects make it completely unclear how Imhotep is defeated. At least Orlando reinforces the importance of the Medjai symbol multiple times on the ride itself.

I'm a Florida native, and the first time I went to USH I remember pushing family members to ride Mummy because of how great the Orlando version is. I was pretty embarrassed after the ride was over ("The Orlando ride really is awesome, I swear!").
how do you rank the 3 in order? i like seeimg
how people do them. I say its...

Singapore
Orlando

Hollywood

HwdStudio

Hollywoods Mummy seems like an after thought. After experiencing Orlando’s version, Hollywood’s was a disappointment

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
why are they so different layout wise? is there limited space over there?
correct! the Orlando building has way more space because it housed the flagship ride Kongfrontation which was a huge ride. Hollywood’s version was housed in the ET soundstage. that ride was much smaller and there is a lot less space in that building. I say, Hollywood did good with the space they only had available. Yes, the others are longer but that’s simply because the rides that were there before had much more room.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
for anyone that voted the Orlando version, i’m guessing you haven’t even tried to look at singapore’s. One thing that Hollywood is way better at is the story. Orlando has that dumb movie set theme that I just don’t get. It ruins the thought of actaully going in a mummy’s tomb and facing him which hollywood’s does well. there are parts with humor like at the end with Brandon Fraser, but the theme in Hollywood is you’re actually going into the mummies tomb and it’s much more scary and intimidating. I just don’t like how Orlando’s is like you’re going on a movie set and you’re the actors, it’s dumb. Singapore is clearly the winner here, that amazing facade, the story of Hollywood’s, and the ride of Orlando’s. Wish people actually took the time to see which is really the best.

JoeCamel

for anyone that voted the Orlando version, i’m guessing you haven’t even tried to look at singapore’s. One thing that Hollywood is way better at is the story. Orlando has that dumb movie set theme that I just don’t get. It ruins the thought of actaully going in a mummy’s tomb and facing him which hollywood’s does well. there are parts with humor like at the end with Brandon Fraser, but the theme in Hollywood is you’re actually going into the mummies tomb and it’s much more scary and intimidating. I just don’t like how Orlando’s is like you’re going on a movie set and you’re the actors, it’s dumb. Singapore is clearly the winner here, that amazing facade, the story of Hollywood’s, and the ride of Orlando’s. Wish people actually took the time to see which is really the best.
If you already determined the results why take up space with a poll?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'm apparently in the minority here, but I really love the movie set plot. Just a shame that it is only fully communicated through preshows videos in a part of the queue the line is never backed up enough to see.

But the idea of filming a movie with actual antiques only to awaken a true mummy's curse is really cool and unique to me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom