best money saving ideas

murphy

Besides the normal money saving ideas, like bringing snacks, eating in your room, value resorts and value season along with codes, what are some of your other best money saving ideas on your wdw trips?? Without leaving out the magic!! Thanks for sharing!

MR. DISNEY

Britta Sport bottle !!!! I bought one at Bed Bath and Beyond for $5.00 It filters out the bad taste. Water is free at all the drinking fountains. You only need to use it 2 times and it will pay for itself. I think its good for 30 times before you neeed to change the filter.

Upvote 0

swimmom

We don't rent a car. We rely on Disney transportation for the entire trip and we either take a shuttle or limo from the airport.

From home, we either get a ride to & from the airport or park our car at the airport in a remote parking lot, which is much cheaper in the Chicago area than taking a limo to & from the airport.

Upvote 0

weluvtink

Originally posted by Bill
Here's one... stay away from any and all PINS. They seem cheap to start with, but they add up quickly and are expensive and addictive. Plus Disney Pins are a BAD investment. Go look on eBay. ;)

I suggest taking some squirt bottles with you. They're more expensive at the parks. Sure they come with fans, but for $15, I don't need a fan, thank you very much. ;)

Bring your own cans of soda. Best thing is to make a trip to Publix and buy some Publix Brand soda. You'll be amazed at the savings. :) And in my opinion, Publix Brand actually puts out better sodas then some of the name brands.

Split meals, and BUY KIDS MEALS. They never check if you have kids. And the kids meals are always cheaper. Heck, I buy them at the Land everytime I go. :) Hee hee.

Don't think McDonald's is cheap on property, they're not.

If you need to make a local call in your room to say a Pizza Hut or a park, just dial '0' on your in-room phone. Disney will dial the number for you for free. :)

E-Ride Nights ARE worth it. :)

Are you driving down to Disney or flying?
You can get the squirt bottles with thefan attached at Wal-Mart for $5.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Originally posted by barnum42
"The sun has got his hat on
Hip, hip, hip hooray"

(Guess who once played Gerald? Wonna' be my Lady Jacqueline?)

I'd be delighted! (just online or people will talk!) :p

Anyway back to the topic at hand.....

Even though it costs more I much prefer on site, I stayed off site in 2001 and it just wasn't the same. As for money saving tips we do much the same as everyone else but I am always open to new ones too.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Originally posted by barnum42
Ah yes - your Fiance will never find us on the Net :lookaroun

Unfortunately he's an IT Support Manager, but avoids these boards like the plague as even though he loves WDW he can't stand talking about it 24/7, so I think we're safe!;)

Upvote 0

Bimmy56

We have a little game that we play called the Florida Floor Fund. We pick up all of the found money that we see everywhere (alot of it in pennies)and save it for our trip. We usually have between 10-20 dollars a year. Then we use it for a "free" meal or in tips. I work in a high school, so there is often loose change around the pop machines, plus the bending over is good exercise - LOL

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

My money saving tip would be to take a little extra $$ from each paycheck or bonus and buy disney dollars w/it and put them away for your trip.

My other tip is if you book your room in advance, try to save that amount of money asap. Then, when it gets closer to your trip, if you get a discount, you can use the extra money you saved for souvineers, food, etc.

When I orginally booked my May trip at rack rate, I saved $1000 cash to pay for it. A few months before my trip, I got the AP rate and had an extra $400 to spend. -Stephanie

Upvote 0

phlydude

Originally posted by iluvstitch
My money saving tip would be to take a little extra $$ from each paycheck or bonus and buy disney dollars w/it and put them away for your trip.

My other tip is if you book your room in advance, try to save that amount of money asap. Then, when it gets closer to your trip, if you get a discount, you can use the extra money you saved for souvineers, food, etc.

When I orginally booked my May trip at rack rate, I saved $1000 cash to pay for it. A few months before my trip, I got the AP rate and had an extra $400 to spend. -Stephanie

If you don't feel like you can save it, pay off your room. If you get a discounted rate, have them apply the difference to the room charging privilege.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Originally posted by Bimmy56
We have a little game that we play called the Florida Floor Fund. We pick up all of the found money that we see everywhere (alot of it in pennies)and save it for our trip. We usually have between 10-20 dollars a year. Then we use it for a "free" meal or in tips. I work in a high school, so there is often loose change around the pop machines, plus the bending over is good exercise - LOL

We save all our change for vacations, and co-workers sometimes laugh at me for picking up change on the floor, but it adds up!!! My daughter came home from school one day with over 30 cents in change, mostly pennies, from the high school cafeteria floor.

Upvote 0

Joevn

Wow, lots of good ideas. I'd like to reiterate the tip on purchasing tickets beforehand, either online or at the Disney Store (though they seem to be closing left and right on me). Not only do you save a bit of money, but you don't have to deal with the lines at the parks' ticket booths.

Do any of you have any recommendations for a good source of the room rate discount codes? Or do you guys and gals pretty much hear about it from these boards?

Thanks,
Joe

Upvote 0

phlydude

Originally posted by Joevn
Wow, lots of good ideas. I'd like to reiterate the tip on purchasing tickets beforehand, either online or at the Disney Store (though they seem to be closing left and right on me). Not only do you save a bit of money, but you don't have to deal with the lines at the parks' ticket booths.

Do any of you have any recommendations for a good source of the room rate discount codes? Or do you guys and gals pretty much hear about it from these boards?

Thanks,
Joe

best place for codes is mousesavers.com

Check it out. Awesome info there

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom