Best Mexican at WDW

Minnie1986

Original Poster
My little cousin has specifically requested Mexican food be one of our table service meals but I couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve had Mexican at WDW. Any recommendations? What are you guys’ favorites? TIA!!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
My little cousin has specifically requested Mexican food be one of our table service meals but I couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve had Mexican at WDW. Any recommendations? What are you guys’ favorites? TIA!!

For TS your best bet would be Epcot. Frontera at DS is okay as well. You won't find many options at AK, DHS, or the MK (other than maybe QS - ex Pecos Bill's). You could always try Coronado (which is shifting a little more European Spanish rather than Mexican) but you can still find some staples.

If you have a car and want some chain stuff you have Chevy's at Crossroads and Rocco's Tacos over on Sandlake. There are a few options on I-Drive as well.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
For TS your best bet would be Epcot. Frontera at DS is okay as well. You won't find many options at AK, DHS, or the MK (other than maybe QS - ex Pecos Bill's). You could always try Coronado (which is shifting a little more European Spanish rather than Mexican) but you can still find some staples.

If you have a car and want some chain stuff you have Chevy's at Crossroads and Rocco's Tacos over on Sandlake. There are a few options on I-Drive as well.
Thanks! I apologize if I wasn’t clear. I’m looking for a TS place. Do you know the name of the Spanish restaurant at the Coronado Springs?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Thanks! I apologize if I wasn’t clear. I’m looking for a TS place. Do you know the name of the Spanish restaurant at the Coronado Springs?

Maya Grill (Tex-Mex). Cafe Rix is more a sports bar mofif but can find some Mexican Dishes. I think Toledo is one of the newer restaurants in the tower (Never eaten there - will in Sept - but I think it's more Spanish influenced). The on the water restaurant - Three Bridges - hasn't published the menu yet (to my knowledge) - so it is an unknown

JIMINYCR

La Hacienda at EP. The food is a step above San Angel IMHO. We have had better service as well. San Angel table arrangement is very tight, a bit too dark, even though it works for the volcano effect, and we have had lack of attentive servers most of the time.

casuter

For Mexican food, I've only been to the Mexico Pavilion restaurants, and I thought the food was great.

If you want a really good atmosphere with ok food: go to San Angel Inn (I cannot recommend this more -- the experience is amazing)
I've eaten at the San Angel Inn multiple times, and in my opinion, the food is consistent. I recommend asking for a seat with a view of the volcano.

If you want slightly better food (slightly) and views of the fireworks: go to La Hacienda de San Angel (my food was pretty good, and there are large windows in the main room for firework viewing)

TongaToast21

I'm not sure how old your little cousin is... but if they are younger. definitely San Angel. You might have to deal with some incompetence at the check-in, but its by far one of the best atmospheres at WDW.. I've always enjoyed the food, but if you are going with a foodie who cares more about taste than ambiance-- perhaps looks elsewhere-- although i've never had a bad meal

Oh bother!

I’d try to get a booking at la hacienda a short while before illuminations and when checking in request a good table for firework viewing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom