Best meal you've had at WDW?

misti

What is the best meal you have ever had at WDW? We want to have one great meal without the kids whilst we are there in November, where should we go?
Thanks

Chris

Our best meal was at Thanksgiving Day 2001. We ate at the California Grill and had our extended family there for not only Thanksgiving but our 10th wedding anniversary. The food was great and we were given as "private" dining area where we ate and enjoyed the day.

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

My ULTIMATE dinner experience was at Cinerellas Royal Table, sitting at the windows, watching fireworks over dinner...everything on that menu is FABULOUS!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lee L

The night before our Wedding, my wife and I ate at Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge. I had a salmon dish that was cooked on an oak or cedar plank that was brought out flaming to the table. The salmon was from some special stream in Alaska or Washington State that you could only get fresh 3 weeks a year During May/June. That was the single best tating meal of my life. The fish was cooked perfectly, hot but still rare in the middle and it fell apart when the fork even got near it. My wife even teases me because practically every time I eat fish and she asks me how it was, I always say it wasn't as good as the salmon at WL... Too bad that Restaurant is closed now.

Upvote 0

Lilo

Hmmm. Alone, without kids. Well, the Brown Derby is quite nice with a little booth off in the corner somewhere. The Yachtsman Steakhouse is nice and the dinner is great. Also the California Grill at the Contemp, a nice table for two by the window to watch the fireworks.

I'm sure there is more, but unfortunately we never eat without our son (no babysitter), but don't think I don't notice these places:lol:

Have a nice romantic meal whatever you do.

Upvote 0

dox

I love these food related threads! :p
Well my vote goes to the above two and one additional place. I've eaten at the California Grill, three times and have never had a bad meal. I've also been lucky to get window seats twice. But even without the window seat, the meal was great. In fact, we made our reservations around the time the fireworks were to commence. We were seatedprior to them beginning, and our waiter rushed our drink orders so we could walk out onto the balcony to watch the fireworks drinks in hand. Either way it is wonderful. Food is never a let down here. It really is comparable to any top NYC restaurant. It is also very busy place, so i f you end up taking your kid not a big deal.

Artist Point - Been there once. Alot of steaks and NW U.S. related dishes. Our meal was top notch and we wished we would have found this place sooner. Turns out our meal was timed with the electrical water pageant. We went out onto the balcony to watch it, and a few moments later our waiter showed up with our drinks so we could enjoy outdoors. That is service. We had the buffalo steak, whichh was so tender and juicy.

Narcosees at GF - this place also has a sensational view of MK and the fireworks. Almost every table has a view as the restaurant is situated out onto the seven seas lagoon. Great wine list. Florida inspired cuisine. Lots of seafood and very fresh. I had lobster tail and filet mignon possibly the best i've ever had. The place is pricey. But it has a really adult quiet ambience. Very romantic i thought too. Service top notch.

Obviously for an adult dinner there is also victoria and alberts, unfortunately i've never been, but i've read and seen great things about it. This is truly for the adults and no kids. But also involves suit and tie, whihc i really don't want to do on vacation given that i wear one year round practically.

Let us know what you decide.

Upvote 0

Pixiedust30

Best Meal

Hands down the best meal ever is at the California Grill. The food, service, ambiance and view is no competition to any other restaurants on the property- We've eaten there numerous times and have never had a bad meal- Our last time there was in March and we will be back there in 2 weeks. We always request Walter and he is by far the best waiter in the state of Florida- He remembers everything about us when we go there- From the sushi to the wood grill pizzas, entrees and desserts its amazing- there is also on of the best wine lists I have ever seen there. The open air kitchen lets you get a peek at some of the lovely creations that come out of the kitchen- Do your self a favor and go there for dinner

:lol:

Pixiedust 30
18 days till next trip:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CDS Disney

The best that i have had was the hoop-dee-doo musical review. All you can eat I love that. But in the Parks them selvs its a toss up between toco stand in Mexico (epcot) and pecos bills (frontier land)

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
(yall are pro. tired of me talking about this)

My favorite meal was on my sweet 16 (may 21, 2002) We went to chef mickey's before MK opened...our table overlooked MK...i could see the Castle and Tomorrowland and more. I recived a birthday pin (also can get this at city hall), cupcake (MM) and birthday placemat....the food was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!! (buffet) the service was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! the characters spent alot of time with us (it was just me and my dad)
it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

Well every meal i have had at a Disney restaurants until now has been great.:) The most mouth watering and romantic was the meal at the Mexican restaurant San Angel Inn (inside mexico). The lights are dim, u see the mexican pyramid and the boats from the ride pass by while u are eating, u also get to hear the wonderful sounds of mariachies(i hope thats how u spell it:) )

Cinderellas Royal Table= very romantic sit by the window during fireworks time.
50s Prime Time= great food u will think ur part of the 50s
Sci-Fi Dine In= great food and u eat in a car if u have priority seating
Garden grill= delicious buffet u get to see the land from the ride and its a rotating restaurant.
Alfredo di roma(in italy)= delicious i felt like if i was in italy
Nine Dragons (in china)= awesome food i felt chinnese(and they let u use a fork:) )
Rain Forest Cafe=there both good but my favorite is at Down town disney the foods the same the atmosphere a little diffrent.

Upvote 0

MinnieMom

Definitely loved a romantic meal with my husband at the San Angel Inn (inside the Mexican Pavillion - EPCOT). That was before we had children. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent food. :slurp:

Upvote 0

GenerationX

My favorite meal in WDW is the Linguini Fra Diavolo at Mama Melrose's. :slurp: The restaurant is not exactly fancy, but it could be considered romantic.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
The best meal I've ever had food wise has to be Narcosees at GF. It was a very tastly meal.

But if you looking for the best overall with fun and most memorable, it has to be Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. We do this one every year now. And like clockwork, its so great to do. Chip and Dale are just great! If I was told I could only do one place for dinner on a Disney vacation, I would pick LTT hands down.

But I'm just a kid at heart... :)

Upvote 0

MGM WDWFan

So tempted to turn this thread into another "turkey leg" love-fest...but I won't.

My best meal would probably have been at 'Ohana. With the kids....if you do the whole experience, it won't matter what you get for food, they'll remember it for the rest of your life.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom