Best meal for 6 yo at CRT?

sandheichert

Original Poster
Want to take my daughter to BBB and CRT for a meal. Any suggestions on what meal is best there? We are going Dec. 6-12
Thanks

happymom52003

It really comes down to personal taste.
Some people think the food is horrible at CRT, but my family loved breakfast and lunch.
However, we did not enjoy dinner there.

It might be helpful to check out the menus (on the main page of this site). Lunch has more variety, but the breakfast is tasty. Check out the menus to see what interests you the most.

After doing all three meals there, we have chosen to do the lunch again on our next trip.

Have fun! We love CRT....it is a must do on every trip for us.

I agree it depends on what kind of meal you are looking for. Take a look at the menus and see what everyone would like the best. For us breakfast was out because my kids just don't eat more than 3 bites of anything for breakfast, we went for dinner. The food was fine, nothing spectacular and the kids food was the typical kid food. What I tell people if they ask, is you aren't going for the food really, you are going to for the princess (or prince) in your family so they can say they have eaten at Cinderella's castle. Everyone should eat in a princess' castle at least once in their life. :king:

sandheichert

Original Poster
Thanks...

I noticed you are going the first week of December. Are the crowds ok that week right after thanksgiving weekend or should I keep our dates of Dec. 6-12

mouselvrmom

We prefer an early breakfast. We get wonderful character interaction and get into the park for some pics before it's opened. There is something so magical about walking up to the castle for breakfast with out anyone else there.

I also think that at one, is it dinner?, there are no actual characters going from table to table.

happymom52003

Are the crowds ok that week right after thanksgiving weekend or should I keep our dates of Dec. 6-12

Keep your dates...you are going during one of THE BEST weeks of the entire year, in my opinion. It is one of the least crowded weeks of the holiday season (according to the crowd calendar on touringplans.com).

If I did not have to plan our trips around work and school schedules and could go ANY week of the entire year, your week would be the one I would pick.

Pop Warner football will be going on while you are there, but that does NOT make the parks more crowded. The only pain with that is if you are staying at value resorts where they stay.

But if I remember correctly you are at the WL, so you will not be affected by them.

happymom52003

We prefer an early breakfast. We get wonderful character interaction and get into the park for some pics before it's opened. There is something so magical about walking up to the castle for breakfast with out anyone else there.

I also think that at one, is it dinner?, there are no actual characters going from table to table.

Correct....at dinner you greet Cinderella in the lobby like at breakfast and lunch....but during dinner there are no princesses.....the Fairy Godmother and the mice put on a short show, but do not visit each table for autographs.

We were going to go the week you are going, but we decided against it because it's Pop Warner week and my husband and I are not huge fans of football players/cheerleaders. So we are going right after Thanksgiving instead, we've been twice before at this time of the year and I have been many times before at other times of the year. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas has definately been the best time we've gone, that's why we keep goint back then. We've had great weather, the holiday decorations and activities are out and about, and the lines and crowds are not bad at all, for the most part no longer than 20 minutes. We have actually walked on popular rides, and we even had our own boat once on Pirates of the Caribbean. You'll love it, it's a great time of the year to go!

happymom52003

if any have gone this week (dec1-12) can you use the pool? is it warm enough?

It really just depends...you never know. We did use the pool a few times in the afternoon when we went in early December.

The weather was usually cool in the morning....and heated up quite a bit by afternoon. Most nights were cool, but we had a couple of nights that were pretty warm.

I think we maybe had one day where it was kind of cool all day.

So pack your swimsuits! Chances are pretty good you will get to use them.

Carolyn1717

if any have gone this week (dec1-12) can you use the pool? is it warm enough?

All the pools are heated to between 80 - 85 degrees all year long. Depending on where you are coming from, you will use the pool. For us who live here, we are cold when it's 75...if your coming from anywhere cold, you will be fine. That time of year the easiest way to tell the difference between the tourist and the locals, is we are wearing winter clothes while you are walking around in shorts...:xmas: Have a wonderful time, and enjoy the fabulous Christmas displays Disney has all over property. Resort hop...some of the resorts are spectacular.

Candyland

We were there the Dec 6th-11th last year and the weather was exactly what you said. A little cool in the morning but warm enough in the afternoon and early evening for swimming. One of the waterparks was even open. The lines were great (never more than 15 minute wait, most things we basically walked on). It was Pop Warner so there were alot of kids around but it was still a wonderful time to go.
We are going Oct 2009 so I'm hoping to find similiar crowds that time of year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom