Best locations for shooting Wishes

tink282010

Original Poster
We are going to see Wishes tomorrow night and am wondering where the best locations are to shoot them from. I shot the Hallowishes the other night from the train station area (overlooking Main Street USA) and had a great location, but my lenses were not quite what I was needing.

I am working with the Canon 10-22mm and Canon 70-200mm lens so I have one that is too far away and one that is too close. So I am trying to find a good spot to shoot from with the 10-22mm where the Castle is fairly close up with maybe a little of Main Street. BTW, I am using a gorillapod (the large one that does hold the big lenses) so I need a spot where I can actually set it up. Any ideas and/or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How did you get on? The 10-22 should work great from around Caseys. Could be a problem finding a spot for the Gorrilapod.

tink282010

Original Poster
I managed to get up to the train station area and look straight down Main Street USA from above. However, I was too close for the 70-200 and a little too far with the 10-22. I shot using the 10-22 and got what looks like some decent shots (still editing the pics, lol), but I am just way too far back. I did manage to get the gorillapod set up on the railing although for the next trip, I think I may bring my regular tripod. I am also looking into purchasing the 24-70mm as I think that would be a better choice for what I was looking for and could have given me that in-between distance I was needing, not only for fireworks, but for everything in general.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I managed to get up to the train station area and look straight down Main Street USA from above. However, I was too close for the 70-200 and a little too far with the 10-22. I shot using the 10-22 and got what looks like some decent shots (still editing the pics, lol), but I am just way too far back. I did manage to get the gorillapod set up on the railing although for the next trip, I think I may bring my regular tripod. I am also looking into purchasing the 24-70mm as I think that would be a better choice for what I was looking for and could have given me that in-between distance I was needing, not only for fireworks, but for everything in general.

What body were you using?

When you get done with the edit show us how it went :)

tink282010

Original Poster
What dont you like about the 7D?

Oh, I love my 7D. I still plan on keeping that, but I am looking to upgrade my 30D to the 5D Mark II. I would like to have one full frame and one crop sensor. The 7D has been an amazing camera and combined with the right lenses, can produce some amazing images. Before I had settled on getting the 7D, I was contemplating between getting that or the 5D and decided to wait and go with the 7D first.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Oh, I love my 7D. I still plan on keeping that, but I am looking to upgrade my 30D to the 5D Mark II. I would like to have one full frame and one crop sensor. The 7D has been an amazing camera and combined with the right lenses, can produce some amazing images. Before I had settled on getting the 7D, I was contemplating between getting that or the 5D and decided to wait and go with the 7D first.

Ah OK gotchya. That will be a great combo of bodies you'll have!

tink282010

Original Poster
Ah OK gotchya. That will be a great combo of bodies you'll have!

That's what I was hoping for, lol. I have a bunch of lenses also that won't work with the 5D, so there is another reason for keeping the 7D. I think the 7D is about as close to the 5D as you can get for a crop sensor and I love some of the lenses I have that work for the 7D and not the 5D, so I just don't think I could bear to give it up. I guess I'm just not ready to make a full switch to full frame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom