Best Jungle Cruise Skipper EVER

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
We rode tonight around 10:00 and had a skipper named Ty. He was the most original and hilarious skipper we've had in a long time. He was probably the best we've had (with Ester being second). Even his opening was funny; "Welcome to the After Hours Jungle Cruise, where the jokes are suggestive and take twice as long to explain to your children." He got really into it and kicked the "box" in front of him a lot to scare everybody.

My favorite line was at the end. "The Jungle Cruise is brought to you by Cinnamon French Toast Candles. I like to light them every morning and give my roommate false hopes." That's something Mitch Hedberg said and I called him out on it and he started telling a bunch of Mitch jokes. It was really hilarious.

We want to start asking if he's working and wait for him whenever we ride. Most of the skippers these days are just so boring. Anyone had him before?

WEDisney

I think we had him in February when we were there. By far the best I have had in a long time. I couldn't believe that he didn't run out breath, he spoke so much. I shook his hand at the end and said awesome job. As I exited the boat I heard two girls commenting that that was a lame ride. Some people just don't get it.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
As I exited the boat I heard two girls commenting that that was a lame ride. Some people just don't get it.
"Haunted Mansion wasn't even scary. Stuff at home is way scarier than that. It was such a waste of my day." - Teeny Bopper Moron behind us on iasw

metscool

I've had him too about two weeks ago. I was trying to get my friends boat that night and I loved it. They are so funny over there. Try next time to get my friend Ian's boat if he is on a boat.

LoriMistress

I really hate to say this, but Robin Williams. He use to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper back in the haydays when he worked at DLR (obviously before he became famous.) Then back I want to say late 90's he was in MK to promote a movie or something. He talked to some CM and Disney allowed him to do the Jungle Cruise Skipper thing. They only let a few selected people to be in the few boat rides while Robin Williams was the Skipper. They let mainly CMs on the boat.

SarahSmilin1117

I have, sadly, never had Ty. Would love to sometime...
We did however have a great one in Dec. 2005 obviously it was a little while ago so I don't remember everything but my favorite was when we passed the lions who were dining on some zebras

"Over there you will see the lions and zebras and if you are under 8 years old that zebra is taking a nap and those lions are protecting it"

I dont know if that was scripted (i'll feel like sucha dork if it was) but I thought it was hilarious. Always good when people make that extra effort

"PS That's what the alphabet would look like if R got mad and left" -- Thanks for quoting Mitch Ty

TroyMcClure

I really hate to say this, but Robin Williams. He use to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper back in the haydays when he worked at DLR (obviously before he became famous.) Then back I want to say late 90's he was in MK to promote a movie or something. He talked to some CM and Disney allowed him to do the Jungle Cruise Skipper thing. They only let a few selected people to be in the few boat rides while Robin Williams was the Skipper. They let mainly CMs on the boat.
Wow, what a great story! I didn't know he used to be a CM.

comics101

Man I wish I could get this guy. The skippers are getting kinda pathetic in my opinion. I know it must get tiring to have to go around and around a billion times, but they shouldn't show it, and they do. Disney really needs to keep up on that, and somehow motivate the JC cms and GMR cms to act like they love their job, bc right now they act like they hate it...

Texzilla

When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought “I’ve got to tell them about Ty!” !!!!!!!!!! We had him as our Captain last Dec and he was GREAT!!!! Going through the ruined temple in Asia he started singing the same creepy song Gene Wilder sang in “Willy Wonka” as the boat on the chocolate river starts going crazy. Then as were disembarking a young girl tries to leave the boat through one of the openings between the two exit spaces. Ty says “No, not through the window. Wait till you’re 18, Princess. Then slide down the drain pipe and wait till you ease the car out of the drive way before starting it. Just make sure you switch the radio back to the oldies station when you get home. That’s how I got caught.” I’ve got it on DVD and it’s one of my main go to discs when I need my WDW fix. Ty rocks!!

ZapperZ

I never had a pleasure of having Ty as our skipper. He sounds like he's a hoot! I hope I'm lucky enough to get him. I wonder if we could request to be on his boat? :)

The best jungle cruise skipper that I've had was Louisa. In fact, I videotaped the whole ride. As with Ty and this thread, Louisa also found the video that I uploaded on Google Video and my comments about how wonderful she was. So it was nice to actually make contact with these cast members and get the opportunity to tell how wonderful they were.

Zz.

ccmuffin2

Best skipper I've had is Randel in Oct 2006 I videotaped him . I wish I could post it here like the post before but don't have the know how to do it ...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Man I wish I could get this guy. The skippers are getting kinda pathetic in my opinion. I know it must get tiring to have to go around and around a billion times, but they shouldn't show it, and they do. Disney really needs to keep up on that, and somehow motivate the JC cms and GMR cms to act like they love their job, bc right now they act like they hate it...

In recent trips, I've found the Jungle Cruise skippers to be MILES above the GMR drivers. I suspect that is because there is a lot more room for ad-libbing and humor on the Jungle Cruise. The GMR always seems to be the same schpiel every single time.

I do notice a lot of rotating going on at the Jungle Cruise, which I suspect they do to keep it fresher, so the same person is not driving a boat for an entire 8 hour shift. My last skipper had been helping with loading and unloading the entire time I was waiting, then came in to our boat to drive.

rubiehubie

Two years ago me and my brother got one at night. He was crazy! For half of the ride he just re-enacted the Star tours ride instead. I've been to disneyland many times and love that ride too, he did it all perfectly! With Light effects too! Then when we got to the dancing natives he acted like it was a rave and started beatboxing "sandstorm" (the techno song) and strobing the lights. He is definitely my favorite Skipper :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom