1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Best hotels

Discussion in 'Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai' started by David2319, Jul 2, 2017.

?

Which Shanghai Disneyland Hotel is worth it for the price?

1. Shanghai Disneyland Hotel

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Toy Story Hotel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

What are the best on-property hotels at Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo?

Really appreciate the help.

For Shanghai, we are thinking about getting two rooms at the Toy Story Hotel, or one room at The Shanghai Disneyland Hotel, which would you personally recommend? They are roughly the same price. Park views seem like a Rip-off, but I don't know for sure.

The Hong Kong Explorer's Hotel looks awesome, but is the Hollywood Hotel actually better because it doesn't have the hype?

Are any of the affiliated Tokyo Disney Hotels and good? And is Hotel MiraCosta (which looks epic) worth the extra cost? As with the park view?

We are hoping to get 1 super-deluxe hotel on the trip, and the rest more affordable... like under $280 (which is expensive, but not too bad when compared to WDW). We've done quite a bit of research, but the people on this website are just awesome I figured I might as well get feedback from all of you. Thank you so much!!

2. Disneysea05

Disneysea05 Well-Known Member

I've had the pleasure of staying in all of them, and I feel if you are only going to do one deluxe hotel do the Mira Costa in Tokyo which is my favorite Disney hotel. If you really splurge and are successful in booking a Harbor view, even better! A Venice Side room at the Mira Costa or A Park View room at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel are also great choices.

Toy Story Hotel was a pleasant experience, a lot of fun with all the details and I really liked the Café for breakfast. The Shanghai Disneyland Hotel was great. We had a park view, which is really more of a lake view with the park in the distance. The castle Is enormous so there is no problem seeing it from the room.

I don't know what you mean by hype regarding the Explorer Lodge, but what I can tell you that while the Hollywood Hotel has nice accommodations, the hotel overall could use a refurbishment while the Explorers Lodge is brand new.

David2319 and Peter Pano like this.
  3. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member Original Poster

What I meant was, is the Explorer's Lodge only regarded as great because it is new? But you seemed to answer my question. Thank you so much for the info!

For Hotel Miracosta, do you always have to call for more than 1 or 2 days?

4. Disneysea05

Disneysea05 Well-Known Member

Depends on the season you are going and room type. Certain room types were only available by phone, but once I was able to get a Harbor View room for 3 nights through the website.

If what you want is not available, book your second choice and then keep checking back. It is really easy to switch your reservations on the English website.

5. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

Definitely go with Explorers Lodge over Hollywood Hotel. No comparison.

David2319 likes this.
  6. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thank you!

GiveMeTheMusic likes this.