Best hotels near Disneyland

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hi All,

My friend and I are going to Disneyland valentine's day weekend; we'll be driving down from our original destination of L.A. Does anyone have suggestions for great hotels to stay at in the area. Looking for something close to the parks. I'm also looking at Paradise Park; is it worth the money?

Darkbeer1

In my opinion, the three Disney Hotels are overpriced, and don't offer as good of service as non-Disney Hotels.

Many non-Disney Hotels are as closer, or closer than the Disney owned ones. You have access to shuttle service, shops, restaurants and more. Many come with a free Hot Breakfast, larger rooms, some with Kitchenets.

So where to stay? A few newer built Hotels come to mine. The Courtyard by Marriott and the Holiday Inn Express are within Walking Distance. The corner of Harbor and Katella has the Hyatt House, Springhill Suites and the Residence Inn.

A new upscale Hotel, formerly the Country Inn is the Suncoast Park Hotel.

The Cambria is opening this week.

So that is a start of places to look. What type of things are you looking for in a Hotel?

Mike730

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-planning-guide/

I found this guide helpful. Link #3 for hotels.

Recently I stayed at Hotel indigo and had excellent service and nice, basic rooms. After juggling price, distance to the parks, comfort, and room availability, that's where I landed. 10 minute walk.

I don't know what Paradise Park is so I can't comment on that.

Edit: Also keep in mind parking fees (some are not free) and whether or not they let you stay in the lot all day on your day of checkout.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
In my opinion, the three Disney Hotels are overpriced, and don't offer as good of service as non-Disney Hotels.

Many non-Disney Hotels are as closer, or closer than the Disney owned ones. You have access to shuttle service, shops, restaurants and more. Many come with a free Hot Breakfast, larger rooms, some with Kitchenets.

So where to stay? A few newer built Hotels come to mine. The Courtyard by Marriott and the Holiday Inn Express are within Walking Distance. The corner of Harbor and Katella has the Hyatt House, Springhill Suites and the Residence Inn.

A new upscale Hotel, formerly the Country Inn is the Suncoast Park Hotel.

The Cambria is opening this week.

So that is a start of places to look. What type of things are you looking for in a Hotel?
Thanks!

Nothing fancy since we won't be in the hotel room for long. We're looking to arrive Friday afternoon, hit the park, do something non-Disney related on Saturday and then do California Adventures/Star Wars all day Sunday.

Darkbeer1

OK, will you have a car? Are you willing to take a shuttle?

The Staybridge Suiteson Manchester is coming in at $150 a night.

The SunCoast is $181 a night.

As for Saturdfay, what type of things do you want do?

Knott's is great if you want to do another Theme Park, maybe com\bine it with a Dinner Theater, Medieval Times or the Pirates Dinner Adventure. Plenty of other things to do in the area.

bryanfze55

Last year, we stayed at The Courtyard by Marriott across from DL. I think it came out to about $260/day with the package I bought from Get Away Today.

This past week we stayed at Springhill Suites at the intersection of Harbor and Katella. I booked it for about $140/night plus taxes through Expedia.

Springhill was a longer walk, maybe about fifteen total minutes to security (but I have kids, who slow us down). However, it was a great experience. One of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at, regardless of price. Beds were comfy, the adjacent rooms were not noisy at all, elevators were consistent, and the breakfast was complimentary and... not great, but very decent for hotel breakfast. We didn’t use the pool, but they have a rooftop pool.

Topping it off, the service was phenomenal. If you can find that hotel for under $200, I would say it’s worth it.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Last year, we stayed at The Courtyard by Marriott across from DL. I think it came out to about $260/day with the package I bought from Get Away Today.

This past week we stayed at Springhill Suites at the intersection of Harbor and Katella. I booked it for about $140/night plus taxes through Expedia.

Springhill was a longer walk, maybe about fifteen total minutes to security (but I have kids, who slow us down). However, it was a great experience. One of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at, regardless of price. Beds were comfy, the adjacent rooms were not noisy at all, elevators were consistent, and the breakfast was complimentary and... not great, but very decent for hotel breakfast. We didn’t use the pool, but they have a rooftop pool.

Topping it off, the service was phenomenal. If you can find that hotel for under $200, I would say it’s worth it.
Thanks. I'll definitely check out Springhill!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The DLR owned hotels are not worth the price you will pay in my opinion.

There are TONS of other hotels/motels in easy walking distance.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Park hotel (S Harbor) and the Residence Inn Convention Center (W Katella).

Staying at either you can easily walk and there's a CVS on the corner of S Harbor and W Katella that you'll pass staying at either.

I think Residence Inn has the edge because its newer and has a great buffet breakfast included.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
OK, will you have a car? Are you willing to take a shuttle?

The Staybridge Suiteson Manchester is coming in at $150 a night.

The SunCoast is $181 a night.

As for Saturdfay, what type of things do you want do?

Knott's is great if you want to do another Theme Park, maybe com\bine it with a Dinner Theater, Medieval Times or the Pirates Dinner Adventure. Plenty of other things to do in the area.
I believe we are renting a car and yes, we're definitely willing to use shuttle service. I've always wanted to check out Knott's, so that's a great suggestion.

Darkbeer1

Ended up finding a Hilton Hotel that offers shuttle service (SunCoast Marriott). Very excited. Thanks everyone!

First off, I presume you made a typo regarding "Marriott", and are talking about the Tapestry Collection Hotel by Hilton.

Also note, due to the City of Anaheim regulations, the Suncoast cannot offer a private shuttle, but instead be part of the ART Shuttle service (Route 7, Clementine Line, text2go code 6024). FYI, the Suncoast Park was known as the Country Inn before its recent makeover)

I hope you have a great trip.

Please let us know what you think of the Hotel after your trip.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
First off, I presume you made a typo regarding "Marriott", and are talking about the Tapestry Collection Hotel by Hilton.

Also note, due to the City of Anaheim regulations, the Suncoast cannot offer a private shuttle, but instead be part of the ART Shuttle service (Route 7, Clementine Line, text2go code 6024). FYI, the Suncoast Park was known as the Country Inn before its recent makeover)

Yes, I meant the hotel linked is egrre

Yes, this what happens when you try to post while doing other things. The hotel is definitely a Hilton; we were debating between that and a Marriott.

Also,yes, wasn’t referring to a private shuttle but the one you referenced. It picks up and drops off at the hotel every half hour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom