Best hotel to see fireworks from?

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
On my last trip to Disney as Saratoga Springs, at night you could see some of the Illuminations fireworks! This got me thinking, what is the best hotel to see any fireworks from? I'd say Contemporary because of it's close proximity to the Magic Kingdom, but what do you think?

psukardi

GF is a great place to watch the fireworks from. If you have the right room - I think Conch Key ??? you can see them right from your balcony

epcotisbest

On my last trip to Disney as Saratoga Springs, at night you could see some of the Illuminations fireworks! This got me thinking, what is the best hotel to see any fireworks from? I'd say Contemporary because of it's close proximity to the Magic Kingdom, but what do you think?
We sometimes watch illuminations from the bridge at the Boardwalk where the boats from Epcot pass under.

Disneykidder

I've stayed at BLT in a theme park room and it was pretty awesome. The music is on the TV and it is a clear view. Having the castle, Astro Orbitor and Space Mountain in the shots were great!!
A few weeks ago I stayed at BWV. We had a pool view. Well, little did we know that exactly straight ahead was Tower of Terror, The Sorcerers hat and the Great Movie Ride. We saw the Frozen Fireworks from DHS. It was awesome!!!! It was unexpected and incredible. We were able to hear Illuminations from our balcony at BWV.

Disvillain63

Last year, while staying at Boardwalk, we were able to watch the Villain fireworks at DHS. We then walked around the boardwalk and watched Illuminations. Finally we watched Wishes, while standing somewhat center on the boardwalk.

CP_alum08

I have watched from the back docks at GF and the bridge between BLT and Conteporary...I liked the bridge better. Another option is watching from the ferry launch dock at the TTC. It's a more straight on view and I think they still have the music playing but I can't remember 100%.

Longers

Fourth floor outdoor viewing area at Contemporary. But the very best is top of BLT if you have access. Or top of Contemporary if you are dining at CG.
Can anyone go to the 4th floor? Or are there restrictions I.e. Resort guests? Just curious - thanks

epcotisbest

Can anyone go to the 4th floor? Or are there restrictions I.e. Resort guests? Just curious - thanks
Yes as @Tuvalu said, anyone can go there. It is an open area platform on the MK end of the Contemporary. There are even some benches out there, but they usually fill up before we get there, still plenty of standing room. Good spot to view fireworks and explore Contemporary shops either before or after.

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom