Best hotel and room option for three adults sharing

kirstenoel

Original Poster
Hello everyone. I'm finally booking another WDW holiday after four years!

Previously we've stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and All Star Resorts (movies and music). This year we are looking to go as three adults and wondered what the best options would be. I.e. Would it be more economical to book some kind of suite than two separate rooms?

Very open to ideas for different resorts. We loved AKL but found the pool was quite shaded by a certain point in the day.

Has anyone travelled as a group of adults before and what did you do?

It's more from a privacy vs inclusive stand point. We'd like the privacy of two rooms but without the single person feeling left out/like they've come away on their own! I.e are there any two bedroom suite options or is the only option requesting adjoining rooms?

Thanks in advance
Kirsten

Last edited:

kirstenoel

Original Poster
Hi. Thanks for the replies!

It's more from a privacy vs inclusive stand point. We'd like the privacy of two rooms but without the single person feeling left out/like they've come away on their own! I.e are there any two bedroom suite options or is the only option requesting adjoining rooms? I understand these requests can't always be fulfilled.

tpoly88

there are suites at Coronado springs you might want to look at, plus the villas at some of the hotels might be an option for you. Old Key west has villas you might like. the other option is the Bay Lake tower but it can get pricey but they are nice. id check those out and see if that is what you'd like as far as accommodations and price.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There is a "family" style room at Wilderness Lodge... at least I think it still exists. It's at the concierge level. A separate bedroom with a sleeper sofa in the living room and a kitchenette. The bathroom is accessible from both the bedroom and the living room area.

There are also family suites at All Star Music. They combined two rooms into the suite with a bedroom, living room with sleeper sofa, kitchenette and two bathrooms.

The cabins at Fort Wilderness have a full size bed in the bedroom... it would be a tight fit for two adults as the bed also looked short. If you can get one of the not yet updated cabins, the bed in the living room is a very comfortable Murphy bed, not a sleeper sofa.

Matt_Black

In 2012, my mom, sister and I, all adults, stayed at one of the family suites in the Art of Animation resort. Separate room for mom (my sister was adamant about this, as my mom can on occasion snore), and a bed for each of us, thanks to the pull out sofa bed and the pull down murphy bed at the dining area. Also, 2 bathrooms, so that's good.

ParentsOf4

If you want 2 physical rooms with a guarantee that they'll be connected, your best option will be to rent DVC points and stay in a one-bedroom villa at AKV Kidani Village. That way you'll have 2 bathrooms plus a living room & kitchen you can all hang out in before heading off to sleep.

At $14/point, this should cost less than a family suite at AOA and only slightly more than a family suite at ASM.

Your least expensive option would be 2 connecting room at the All Stars but, without children, it's my understanding that Disney won't guarantee that they'll be connected.

FrostyNaples

Hello everyone. I'm finally booking another WDW holiday after four years!

Previously we've stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and All Star Resorts (movies and music). This year we are looking to go as three adults and wondered what the best options would be. I.e. Would it be more economical to book some kind of suite than two separate rooms?

Very open to ideas for different resorts. We loved AKL but found the pool was quite shaded by a certain point in the day.

Has anyone travelled as a group of adults before and what did you do?

It's more from a privacy vs inclusive stand point. We'd like the privacy of two rooms but without the single person feeling left out/like they've come away on their own! I.e are there any two bedroom suite options or is the only option requesting adjoining rooms?

Thanks in advance
Kirsten

Take your pick of Deluxe resorts w/ 2 Bedroom Villas, they all have them. One room will have a king bed suite, the other will have 2 queens.

If your splitting costs, recommended DVC rentals, save a bunch, and have nice accommodations.

This way you can stay in the same villa, each have your privacy, and meet in the living room.

rwdavis2

Not sure what you are after but you can get rooms with bunk beds at places like The Wilderness Lodge. One queen and a bunk bed. same with the cabins at the camp ground.

Don't know how chummy you all are. LOL. Don't know your budget with?

In general, the bunk beds are too small for the average adult or taller/larger. I'm 6'1" and I tried the lower bunk and it was too short.

Weather_Lady

If you want togetherness and some added space and privacy (and if two people in your party don't mind sharing a bed), I'd consider a single, standard room in a moderate -- you'll have 2 queen beds, double sinks, and a door (or curtain) that can be closed over the vanity area for privacy. Failing that, you can certainly request connecting (don't just ask for "adjoining," but "connecting") rooms. My husband and I had a connecting room with my parents when we stayed at Coronado Springs years ago, and it was fabulous. There were two doors between our rooms (one from each side, so both rooms had to unlock and open their door to allow access), so when we got up and dressed in the morning, we'd just pop open our door to indicate that we were "open for business," and when my parents were up, they'd open up theirs, and we could freely visit back and forth. I'd wander into Mom and Dad's room so Mom and I could share our morning coffee, while my Dad popped into our room to chat with my husband about manly things. Connecting rooms definitely offered us unlimited privacy, and unlimited togetherness, at the same time.

Last edited:

kirstenoel

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all your replies, suggestions and advice. After doing some research (off the back of your suggestions) and price comparisons, we managed to find a well-priced package deal with British Airways and have opted for two standard rooms at AKL. We were originally looking with Virgin Atlantic and direct through disney holidays but after calling them we found they have used up their quota for AKL for that time period.

Thanks again,
Kirsten

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom