Best Honeymoon Dinner?

smphilliesphan

Original Poster
Hello all! I will be going to Disney the beginning of December for our honeymoon and wanted to know if anyone knows the best place to go for dinner that might give you the best perks being a great 'Celebration'? Also, has anyone been down this Year of Celebrations for their honeymoon? Anyone get anything really special happen? We are really looking forward for our Land/Sea vacation this December:xmas:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you can swing the cost and can get the reservation nothing can really beat the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's. Other than that you really can not go wrong with any of WDW signature restaurants for a high class romantic dinner. If you just want good food and fun show up to Whispering Canyon Cafe with your bride and groom ears on and the cast will take care of the rest.

When my husband and I honeymooned at Disney many years ago, our favorite restaurant was Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian. There are many wonderful choices, but it was just perfect for us: good food, great atmosphere, fun drinks, etc. We even watched the fireworks and electric water pageant from the window--it was magical! This was before the "Celebrate" campaign, but I remember getting perks all over the place on that trip--and it was even before the bride and groom ears were available!

wdwfan100

When my husband and I honeymooned at Disney many years ago, our favorite restaurant was Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian. There are many wonderful choices, but it was just perfect for us: good food, great atmosphere, fun drinks, etc. We even watched the fireworks and electric water pageant from the window--it was magical! This was before the "Celebrate" campaign, but I remember getting perks all over the place on that trip--and it was even before the bride and groom ears were available!

I agree. My wife and I Love Narcoossee's. It has the right blend of class and comfort as well as top notch food and service. Throw in the fireworks on the deck with an after dinner drink and you can not go wrong.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Narcoossee's or California Grille are wonderful. My wife and I eat there everytime we visit WDW...Cali Grille; sometimes twice!

DizneyPryncess

California Grille is my one regret of things we didn't do on our honeymoon. We are going this year for our anniversary. I don't think it could be more romantic - eating & watching the fireworks from the top of the Contemporary. :)

That's my choice! Our honeymoon was last year, and while it wasn't the "Celebrations" year, they did quite a bit to help us celebrate!

Just make sure you wear the "Just Married" buttons, and bride and groom mouse ears everywhere. Also, make sure your resort & everywhere you eat knows what you're celebrating. You should get lots of extra magic to make your experience even more wonderful!

KeithVH

All the places listed are nice but Narcoossee's will be the most romantic. The CA Grill might come somewhat close but I don't think so.

snookie5605

first off i have to say if your name means that youre a phillies fan then youre awesome! im from philly so i love them! but my husband and i were at disney for our honeymoon and then our 1 year anniversary just this past september. we had so many nice things done for us. we had confetti and a certificate signed by the characters at the crystal palace, we ate at narcoosees for our actual anniversary and they made us a customized menu with our names and anniversary date on it. chef mickeys brought us out a cupcake and a placemat signed by the characters. we had a cm at all star stop us and he gave us the phone which when we got on was a phone call from mickey and minnie singing happy anniversary to us. i also ordered a cake for my husband for narcoosees, he sent me a gift basket with spa stuff in it. i organized something for him through giftsofalifetime.com which are the pixies which was AWESOME, expensive but really nice. so as long as you have those anniversary buttons on, youll be sure to get some nice surprises.

smphilliesphan

Original Poster
THanks

All the places listed are nice but Narcoossee's will be the most romantic. The CA Grill might come somewhat close but I don't think so.

What type of restaurant is Narcoossee? and where is it located. I've been lucky enough to be at Disney 3 times in my life (wish I could be there more) but never heard of the restaurant, thanks everyone for all the info, greatly appreciated by me and my fiance, and yes we are huge die hard (world champs) Philly Phans!:sohappy:

snookie5605

narcoosee's is at the grand floridian. it sits on the water and if you book it for a late dinner, you can request a window seat and sit there to watch the wishes fireworks at magic kingdom. its incredibly romantic and truthfully you cant get a better view.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
narcoosee's is at the grand floridian. it sits on the water and if you book it for a late dinner, you can request a window seat and sit there to watch the wishes fireworks at magic kingdom. its incredibly romantic and truthfully you cant get a better view.
You should try the view from the observation deck at CG at the Contemporary. Quite honestly I would rather be there than in MK.

hansel1

Cinderella's royal table gave us fluted champagne glasses on our honeymoon in 2006. Odd, since they don't have champagne.

Our cat broke one and in 2007 they gave us a replacement at no charge since we were on our anniversary trip.

KeithVH

Here is a fair view of Narcoosse's. Many of the windows face directly toward MK (although much of the view is covered by the trees) but Wishes looks great.

narcoossee2.jpg

DisneyBanshee

Bistro de Paris in France

You cannot go wrong with Narcoossee's or the California Grill. They are two of my favorite. If you want classic romantic, get a table at the Bistro in France in Epcot. This is ABOVE the Chefs restaurant on the ground level. You actually have to enter from the back steps in the courtyard in France. This is a small place that is top of the line. Ask for a table by the windows in the front, facing the lagoon. Be there for the Illuminations show. Bistro has one of, if not the best, wine lists in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom