Best golf at Disney?

evanssc

We will be taking a trip down next Feb to stay at the villas at WL and will be bringing as our guest two of our best friends. The husband of our friend is a golfer and I was hoping to take him out while we were down.
What is the one course that we can not miss playing? As a Vacation Club member, is it worth it to get the golf membership to save on each round or is it better just to book a tee time for after 10:00 am and get the discounted rate?
Thanks

25and7

Account Suspended
evanssc said:
We will be taking a trip down next Feb to stay at the villas at WL and will be bringing as our guest two of our best friends. The husband is a golfer and I was hoping to take him out while we were down.
What is the one course that we can not miss playing? As a Vacation Club member, is it worth it to get the golf membership to save on each round or is it better just to book a tee time for after 10:00 am and get the discounted rate?
Thanks

Ok, I have played both LBV and the Magnolia and I must say that my favorite course was LBV. It's a beautiful layout and had just so many memorable holes, while the Magnolia on the other hand is sorta bland (although the 7th hole offers the mickey shaped sand trap). But I would recommend LBV.

Personally, I would recommend just going after 10:00 in your case. Since you will be there in Feb it won't be too hot. Also, make sure you make your tee time well in advance of the trip because November through March is a very busy time at the Disney courses.

Another recommendation: if you can, take your own clubs down to WDW! The clubs they have for rental are ok, but they charge you an arm and a leg to rent them and they really aren't anything too special.

That's all I can think of right now... if you have any more ?'s I will get back to you.

Upvote 0

ChefTigger

I have played all courses a couple of times and all 5 of them are really great, if your husband is a good golfer Osprey Ridge offers a real challenge, but LBV is my favorite. Magnolia and Palm are nice as long as you don't mind the background noise from Magic Kingdom.( the mickey shape sand trap is a great photo spot)

As for the discount I can't really help, just keep in mind that they have a great replay rate for a second 18th on the same day if your husband is as crazy as i am.

Upvote 0

evanssc

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. You both answered most of my questions. What is it about LBV that makes it your favorite? What is the discounted rate for a replay on the same day?

Oh, and by the way I am the husband.

Thanks

Upvote 0

evanssc

Original Poster
DisneyRoxMySox said:
Which is the course they play on the PGA Tour, I ALWAYS forget..

I believe it is split between the Palm and the Magnolia, with the final round being played on the Magnolia.

Upvote 0

25and7

Account Suspended
evanssc said:
Thanks for the information. You both answered most of my questions. What is it about LBV that makes it your favorite? What is the discounted rate for a replay on the same day?

Oh, and by the way I am the husband.

Thanks

LBV is one of those courses where you hit your driver maybe 10 or 11 times. It is a links style design and requires accuracy over distance. If I remember correctly I think there are 11 holes that have some form of water in them.

Also, the course has a beauful layout and many of the holes on the front nine cut through OKW Resort which provides for a very scenic backdrop. The back nine is a little more open, although now that the Saratoga Springs construction is nearly complete it may be a little less open now.

Upvote 0

ChefTigger

Oups sorry about the husband thing...

And about LBV there's also a nice island green par 3 kindda like the 17th at TPC Sawgrass only a couple yards shorter, and for me it's my favorite because the service seems to be better than the already exceptionnal service at the other courses I don't know if it's because the other 4 are in pairs and share clubhouses. Which means more players per square feet. Anyway hope you enjoy your rounds.
The replay rate is 50% off of your first round of the day when available.

Upvote 0

wilary

You really can't go wrong at any of the Disney courses. I've played Osprey Ridge, LBV, and Palm.

Osprey is very scenic. It feels very isolated as it winds through some natural areas. Lots of elevation changes, especially the greens. I understands that's a signature of the designer, whose name escapes me now.

LBV is longer. It's a course where you might use all of your clubs. It winds around the Old Key West resort, the river between POR and Downtown, as well as the old Treehouse Villas.

Palm is flat. Lots of water. Lots of sand. The first tee aims out at the Poly, so it was a neat point of view. I did notice the street noise from the MK parking loop, but once you got away from the road you could hardly tell. Plus, there's something about playing a course the pro's use on tour.

Like I said, you can't go wrong. The service is exemplary no matter where you go.

Keep in mind that the 10:00 price slice is only a summer thing. They jack up the rates during the winter time. So, the golf membership may not be such a bad deal afterall.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom