Best Gluten Free Breakfast?

cjgren

Original Poster
A few years ago, I traveled with a vegan, and you guys were so great with helping me find awesome places for us to eat! This year I'm traveling with my best friend who has celiac's. As such, she can't have gluten. I'm trying to find the best place for us to have a nice sit down breakfast before we head down to Port Canaveral for our cruise. Does anyone have suggestions on the best place to go? We'll be staying at Port Orlean's Riverside.

Littlekitten73

A few years ago, I traveled with a vegan, and you guys were so great with helping me find awesome places for us to eat! This year I'm traveling with my best friend who has celiac's. As such, she can't have gluten. I'm trying to find the best place for us to have a nice sit down breakfast before we head down to Port Canaveral for our cruise. Does anyone have suggestions on the best place to go? We'll be staying at Port Orlean's Riverside.

Hi cjgren, We have been going for many years and I too have a gluten and wheat allergy. The best place so far that I have found for breakfast within the Disney property is Kona Café. Just mention that you have a allergy when you phone for your reservation and when you book into the restaurant the chefs will come to your table to discuss your requirements. Not only do they make you feel very special, the food is sublime. I have the Big Kahuna which they make all gluten and wheat free and the Mickey Waffles they make you are better than the proper ones IMHO. Also all Disney restaurants offer this service.

On a side note. I wondered if you or your friend have heard of Gluten Cutter. Found this at CVS last time we were in the states and It has been an absolute godsend. As long as I take two tablets just before eating it stops me from having the horrid side effects, that would otherwise occur!!! Might not work but its certainly worth trying. Especially if there's something you desperately wanted to try.

Hope you have a great trip.

gostone23

I'll second the Kona Cafe Breakfast. The GF mickey Waffles were delicious. I can also recommend the Princess breakfast at Akershus in Epcot. The Chef was very accommodating. It was actually one of my favorite meals in our last stay.

-Robert

cjgren

Original Poster
Sounds great! I've never been to Kona, but looking at the menu, I think this will definitely be our big breakfast before we cruise!

How accommodating are quick service locations for lunch? Are their certain locations that are better for gluten allergies than others?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom