Best events/experiences/tours?

Katie Sansom

Original Poster
Hiya!
Me & my family are going to Disney in November, and we're looking to treat my grandma to some kind of event/experience. We've been to the Christmas party & the Halloween 1 before & we've also taken her to afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian before now - We'd like to do something new this time!
So these are what we've found so far:
The Ferrytale Wishes Cruise
The Wishes Dessert party
IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert party
Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party (although this may be too star wars-eske)
Good morning breakfast with goofy & Pals at the four seasons orlando (however, we've got no clue how to get there, aside from a taxi)
What would you Disney Pros recommend? If there's something I've not said also, let me know - I'm open to any suggestions! :)
Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would pick the Illuminations Desert party for their Blue Velvet Cupcake alone! You can't get that anywheres else except at the desert party at Epcot. All deserts and drinks (including alcohol) were wonderful! We would do it again in a heartbeat. :)

Katie Sansom

Original Poster
I would pick the Illuminations Desert party for their Blue Velvet Cupcake alone! You can't get that anywheres else except at the desert party at Epcot. All deserts and drinks (including alcohol) were wonderful! We would do it again in a heartbeat. :)
Ok! Will do some more homework on that 1... So not sure yet! Haha. So many options

surfsupdon

The best event I have ever done was the morning surfing at Typhoon Lagoon. Incredibly well done.

However, in your situation, I think an Illuminations Dessert Party would be fun and memorable. And enjoy a slow walk out of the park afterwards enjoying the emptier ambiance.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Other than more menu choices than the typical dessert party, the Star Wars dessert party was okay. All the tables when we attended were high tops, not ones you can sit down at and the viewing area of the party was that part of Hollywood where trees obstruct some of the views. Not sure if your grandmother would want to stand for that long.

Also did the Wishes dessert party. While the covered location is nice - Tomorrowland Terrace - I didn't think it was the best for viewing the fireworks. The desserts were good. However, when we attended, many parents let their kids run rampant, which spoiled the experience for other guests. And if you don't get a good spot at the railing, it will be hard to see the fireworks.

We did a special Illuminations dessert party at the UK Lockside. The food was amazing and the view of the show was excellent. And there were tables to sit down at. If that is the standard for the regular Illuminations dessert party, then I'd recommend that.

trainman_dave

We have been to the wishes party as well as the illuminations party. I prefer the illuminations party. The desserts are better, and the drinks are good if that's your thing. If I find room in the budget I will do it again on my next trip. Be aware that the party we attended was moved inside due to inclement weather. It's normally held outside with high top tables and no seats. The wishes party was not particularly enjoyable for us. Kids running wild with no adult supervision, the desserts weren't great, and everyone has to stand on the railing to watch the fireworks, making it feel nearly as crowded as it did on Main Street without the incredible view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom