Best DVC Studio In WDW

AshleyB53

Original Poster
Thinking of changing our reservation from a one bedroom to a studio to save on points. Which is the largest? Do any of them have certain perks? What kind of kitchen appliances come in a studio?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Largest is probably going to be at Kidani Village(not Jambo Housr those are tiny) at AKL and the new GFV studios. You have a smaller fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a toaster with a small sink. Also you can get a Savannah view room if you stay at Kidani which is awesome! We love it there but normally stay in 1 or 2 bedroom rooms. GFV are gorgeous and will be brand new and they are the largest studios by about 10sq ft over Kidani, and those are in the monorail line so that's always a plus. Both of those properties are more points for studios though and the studios book up really quick.
Now I don't know where you were going to stay in a 1 bedroom but if you have a 1 bedroom at Kidani or BLT you would have 2 bathrooms not just one like in the studios or all the other 1 bedrooms on property. Something to think about. Me and DH always like to have 2 bathrooms eventhough its just us. I know with children 2 bathrooms are definately beneficial though. Also you have a full kitchen and a washer/dryer in the 1 bedrooms. :) :)

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Actually, OKW has the largest rooms by quite a bit. Here is the breakdown:

AKL - Jambo House - 316 - 365 sq ft
AKL - Kidani Village - 366 sq ft
BLT - 339 sq ft
BCV - 365 sq ft
BWV - 359 sq ft
OKW - 390 sq ft
SSR - 355 sq ft
VWL - 356 sq ft

If you are doing any cooking at the resort, stick with the 1 bdr. The studios only have a microwave and small fridge.

sxeensweet

Actually, OKW has the largest rooms by quite a bit. Here is the breakdown:

AKL - Jambo House - 316 - 365 sq ft
AKL - Kidani Village - 366 sq ft
BLT - 339 sq ft
BCV - 365 sq ft
BWV - 359 sq ft
OKW - 390 sq ft
SSR - 355 sq ft
VWL - 356 sq ft

If you are doing any cooking at the resort, stick with the 1 bdr. The studios only have a microwave and small fridge.
Yes I always forget about OKW sorry! Lol I guess we don't care for it and it always seemed dated like several others like BWV. I loved staying on the Inn side of the Boardwalk but I can't wait until they remodel the rooms as I really would love staying there one day on the Villa side. Hoping they make a decision to update all the older DVC resorts in the somewhat near future. I can dream can't I !!!! Lol. For now our faves are our new (as of May) home resort AKV (prefer Kidani), and also we enjoyed SSR, GFV (will be staying a split stay there in Dec can't wait!), and lastly BLT. :)

Last edited:

Spikerdink

You cant beat the studios at OKW - yes, the travel can sometimes be a bit tedious, but the rooms are fantastic. I would not hesitate to go back there again if it were available....

Bparso87

Love the studio at Jambo house. It might be smaller but it is still nice and everything is still there. If u stay at kidani u have to catch a bus to fill your mug because they don't have anywhere to fill it up at.

sxeensweet

Love the studio at Jambo house. It might be smaller but it is still nice and everything is still there. If u stay at kidani u have to catch a bus to fill your mug because they don't have anywhere to fill it up at.
Actually you can fill them In the gift shop downstairs at Kidani as there is a drink station there, and also there is a drink station at the pool. You do not have to go to Jambo House. I hope you or someone else did not go all the way to Jambo to fill yours if you or others you know stayed there!! At least you know now for the future. :)

Last edited:

epcotisbest

For us, the size of the studio matters little compared to where it is. I would take VWL any time just because it is at the WL and Hidden Springs pool is so wonderful. Really though, I don't see how you could go wrong with any of them. We also like the Boardwalk area so BWV or BCV are good choices as well. And @Spikerdink is right about OKW...biggest studio units and laid out nicely. Would not hesitate to go to OKW. We have been getting one and two bedrooms, but did a studio at BWV a few years ago and loved it. Wow, that was no help at all was it?

epcotisbest

I hope you did not hop a bus to Jambo to get mugs filled.

Last edited:

bethymouse

We really liked our Saratoga Springs studio. Quite comfy and roomy enough for 2 adults and 2 children. There was a small sink, refrigerator, microwave, and some utensils. There was a coffee maker and a toaster too I believe.

willtravel

What the heck. Why would they do that? So they didn't build a quick service at Kidani.

Disneykidder

What the heck. Why would they do that? So they didn't build a quick service at Kidani.
It was annoying to have to go to Jambo to The Mara. We enjoyed The Mara very much but the first time when we took the shuttle from Kidani to Jambo, we waited a really long time so after that we used the car we had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom