Best Driving Directions from NE

tjcjr

Original Poster
We have driven to WDW in the past but never seem to get there as quickly or as easily as other folks we've spoken to. :veryconfu
Maybe it's just been bad luck or bad timing. :(
We've used AAA and MapQuest but would now prefer to hear of some real life experiences.
Does anybody have any surefire directions, shortcuts, tips, areas to avoid, etc. for driving to WDW from Massachusetts ? :confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps - we are heading out this Friday AM
:sohappy:

pooh&eyore

I-95 all the way (of course this means in DC - go west on the Beltway - it is a bit longer than heading East, but less traffic). The only time you should get off of I-95 is to take I-4 West to WDW.

Some people suggest other rodes that run parrallel to I-95. but I-95 is the fastest. Especially if you start your drive from the Northeast through Virginia either at about 7 p.m. or during the early hours of the morning to plan on being through VA by about 8 a.m.

Good luck.

bamboo7

Originally posted by pooh&eyore
I-95 all the way (of course this means in DC - go west on the Beltway - it is a bit longer than heading East, but less traffic). The only time you should get off of I-95 is to take I-4 West to WDW.

Some people suggest other rodes that run parrallel to I-95. but I-95 is the fastest. Especially if you start your drive from the Northeast through Virginia either at about 7 p.m. or during the early hours of the morning to plan on being through VA by about 8 a.m.

Good luck.

Yea, i have driven to WDW from NJ many many times, and we have always taken I95 all the way down.

AliciaLuvzDizne

We also drive all the way down I95, but we do take the detour around DC. (we tend to leave CT around 4am, so we're around DC by like 9 or 10?) Then i guess the secret is driving kinda fast :D have a good trip!

bamboo7

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
We also drive all the way down I95, but we do take the detour around DC. (we tend to leave CT around 4am, so we're around DC by like 9 or 10?) Then i guess the secret is driving kinda fast :D have a good trip!

what detour route do you take around DC? I95 merges with the beltway (495) untill it gets south of washington and 495 starts to head north again. do you know a better way to avoid DC traffic?

tjcjr

Original Poster
Thanks

thanks to everybody who has written in so far. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so !!!:wave:

Lance

Driven down many times......

I'm from the North Shore, so we take 495 to 290 then 84 to NYC.
Then it's pretty much 95 all the way till you get to daytona!

AliciaLuvzDizne

yep pretty sure its 295 we use to detour washington

its a long long long long drive from ct to fl, and i dont like doing it anymore lol :brick: couldnt even imagine adding another 2 hours to it (thats about how far away i am from mass) be sure to have some great car games!

Herbie53

Premium Member
yep pretty sure its 295 we use to detour washington

I'm really bad with route numbers, so I'm probably wrong, but isn't 295 the bypass for Jacksonville? That number just sounds really familiar, and I've never been near Washington.

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Hey,
I live in north alabama...9-12 hours away from wdw and AAA is the best...my friends and other families have used AAA and would recommend it to anyone:)

A disney nut,

Anna Elizabeth

Herbie53

Premium Member
a number like 295 just indicates that it bypasses a city.
there are many 295's up and down the entire stretch of the highway

Really? wow! I never knew that. That's pretty cool. :)

AliciaLuvzDizne

as well as 395's and 495's
i learned so much about route numbers one day when i was driving around with my bf...
i didnt know that odd numbers always run N&S and even numbers always run E&W
kinda interesting (well not really interesting but sigh i guess im amused by the little things LOL)

Herbie53

Premium Member
as well as 395's and 495's
i learned so much about route numbers one day when i was driving around with my bf...
i didnt know that odd numbers always run N&S and even numbers always run E&W
kinda interesting (well not really interesting but sigh i guess im amused by the little things LOL)

I never knew any of that either! :lol: All the major thruways in my area are most commonly known by their traditional names. A lot of times the traffic reports don't even use numbers. That would suck if you were from out of town, cause you won't find any of the names on a single sign! Take the inbound Kennsington, or the outbound Youngman. I guess that doesn't teach you much about route numbers. I'm not even sure I could tell you what the numbers around here are. Leave it to Buffalo! :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

yeah i would have no clue about that... good thing my sisters husband is from there so i wont get lost...
LOL well enjoy your new highway knowledge hehe:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom