Best Dlx resort for teens???

Boudinot

I am taking my 9, 12, & 15 year old kids -2 girls one boy, the first week in October for one week. First timers. (Husband has no interest, can you believe that?), but says go and have a great time. Where do we stay?
Poly?, B&YC?, or Boardwalk? If the parks close at 7:00 will the resort pool also be closed by the time we get back to our room? Kids want a great pool, atmosphere, and fun stuff at night. Thanks for your experience and advice, Kim

Daannzzz

The Yacht and Beach Club have the most fun pool complex by far. The rooms are decent size and nicely decorated. You can walk to or take boats to Epcot and The Studios and the the Boardwalk is a bit active at night. The downside of this resort is that there is no food court or large fast food outlet.
The Polyenesian has a fun pool as well though not nearly the size of Stormalong bay at the Y & B Club.

Upvote 0

colorguard02

I am 14 and I love the Polynesian Resort!!!!!!! It is my favorite Disney Resort.The pool is awesome!!!!!! You may want to cheeck out the All-Star resorts !!!! I think your kids would love them!!! they are really cool and also have great pools!!!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

goofyfan13

Well I really don't know what Deluxe resort wouldn't be good for a teen. They are all pretty cool. But being a teen I would have to go with AKL, I know it wasn't on your list but I love the resort! The theming to it is amazing and every aspect of it is nice. I've never been to yacht and beach club but I have heard good things though. Poly is awesome, 2nd on my list to AKL. I hope you have a good time either way!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Defiantley the Y&BC....since your kids are older....and the parks close early...you will utilize the Boardwalk and pool complex well....plus I believe your husband will enjoy the ESPN club greatly....especially if he has the least interest in Disney....your also close to mini golf and MGM and EPCOT...

I would also suggest the POLY....the resort is themed wonderful...and its more open than the Y&BC....more enjoying for the parents....plus there is a character breakfast inside the resort...and we found the location to be perfect...on the monorail....but close to the TTC....the pools is also a favorite....

Its all what the group prefers....If you guys are mainly planning on spending everynight at the boardwalk....than stay at Y&BC....but I will admit..I have found few things the kids can do there at night...outside of spending our money....
I'm sure they're going to want to hit DISNEY QUEST and DTD
The best "nightlife" for the kids can be found at the hoop-di-do review and other nightly shows, as well as DTD....but don't overlook the boardwalk for a "parents-night-out" while the kids hit up a game of minigolf....

And no...the pools DO NOT close at park closing

Upvote 0

Bryy2001

Go with the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Great pool, fun resort, close to Boardwalk which is a BLAST at night, also not too far from DTD and Epcot and the Studios. I wouldn't stay at the Boardwalk resort if I were you, it is a little stuffy for kids and it is one of the most expensive resorts on property (close to GF) and I think Yacht and Beach Club Resorts are the superior resorts.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Originally posted by Bryy2001
one of the most expensive resorts on property (close to GF) and I think Yacht and Beach Club Resorts are the superior resorts.

It may seem that way...but the boardwalk costs the exact same as the Y&BC....

BW:
Standard View, King/2 Queens $ 289
Water View, King/2 Queens $ 360
Concierge $ 425

Y&BC:
Standard View, King/2 Queens $ 289
Water View, King/2 Queens $ 345
Standard Deluxe $ 455
Concierge - Garden View $ 425

I just wanted to let people know so they didn't overlook the BW for price....but I agree with Bryy....its very stuffy for kids.....though some say the same for the Yacht Club...

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

Hi Kim! I think I would have to vote for Yacht & Beach Clubs too... On the travel channel on t.v. I think it was... it was voted in the top 10 in the world for resorts... the pools are great. It's close to the Boardwalk, so the kids can walk there, and hang out at night. You'll enjoy it too!! ...and yes, I can believe your husband has no interest in Disney... I'm in the same exact boat... my hubby doesn't come with us anymore... the last 3 years I've gone without him... but I still have a blast! :)

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Another vote for Yacht and Beach Clubs. If I were going alone or just with my husband, the Polynesian has unbeatable atmosphere, but the kids are going to want lots to do at night, and the proximity to the Boardwalk is great.

Isn't EPCOT open until 9 p.m. every night, including the week you'll be there?

Upvote 0

monorail256

Deluxe Resort: Beach Club
Moderate: Coranado Springs
Value: All Star Movies

Feel like camping out? Im 15 (16 in 12 days) and my favorite out of all the Disney resorts is Disneys Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgroud. We are going down May 9th and we are only paying like 22 a night with some special summer deal. :)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I think that the Polynesian would be a good choice. There is a lot to do there, and it is really easy to get around propoerty. If you aren't in to that maybe AKL would be a good second choice. But I definately recommend the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

1080skier

resort

I'm 18 and I've been to wdw 16 times....I'd have to say the poly because it's an incredible hotel and I've swam in the pool very late without ever a hassle....and you can still hang out at the boardwalk or downtown anyways.

Upvote 0

CmdrTostada

Im 15 and I havent stayed at the Boardwalk yet but I have walked around and it seems very cool, they have a huge arcade, a cool pool and all the activities you can do. I have stayed at the OKW resort and I loved it. I like nice relaxing environments and its cool that you can park the car practically right in front of your room so you dont have to lug all you luggage around.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

My favourite is the Contemporary, and it has been for years now. But I'm weird, so my opinion is probably different than that of every other teenager's. :) Yacht & Beach seems like it would probably be the best deluxe resort for your kids. I've never stayed there, but the pool is apparently great.

Upvote 0

uncle al

Well, as if you need ONE MORE VOTE - I'll add mine for Yacht & Beach. This is our family's favorite resort - hands down. We have been staying there since my children were 4 & 5 (they are now 14 & 15). As teenagers they like it there even more than they did as toddlers. One of the previous posts mentioned they felt like Yacht & Beach seemed a little more stuffy than the Boardwalk - I tend to think it is just the opposite, although the Yacht Club seems a little more "adult" than does the Beach (don't get me wrong - our second favorite is the Boardwalk). The pool at Y&B is far and away the best pool on property. It is almost like a "mini-water park". We all love it. In my opinion, it is hard to beat a cool drink (usually of the adult variety) from Hurricane Hannah's (the pool bar) in the afternoon. The kids love Beaches & Cream as well as the arcade. Your teenagers will enjoy the Boardwalk at night. The ESPN Club is alot of fun and our kids love the arcade there as well. All of the activities on the Boardwalk are a great distraction and we give our two the opportunity to go away on their own - which they love. Being able to walk to Epcot & MGM is fantastic. And if you want a special treat - take a ride in "Breathless". Breathless is a mahogany motor boat that operates on the lagoons and canals around the Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin and MGM. It is better than an "E-Ticket". Your teenagers will never forget it - my only problem - it has become a tradition that must be fufilled every visit. Enough already - I guess I made my point. Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Katherine

I'm a teen and my dream is to stay at the Polynesian! It just seems like such an awesome resort and it's so close to MK! My next pick would probably Yacht and Beach. It looks like an awesome resort!

Upvote 0

Boudinot

Original Poster
Split stay between two hotel?

Thanks to everyone who gave me their personal favorites!! I let my kids read all of your comments plus other reviews. 15 year old daughter voted for Beach Club, 12 year old son voted for Contemporary, and 9 year old daughter voted for Polynesian!! I'm considering splitting the trip between two hotels. Contemporary for 3 nights, and Beach Club for 4 nights.
Anyone ever split a stay? Is it too hard to move, ie luggage. check in/out? ( Probably going to Hawaii next year so will pass on Poly, but it sounds wonderful.)

Many thanks again to all you Disney experts- Kim

Upvote 0

rokcandy

Re: Split stay between two hotel?

Originally posted by Boudinot
Thanks to everyone who gave me their personal favorites!! I let my kids read all of your comments plus other reviews. 15 year old daughter voted for Beach Club, 12 year old son voted for Contemporary, and 9 year old daughter voted for Polynesian!! I'm considering splitting the trip between two hotels. Contemporary for 3 nights, and Beach Club for 4 nights.
Anyone ever split a stay? Is it too hard to move, ie luggage. check in/out? ( Probably going to Hawaii next year so will pass on Poly, but it sounds wonderful.)

Many thanks again to all you Disney experts- Kim

Great choices...love the room interiors of those resorts, as well as their close proximity to particular parks. :)

I split-stayed @ All-Star and Caribbean Beach once w/ my family, and if yours is anything like mine and tends to pack EVERYTHING LoL, then give yourself some extra time, maybe even an extended check out between the move (12pm).

Although check in is 3pm, you can probably get in even earlier if there's a vacancy - w/out charge - at least we were able to. Hope that helps, and that you have a wonderful trip w/ your kids! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom