Best Disney "Smell"

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Usually, in Disney Parks, we remember attractions by what they smell like. OK, if you don't know what I am talking about, then click Back... but I am not wierd! There's a nice and unique smell to each land. What is your favorite?

I believe mine is LORANGES!!!

Runners up for me will be the cookie smell in Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. (They actually mixed the scent in with the sidewalk in front of the shop!) Frontierland RR Station, The old JII Scent, and the IASW watery boat smell.

I'm with you! Maybe we can get together and do a "scent" tour of WDW! ;) I feel good just thinking about those aromas!

diznee4lyfe

No you're not weird. But I have a memorable scent. The scent of the one scene in Horizons. It smelt like oranges and cherries. That smell cannot be beat. Admit it.

:king:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by diznee4lyfe
No you're not weird. But I have a memorable scent. The scent of the one scene in Horizons. It smelt like oranges and cherries. That smell cannot be beat. Admit it.

It always made my mouth water, and sent me in search of fresh OJ...which may have been the objective! ;)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by diznee4lyfe

That was the one I picked, the Loranges.

If only we had "smell jars..."

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisJosh
I enjoy that lovely scent that sticks to your hands after you ride splash mountain! :lol:

I believe that's the smell around the Frontierland RR Station.

BEWARE! Sometimes you can smell something REALLY Bad in Splash Mountain. Behind it, there is a HUGE trash heap (called Trash Mountain by CMs :lol: ) and sometimes you can smell it when in the outside parts of Splash Mountain in the beginning.

ToTBellHop

ANY disney bakery...my GOD...drooling...disney purposely makes their parks demand so much walking...so we can burn off the insane amount of calories that their insanely-good food must have:king:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
There's definitely a particular smell or scent all throughout Spaceship Earth, there's one on the TTA too, and I noticed one throughout the Haunted Mansion. I can't pick a best smell though, because they're all distinctive. I know the worst smell is probably on the monorail....Pewwwww.....they stink of B.O.

orlpassholder

hands down Spaceship Earth when Rome is burning. FYI I was told its just Liquid Smoke blown into that one scene from what I gather there is a vent that send and sucks the air back up so the smell is "caged" in that one area not throughout the whole ride.

Melissa

mmmm, reading all of these post makes me want to go back. I think that my favourite smell is the oranges in Horizons. The worst smell in all of WDW; however, has to be 20,000 leagues, I remember being a kid, sitting in it, and trying to hold my breath. I know that they were trying to go for that whole being in a sub theme, but they should have more vents. It was just awful: o

madhatter

:cry: The smell of rotting meat coming from the trash tubes in the service tunnels underneath the MK is my favorite smell b/c not everyone at Disney gets to experiance this. Sometimes, if I was really lucky, the trash tubes might like leak on me, and then I got to carry the lovely stench with me the whole day:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom