Best dinner buffets, Best variety

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I agree with you about Boma. I enjoy different approaches to food, ethnic foods, and 'new' foods. I found nothing exciting about Boma.

I don't agree with you about the Cape May Cafe. That place ranks as the worse meal I have ever had at WDW - in almost all categories as well.

I

-dave

Agree with both points, only down side to Boma is the families who let their brats behave as if it were a playground. There are no redeeming features for Cape May.

zurgandfriend

Agree with both points, only down side to Boma is the families who let their brats behave as if it were a playground. There are no redeeming features for Cape May.

Totally agree with Boma and with the brats comment as well.

It's true with any restaurant at WDW, with the possible exception of Victoria & Albert’s.

We had a great dinner at Artist Point ruined by a family with six children running around behaving like hooligans while their parents sat, ate and ignored their children.
My dear wife warned me to not start a fight as she “didn’t want us to get thrown out of Disney.” As we left however I commented in a loud voice “6 kids I wonder if they know what causes that?” My wife slapped me in the head but it was worth it to see the look on the hooligans’ parents’ faces.

SFMarine

I will be hitting Boma for the first time next month. I am really looking forward to it. My other buffets lined up are Hollywood and vine and the crystal palace for Bfast.

FLDIS86

I will be going to Cape May cafe clambake for the first time in the next 3 weeks! I hope it's good. I love seafood...how do you get there from the parks?

Phonedave

I will be going to Cape May cafe clambake for the first time in the next 3 weeks! I hope it's good. I love seafood...how do you get there from the parks?

Cape May was easily the worst meal I have had at WDW. Hopefully it is better for you.

From EPCOT, exit by way of the International Gateway. Walk to the Beach Club, go in the lobby, look to your left.

From any other park, take the bus to the Beach Club, was into the lobby. Now it will be on your right, since you entered from the other side. :)

-dave

RyanJW

I don't know about for dinner but I did trail's end for breakfast and was really disappointed. Small selection, small buffet, long lines, out of the way (we knew that going into it tho, so I won't hold that against them)..

The only redeeming factor for this restaurant was the service. I thought our waitress was speedy, friendly and attentive- definitely the highlight of our breakfast, certainly not the food.

I don't generally like buffets, but I think WDW does a pretty good job of them and I owuld venture to say that all of them are better than your average off site buffet. If I had to pick the best, I'd go with Boma. Lots of variety even for picky eaters and many healthy options.

flavious27

So many good buffets at WDW...Crystal Palace, Hoolywood and Vine, Chef Mickey. Mary Poppins etc....what in your opinion offers the best in quality and choice ( not taking into account characters)

:lookaroun

I think it matters your price point and what you want. The cheapest is Trails End, with Chef Mickey it is $15 with a wider section. If you want seafood, there is cape may. If you want "ethnic" that will not be too foreign for the kiddies, biergarten.

flavious27

I will be hitting Boma for the first time next month. I am really looking forward to it. My other buffets lined up are Hollywood and vine and the crystal palace for Bfast.

I have generally liked boma; their menu changed a little bit between trips and one meal had some stuff I did not want to experiment with. Boma is definitely an adult meal.

flavious27

Totally agree with Boma and with the brats comment as well.

It's true with any restaurant at WDW, with the possible exception of Victoria & Albert’s.

We had a great dinner at Artist Point ruined by a family with six children running around behaving like hooligans while their parents sat, ate and ignored their children.
My dear wife warned me to not start a fight as she “didn’t want us to get thrown out of Disney.” As we left however I commented in a loud voice “6 kids I wonder if they know what causes that?” My wife slapped me in the head but it was worth it to see the look on the hooligans’ parents’ faces.

clapping.gif

I give some latitude in the parks, with kids acting like kids in an amusement park, but I would not put it past mom to call us out in a restaurant if we were misbehaving.

flavious27

I agree with you about Boma. I enjoy different approaches to food, ethnic foods, and 'new' foods. I found nothing exciting about Boma.

I don't agree with you about the Cape May Cafe. That place ranks as the worse meal I have ever had at WDW - in almost all categories as well.

In my opinion, a buffet is never going to be more than 'good'. It's a buffet. It is held on a steam table, is pawed over, is not presented with items that are thought to compliment it, is not plated and presented, and is missing a major part of the restaruant experience - service.

I like a buffet at times, but I never expect them to blow me away.

-dave

Agreed, no matter how fast a place turns over the food, it is still food mass produced. Now if disney had a place like Fogo de Chão and run that way, it would be a top favorite despite costing atleast $50 per person.

I'm so glad to hear the great reviews of Boma. We are trying it for the first time this June. Can't wait!!!!:slurp: What's everyone's favorite item there?

All of the hummus (3 different types) and the panna cotta. Also the butternut squash soup, mango vinaigrette, and any of the beef dishes. Delicious.

I also highly recommend Biergarten. I was hesitant on my first trip because I thought it would be lots of sauerkraut and that the smell would bother me. (I don't particularly like the smell of kraut.) However, it is now one of my must-do restaurants. I love the schnitzel and the pretzel rolls.

flavious27

There's a kid section that has the usual kid stuff, plus kids will love the desserts.

true, but it isn't really worth spending $20 for a kid to only eat chicken tenders, pasta and meatballs, and gouge on deserts. Though I know that is part of problem with bringing kids to disney, their tastes are going to be different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom