Best Dining at the Magic Kingdom?

;) Whenever my best friends and I go to MK, we always eat at Liberty Tree and Cinderella's Castle. I want to know where else there is to eat - Tony's used to be a favorite, but then they went to a character breakfast, and we don't have any little ones with us, so we'd rather avoid that.

Does Tony's serve lunch and dinner? How about the Crystal Palace? I much prefer the sit-down places where you get waited on - we're not crazy about buffets or counter style. Whatever opinions you've got, throw 'm out there - thanks!:D

NadieMasK2

We really like Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square for lunch. It is a counter service restaurant, but it is very nice inside and lots of seating. There is upstairs seating which is almost always empty. A great place to eat in peace away from the crowds. :wave:

Upvote 0

islandbeachnut

amykissangel said:
;) Tony's used to be a favorite, but then they went to a character breakfast, and we don't have any little ones with us, so we'd rather avoid that. Does Tony's serve lunch and dinner? How about the Crystal Palace? :D

I'm not aware of Tony's having a Character breakfast, but we love eating there - we've only had lunch & dinner there and it was awesome!

The Crystal Palace has Character Breakfast, Character Lunch and Character Dinner!! So if you want to avoid the Character dining, avoid The Crystal Palace.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Umm - best place to eat is if you leave the park!

Sarcastic comment aside, if you really want a nice place to eat some good grub then head to one of the resorts on the monorail loop. It won't take too much out of the day and you will get a much better meal :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

barnum42 said:
Umm - best place to eat is if you leave the park!

Sarcastic comment aside, if you really want a nice place to eat some good grub then head to one of the resorts on the monorail loop. It won't take too much out of the day and you will get a much better meal :wave:
I agree with Barnum on this one. Id say hop the Monorail, get over to O'Hanas for dinner and enjoy one of the nicest all you can eat sit down ( Not a buffet) type meals on property!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

wannabeBelle said:
I agree with Barnum on this one. Id say hop the Monorail, get over to O'Hanas for dinner and enjoy one of the nicest all you can eat sit down ( Not a buffet) type meals on property!!! Belle

Bingo!

We love O'hanas and do exactly what Belle suggested all the time.

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

NadieMasK2 said:
We really like Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square for lunch. It is a counter service restaurant, but it is very nice inside and lots of seating. There is upstairs seating which is almost always empty. A great place to eat in peace away from the crowds. :wave:

I've probably eaten at the Columbia Harbour House more than any other restaurant in Disney. Growing up, the upstairs seating was almost never open and it was such a treat when it was. It's just great to sit above the streets and see everything from a different perspective. They used to have Monte Cristo sandwiches and Clam Chowder.

Nowadays I prefer Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Of the four parks, I would say MK is one of the best for counter service but worst for sit-down.

Upvote 0

crazycalf

on the monorail loop, I like concorse steakhouse.
If you want to spend more money then Narcoose's is the best resturant there, that you don't have to get dressed up for (V and A's)

Upvote 0

SpectroMan

I would suggest leaving the park too. Narcoossee's is great; that is what I would suggest. The Grand Floridian Cafe is also better than the food in the park.

Upvote 0

Cosmo

count me in as somebody who agrees with "leave the park". I personally like to stroll over to the contemporary and check out concourse steakhouse. If i'm dressed a little nicer, CA Grille is also a possibility. A nice boatride away is Artist's Point or Whispering Canyon at WL.

MK is nice for munching, but there's too many REALLY good alternatives too close by to make MK a stop for a major meal (Cinderella's breakfast aside).

Upvote 0

luvorlando

Tony's breakfast service was converted to a character breakfast while the Crystal Palace was being refurbished. Once the CP reopened, Tony's stopped serving breakfast altogether. :( Quite a shame, if you ask me, because we really liked their breakfast offerings.

I haven't had lunch or dinner at Tony's since they redid the menu, but it was delicious in the past.

For outside the park dinner, I would choose 'Ohana at the Poly, or the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL.

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
:wave: Thanks for all the great ideas- now I need you all to come back and tell me WHERE all these restaurants are off the monorail - Contemporary, Poly, or GF? And what kind of prices are we talking? And do we have to dress up? Thanks so much!:animwink:

Upvote 0

barnum42

amykissangel said:
:wave: Thanks for all the great ideas- now I need you all to come back and tell me WHERE all these restaurants are off the monorail - Contemporary, Poly, or GF? And what kind of prices are we talking? And do we have to dress up? Thanks so much!:animwink:
All the menus at Disney World can be found here:

http://allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

You don't have to dress up for most restaurants. I think there may be an expensive one at Grand Floridian that it's expected, but I honestly don't know for sure.

Upvote 0

Cosmo

In addition to having to dress up for some restaurants at the Grand Floridian, Ca. Grille at the Contemporary requires "smart casual", which i think pretty much is no shorts, flip flops or t-shirts/tank tops. Concourse Steakhouse (also at the Contemporary) is more casual. Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge is casual and Artist's Point (at the WL) is similar to the Ca. Grille.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

The only two resturants on the monorail loop that you would have to dress up for are California Grill (Contemporary) and Victoria and Alberts (Grand Floridian). The rest are fairly casual resturants, and practically expect to have worn out theme park goers coming in.

I would recommend taking the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and eating at the Trail's End Buffet, either lunch or dinner. It's one of the cheapest buffets on Disney property.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Contemporary Hotel: California Grill; Concourse Steakhouse; Chef Mickey's (this is a buffet w/characters).

Polynesian Hotel: O'hana's; There is also a lua dinner there too, not sure if it has characters or not.

Grand Floridian Hotel: Narcoossee's; Grand Floridian Cafe; Victoria & Albert's ($95pp, dress code); Citricos

Upvote 0

Cosmo

SewIn2Disney said:
I would recommend taking the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and eating at the Trail's End Buffet, either lunch or dinner. It's one of the cheapest buffets on Disney property.

Actually, if I remember correctly, Trail's End is at Fort Wilderness, not the Wilderness Lodge. You might want to check that out before getting on the boat! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom