Best Deluxe Concierge

pcarathers

My sister and I are planning a trip for her son and our father and want to surprise them by doing a Deluxe Concierge. Her son will be 15 and our father is 67 and uses a wheelchair. We can't decide between The Contemporary Resort/Polynesian/Grand Floridian.

k.hunter30

I've only experienced the concierge level at the Poly - but, man did we love it! All the special attention we got truly made the resort seem smaller. The free snacks and drinks in the viewing area was very nice.

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

I've stayed at all three of the resorts you ask about. Only two of the three were concierge, GF and Poly. The GF was 17 years ago and the Poly was just this past summer. The GF I paid for, the Poly I was upgraded from a MK view standard room at no extra charge. The GF (concierge), at that time, I felt was terrific. The extras I received were very plush and had great value, in my opinion and the staff was great as well. I don't know if it is the same today, as it was many years ago. The Poly, however, I did not care for. Perhaps my incident was isolated, but the room quality I felt was poor as compared to the standard room we had occupied at the Yacht Club the week before. Room looked a little run down, several light bulbs out, fridge not working, and a little dirty and stuffy overall. The staff was inattentive (with one or two exceptions) for the most part and when trying to resolve the problems we had we met with resistiance instead of an attitude of co-operation. I was disappointed overall, I had expected my stay at the Poly to be "over the top" so to speak as I booked it for the last half of my trip. Granted, we didn't pay for the concierge service, but I would have been very angry if I had, my cost for the room was still over $500 a night for a standard room! IMHO, I won't do concierge by choice again and if upgraded, I may try to decline the offer, I just don't see the value for my vacation. We made most of our reservations ourself and I was hardly ever at the resort to take part in the "snacks" (goldfish crackers and gummi-bears) offered. They serve the items at certain times, and I ran up from the volcano pool to get something to snack on, but I was 2 minutes late and the staff in the concierge lounge must have been punching a time clock because they wasted no time clearing the snack table, I barely was able to get hold of a tortilla chip before the bowl was removed from under my hand. I understand there are schedules to follow, but if your expecting deluxe service, that wasn't what I was expecting, at least basing it on how my GF experience was. They do offer some hot food items, but to me I don't see the value, or should I say the Deluxeness. Our family's next trip in summer 2008 we have reservations at the Contemporary, no concierge.
You could have a whole different experience, I was just sharing mine.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

When the Contemporary was in the process of redoing their rooms two summers ago we got bumped up to a concierge room. It was just my best friend and myself so it was nice because whenever we would walk by the desk they'd ask us where we were going that day and then they would tell us the attractions to hit first thing, which we knew b/c we both grew up about half an hour away so frequented alot for day trips and a 3 day stay here and there. But what was super nice was the fact that when you returned from the park your beds were turned down and the weather was on the TV for the next day. Being that it was just the two of us we felt super safe because we were on a floor which was only accessible by our keys. The elevator would not go to our floor unless we put our key in the slot, just to clarify. There were breakfast foods out before park opening and finger sandwiches at lunch and like desserts, wine and coffee after dinner in the lounge area. But what was by far the best thing was that we had a dinner reservation at Cindy's but the system had lost it and of course there were none left it was July so you know super busy. We knew right away when they handed us our reservations listing that it wasn't on there so our Concierge called the manager of the restaurant told them what happended and got us another reservation. The best part about it was that it was right by the window so u could people watch! Now whether or not that Concierge service was like this because they had just gotten off a refurbishment I am not sure but we enjoyed it! I would highly recommend it!:wave:

Upvote 0

msk0879

my old boss and i used to argue the contemp and poly all the time me contemp him poly. it really no different ive done both.but the view of the mk from the contemp cannot be beat. btw it was booked for my current vac thats why im at the poly.

Upvote 0

Scooter

My wife and I have done both the Contemporary Resort and The Polynesian Resort Conciege level recently and we prefer The Polynesian Resort's. It just seems to be more organized than The Contemporary Resorts.

We haven't done the Grand Floridians Concierge yet but hopefully we will be trying it in the next year or so.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom