Best day to visit?

SiCo

Original Poster
I am in LA on 'business' (sort of not really!) and I have three days spare. Saturday, Sunday and Monday (24, 25, 26th This Month). Which day would it be best to go does anyone know?

I assume that Saturday the place will be packed out.

The only real thing I want to see is Fantasmic if that's actually on and Indy. I am not overly interested in DCA unless I can get a one day hopper ticket to do TOT.

I know you don't all deal with DL but I thought theres no harm in asking! Thanks

ToTBellHop

Of late, the parks have been more busy on Monday than Saturday, but those two days are moderately busy. I'm tempted to say Sunday. Fantasmic! is presented twice nightly, at 9 pm and 10:30, with the new Imagine fireworks at 9:25 pm.

stranger

I agree Sunday will be the best time to go. Those three days will be packed, but sunday, in my experience, will have the lesser crowds. Plus you really want to watch Fantasmic, so Sunday looks a bit better.

SiCo

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, I thought it would be quite busy no matter what.

Are the schools off for summer over there at this time? Or is the place just always busy on a Monday?

stranger

SiCo said:
Thanks for the advice, I thought it would be quite busy no matter what.

Are the schools off for summer over there at this time? Or is the place just always busy on a Monday?

Yes, schools are out for the summer, so everyday will be a busy day.

LadyDarling

Count me in for saying that Sunday is my pick as well.
But the bad news is, there's no such thing as a 1 day park hopper. :(
It's too bad. DCA is definately worth visiting!
~Jay

SiCo

Original Poster
Thanks I think Sunday it will be. It is a shame they don't do the pass hopper maybe I will have to make a decision as to which to visit. I have done Disneyland before, that was before Indy opened though. And Fantasmic is a fantastic show. But then so is the Electrical Parade although I have seen that quite a lot.

I hate decisions! Throw in the possibility of Universal too and you get a hard decision! ;)

mandib

Sunday (yesterday) was awesome. We walked on just about everything with the exception of Indy and Splash Mountain. Saturday was busy because of the birthday celebrations but they were re-routing traffic around the castle so there was no one in Fantasyland. It was around 9 and we walked on every ride including Peter Pan. But I'd say Sunday just from the past weeks experience. :)

SiCo

Original Poster
I think I will definatley try and make the Sunday then. Does anyone know the best way to get there from Marina Del Ray I think is the place. Just below Santa Monica.

I assume there is pleanty of transport and the hotel may be able to help me out. It's about 36 miles according to the hotels website.

Anyway thanks for your help, I will look at the hopper pass when I am there, you can't book one days in advance anyway so no point trying. It does seema bit expensive though but I guess it is an amazing day out to cover the best of both.

stranger

SiCo said:
I think I will definatley try and make the Sunday then. Does anyone know the best way to get there from Marina Del Ray I think is the place. Just below Santa Monica.

I assume there is pleanty of transport and the hotel may be able to help me out. It's about 36 miles according to the hotels website.

If you were to rent a car I suggest taking the I-10 east and then continue onto the 60 east. Then take the I-5 south and get off Harbor Blvd. Without traffic it should take you 40 minutes, but it's L.A. so expect traffic. :brick:

ToTBellHop

$70 is a lot for a 1-day park hopper, but I think their view was if Disneyland costs $50, DCA is at least worth another $20. By creating this pass, they both promote people visiting DCA and promote multi-day trips (it's only another $20 to see both parks/save more money by staying more days).

LadyDarling

mandib said:
Sunday (yesterday) was awesome. We walked on just about everything with the exception of Indy and Splash Mountain. Saturday was busy because of the birthday celebrations but they were re-routing traffic around the castle so there was no one in Fantasyland. It was around 9 and we walked on every ride including Peter Pan. But I'd say Sunday just from the past weeks experience. :)
That's what I get for not having been there in a month! LOL Learn somethin' new every day! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom