Best Counter Service restaurants

Nemo14

Another vote for Flame Tree here. And in answer to your question about kid's meals, my 21-year-old daughter always orders from the kids meals - never had a problem.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ooooh THANKS for the heads up Nicole.....chances are it will remain same now that the busy season is coming up again with Presidents day weekend....
We love the simpler foods of Tusker house.....chicken, veggies and salads so one can indulge at other times....:D Someone had written that they moved the cash registers and that was the beginning of the end.....who knows maybe they just wanted to move the lines?!!!;)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think the only time they would question you is at a sit down where if you have a table of all teenagers or twentysomethings and everyone ordered kiddie meal or kiddie buffet.....might call you on that!!! But at the Counter Service never questioned if my older child was under 9.....used to be 11 anyhow....:lookaroun

maelstrom

Pizzafari (AK)
Pinocchio Village Haus (MK)
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (MK)
Toy Story Pizza Planet (MGM)
Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
Lotus Blossom Cafe (Epcot)
Columbia Harbour House (MK)
Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn & Cafe (MK)

And don't forget the margarita stand in Mexico. Try the four flavour slush (lime, kiwi, mango, & strawberry).

lilclerk

Original Poster
We prefer the lunch menu to the dinner menu. The lunch menu has more sandwiches and burgers and the dinner menu doesn't. A couple years ago we went for dinner and mom had to special order a burger because it wasn't on the dinner menu. Try a late lunch that way it'll fill you up for awhile and is alot cheaper.

Yeah, that's what we were going for. By the way, does anyone happen to know the average time the restaurants switch from lunch to dinner?

barnum42

SO my question is, what are some of the best counter service restaurants that should not miss out on?

Depends on your tastes. My last visit was over two years ago. At that time there was noting in The Studios I liked (limited burger and chicken strips menu). Magic Kingdom was not much better. The Pirates place was always closed, but if it's open and not being used as a buffet then it would be the place I'd go to.

Animal Kingdom as the two best counter places - Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House (long may the latter remain as it is).

Epcot has plenty of choice for both the burger and chicken strip crowd and those after something different. The Land has changed it's menu so I can't comment on that. In World Showcase I enjoy Morocco and Japan with a side visit to the bakery in Norway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom