Best Counter Service Restaurant!

stu1901

Hey,
I was wondering what all your favourite Counter Service restaurants are in each of the parks?
I can't remeber which we have ben to but i'v heard the Flame Tree BBQ is the best at AK and the ABC commisionary is the best at mgm?

:king:

OliveMcFly

MK - Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - The Electric Umbrella
MGM - We usually get snacks and the eat din din at a full service.
AK - The pizza place...I'm not sure of it's name.

Upvote 0

brian_gaudio

MK: Columbia Harbour House. I love going in the nearly unmarked entrance in Fantasyland with the cirlce door handle.

Epcot: Electric Umbrella

MGM: ABC Comissary

AK: Tusker House

Upvote 0

shmmrname

Animal Kingdom:
Best - Flame Tree Barbecue
Worst - Chakrandi Chicken Shop
I loved the Flame Tree BBQ, though among the group it was evenly split. My only advice is to know there is a distinct difference between the BBQ sauces. Also, follow the trail to the dock with the many picnic tables and you'll share your meal with a water view, ducks, and the Expedition Everest construction. Finally, something about warm stir-fry in one of the busiest areas of the park, while watching people slosh away from Kali River Rapids just turned my stomach. Not only did I not like the food, but the scenery left more than a little to be desired, and the children playing shoeless in the fountains then going (again, shoeless) into the overcrowded bathrooms, just made me wish I had waited to eat elsewhere.

MGM:
No Best/Worst
To me nothing sticks out as great or terrible, though I have yet to try the ABC Commissary, which seems to be a favorite of many. I am a big fruit eater, so the Anaheim Produce Company is always an option, though the prices usually scare me. More than once we have recharged at the generic tasting Toy Story Pizza Planet, but each time we feel we should have just made reservations at 50's Primetime Cafe, Sci-Fi Drive-In Diner, or Mama Melrose's Restaurant Italiano.

Epcot:
Best - Lotus Blossom Cafe, Tangierine Cafe, Cantina de San Angel, Boulangerie Patisserie
Worst - Electric Umbrella, Liberty Inn
I go to Epcot with food constantly in the back of my mind. When I was younger it was my least favorite park, but now it rivals Magic Kingdom. The Lotus Blossom Cafe has extremely quick and cheap House Fried Rice, usually with little to no wait. The Tangierine Cafe has excellent wraps, and is a huge change of pace for your tastes, but I highly recommend you just go to eat dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh. Cantina de San Angel has alcohol, with decent mexican food and chairs on the water. Boulangerie Patisserie only gets mentioned because of the cheese and ham filled croissant and the breaded hotdog, and of course the dessert.
Liberty Inn and Electric Umbrella are just more burger stops. They are usually busy, and I find the theming too blah. The toppings bar always seems a little messy for my liking at the Electric Umbrella, and I can't really force myself to sit and eat a hamburger in America on my vacation, when I'm surrounded by so many other experiences.

Magic Kingdom:
Best - El Pirata Y el Perico, Pecos Bill Cafe
Worst - Pinocchio Village Haus, anything in Tomorrowland (haven't been to the new Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station)
Magic Kingdom doesn't really offer the best meals, but still we all enjoy the atmosphere of the Adventureland and Frontierland eateries. Pecos Bill is just your usual hamburger joint, but at least it isn't sandwiched inside Fantasyland like Pinocchio's. Personally, I really like El Pirata Y el Perico, though last time we visited it was closed. We all agree though that Tomorrowland's to be avoided when eating because it is too crowded. The theming is just non-existant, which sucks because you really need a great theme to stomach un-inspired food.
Aloha Isle's pineapple float, Casey's Corner's hotdog, and anything from the Main Street Bake Shop's arsenal however can get you to your hotel feeling satisfied for at least a little while.

Upvote 0

JET12monorail

MK--Definately a tie between Columbia Harbour House and Peco's Bill's

Epcot--Love the Electric Umbrella and then the Norway snack place where you can get those rice cream things

MGM--Pizza Planet-I love playing pac-man

AK--Flame tree BBQ was the best.

Upvote 0

Rinxman

MK: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

MGM: Pizza Planet

AK: Pizzafari

EPCOT: inside The Land Pavilion before rehab (have not been there since rehab)

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I just wanted to add...

I am most SHOCKED by the number of people listing the ABC COMMISSARY at MGM as a favorite counter service spot! :eek:

It's almost NEVER mentioned in any other survey.

Just found it strange.....

CARRY ON!

:D

Upvote 0

col

i havent really eaten in the parks but i dont know why!

magic kingdom: mainstreet bakery

MGM:ABC commisionary

EPCOT and animal kingdom: never eaten in them yet!

i normally just get a big bottle of water or a slush if i want something else but when i go in december 2005 im going to try different places.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
BRER STITCH said:
I just wanted to add...

I am most SHOCKED by the number of people listing the ABC COMMISSARY at MGM as a favorite counter service spot! :eek:

It's almost NEVER mentioned in any other survey.

Just found it strange.....

CARRY ON!

:D

For me, I normally don't eat that often in MGM. Sci-Fi for lunch, we did Mama's for the Fantasmic dinner/show, years ago we did the Brown Durby, and had lunch at the Commisary once. If you want to count it, I did 50s once way back when MGM opened and I was a kid. The wife and I don't really care much for MGM. We'll do muppets, and we'll see the new show this year, but that's it and we're out of there. Wife doesn't like ToT or RnR.

We're never there long enough to eat. An since we are there during the Food & Wine, I'd rather hop over to Epcot and eat there.

Upvote 0

Neptune

MK - Casey's. Best Fries and Hot Dogs ever.

Epcot - Electric Umbrella! Yes! Mac and Cheese!

MGM - ABC Commisiary!

AK - Flame Tree BBQ! Pulled pork yummmm.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom