Best Counter Service Restaurant!

stu1901

Hey,
I was wondering what all your favourite Counter Service restaurants are in each of the parks?
I can't remeber which we have ben to but i'v heard the Flame Tree BBQ is the best at AK and the ABC commisionary is the best at mgm?

:king:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
MK - Casey's Corner. It's a ritual thing for us. :D
Epcot - Boulangerie Patisserie. Mmm, Chocolate Mousse :slurp:
MGM - ABC Commissary
AK - Anandupur Ice Cream. Again, it's a ritual thing for us.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The popular vote in the Sak household is as follows

MK - Pinnochios
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot - split vote Summerfest (Germany Pavillion) Morroco
MGM - ABC commisary, though it took us years to give it a go.

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

MK - Cosmic Rays
AK - Tusker House (although Flame Tree is quite good, but Tusker House is air conditioned)
EP- Tangerine Cafe - Morocco
MGM - ABC commissary (Tebouleh wraps and Curry chicken are good)

Upvote 0

DisneyNirvana

For our family:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ

MK: Pecos Bill's

Epcot: Electric Umbrella in Future World
Yorkshire County Fish Shop at the United Kingdom, World Showcase

MGM: ABC Commissary

Upvote 0

hollyberries

just returned from our trip on june 25th. here are our results
MK: pecos bills-not our favorite; food was good, service not so much--no where to sit and got warm water bottles

epcot: counter service in the land, sunshine seasons i think it is called, and electric umbrella---preferred electric umbrella, though the other was good food too. the thing there was we walked away with a sandwich platter for our 7yo, then he changed his mind and they took it back, which was a good thing, but then they put it right back out for someone else to buy, which i didn't think wa a good thing! the electric umbrella had good service and good choices and a fixings bar for your burger toppings. there was plenty of seating as well.

animal kingdom: we ate at tusker house. it was very good; the selections were good and the food was good and there seemed to be plenty of seating.

mgm: chose ABC commissary---food was good, service was not; half of us were done eating before the other half even got their food and were able to sit and eat.
:slurp:

Upvote 0

chris70785

Our favorites are:

MK - Cosmic Ray's because of the variety and the condiment bar is great: grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, green peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cheese sauce, etc. You can almost make a meal from the condiment bar.

Epcot - Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)

MGM - Don't have any favorites here but if I had to choose it would be the area by Tower of Terror with Catalina Eddie's/Rosie's All-American Cafe

AK - Tusker House (Rotisserie chicken w/ green beans and mashed potatoes, Grilled Salmon w/ hot veggies, Big salad w/ grilled chicken and focaccia bread, Grilled vegetable sandwich on focaccia bread, etc. Every meal I've eaten there has been excellent)

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

MK - Casey's for hotdogs, Cosmic Ray's for rottisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots - nice change from burgers

EPCOT - Boulangerie Patisserie in France for cheese plates, pastries, and the best cheesecake ever mmm I think my hips are getting bigger just thinking about it

MGM - Pizza Planet for the atmosphere although Pizzafari in AK has much better pizzas, also the hotdogs they sell at Fantasmic were surprisingly tasty

AK - Flame Tree barbecue - chicken ribs and corn on the cob = so good
plus as mentioned above the pizza at Pizzafari is the best counter service pizza on property - they have extra spices or something that make them really tasty

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

just to add one more thing - the mac and cheese at Columbia Harbour House is great - it's technically for kids but just ask and you can get a side order for $1.50 -affordable and filling

Upvote 0

col

in magic kingdom: (if it counts) the mainstreet bakery.

in epcot: it use to be the umberella but they dont serve soya burgers anymore so i dont eat in epcot saying that i did buy a slushy drink from the place where a car from test track shoots steam and water that drink was nice but sickening( its outside test track)

in MGM: ABC commisionary.

ive never eaten in animal kingdom, but that will change when i go in december 2005.

in downtown disney i always (and im talking when i reach the hotel and check out the room) go to the chocolate place begining with G, its spelt like ghirrallidai, and get a frozen mocha, then i know in truely in Walt disneyworld.

:D

Upvote 0

Stephanie826

We just returned from Disney yesterday. The best counter service in MK has to be Columbia Harbor House. It has very good New England clam chowder and there are tables upstairs, where it was relatively deserted. Pecos Bill has the best hamburgers (and Disney has their share, mind you) in Disney World and it also has a great condiment station, complete with mushrooms, pickles and sauteed onions. In Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree BBQ was very good,( their pork sandwiches were especially good) but Tusker House has air conditioning and it makes it more comfortable to eat. The chicken is very good there, too. My family found MGM better for sit down than for counter service. The Pizza Planet had decent pizza, way better than the resort! In EPCOT, there are plentiful restaurants, including sit down and counter service but our favorite, surprisingly, was the counter service in CHINA. The egg rolls are better than at home. Deserts are better in NORWAY than in FRANCE. My daughter loved Mexico, but I found it typical. Germany is festive, especially with a beer and bratwurst. We were there for 10 days and truth be told we hadn't had a bad meal except for the counter service in JAPAN. The food was all fat. The sit down, however was by far the best in the World!

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

The counter-service restaurant that is probably my overall favorite isn't in a park at all... it's Gasparilla Grill & Games at the Grand Floridian.

-Aaron

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

I'm a big fan of Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café.
We usually eat lunch at a sit-down restaurant at the other parks, so I don't know much about counter-service at Epcot, MGM, or AK.

Upvote 0

eandm

pecos bills -- fixins bar

our fav has to be pecos bills -- mostly because of the great fixin`s bar !! mushrooms and cheese sauce !!!! dont forget everything else -- :sohappy:

Upvote 0

MagliteL13

eandm said:
our fav has to be pecos bills -- mostly because of the great fixin`s bar !! mushrooms and cheese sauce !!!! dont forget everything else -- :sohappy:

As partial as I am to Pecos, I have to go with Columbia Harbor House. Usually it's not crowded at all. With Pecos, I love the atmosphere and people when it's not crowded. When busy, that place is a pit with wall to wall people.

Upvote 0

MagliteL13

cowboibabyy said:
Pecos Bill's. Love the BarBQ. Not sure which animal lost it's life for it but I like it.

I'm assuming you're talking about the BBQ pulled pork. That's, to my memory, the only BBQ on the menu currently. It's definetly my favorite there though.
On a side note, for those who are lucky enough to live near/eaten at Famous Daves (a BBQ place), the Pulled Pork Sandwhich on their menu tastes identical to the ones at Pecos.

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

TUSKER HOUSE in AK definately my fave! I thought the prices (compared to elsewhere in the World) were very reasonable, the food was EXCELLENT!! and the service was fast. We found seating with little trouble and that wasn't easy with a wheelchair at most places!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom