Best Club Level Resort?

KCheatle

We are staying club level for our upcoming trip. This is our first time officially staying club level, but a few years ago we were granted access to club level at WL due to an unfortunate mishap with our room. :confused: I enjoyed the club level experience at WL, and am excited to experience it at BC. Because I love planning WDW trips, even though we have 2 months until our upcoming trip, my mind is already onto the next one ;) Assuming we enjoy the club level experience again, I'm curious if there are strong opinions on what is the best club level resort? :geek: At which resort do you think you get the most bang for your buck by staying club level? For example, one of the reasons we decided to at BC was because of the set location of rooms. The BC is a large resort, and I like having a room near the lobby and pool. At WL that's not as important since the resort isn't all that large. I'd like your opinions so I can decide what resort to try next time ;)

CptRon

We've only done concierge level once, at AKL, about this time last year, and thoroughly enjoyed the Kilimanjaro Club. The continental-style breakfast was more than extensive enough for us to hit the parks fueled up. I don't recall being there for mid-day snacks, but in the evenings, small plates of hot food from Boma and Jiko are sent up and replenished in a timely fashion. Good thing that, as the stations did get cleaned out. We're foodies with modest appetites and no kiddos, so we actually were able to replace dinner there. It's a very relaxing spot, with attentive CMs who always had my next Tusker Lager ready just as I needed it ;-) In reviews, the location at the opposite end of the lobby from the savannas is mentioned as a negative.

Upvote 0

mdubm

I'm late to the discussion, but we loved the Club Level at YC. Our daughter loved the kids table with the TV. When her younger brother was napping, she liked going to get cookies and other snacks in the lounge and having a TV to herself. The booze certainly helped us adults too. My DH, who is not a huge Disney lover, is now adamant on going back and only staying club level. I think what we loved most was being treated like royalty. The concierge on the club level really pulled off some miracles for us. Need a hard to get reservation? They might just be able to pull it off. Need to cancel something and don't feel like dealing with it? They'll do it. We got mistakenly charged twice while at dinner, and before we had returned to the resort that night, it was taken care of. They were really a HUGE help!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
The concierge on the club level really pulled off some miracles for us. Need a hard to get reservation? They might just be able to pull it off. Need to cancel something and don't feel like dealing with it? They'll do it. We got mistakenly charged twice while at dinner, and before we had returned to the resort that night, it was taken care of. They were really a HUGE help!

To be fair, I have had the concierge desk do stuff like that for me at the Contemporary, BLT and Beach Club. Ultimately the club level concierge don't have any extra magical powers to do this stuff, they can't magic up a table at CRT any more than the desk in the lobby can. It's just it's easier to speak to them, fewer people wanting their help. Perception is everything though, I get that.

I've even phoned the dining line from my room and asked if there was any availability at Le Cellier for our two week stay, and had them find it for me within seconds - he was able to do a multi day search whilst I was having to do it day by day.

Upvote 0

CarlFredricksen

I think there is a noticeable difference in what you get at the different clubs, hence the price differnces. I have stayed at a few and would rank them: 1) Contemporary 2) Grand Floridian 3) AKL 4) Boardwalk 5) Wilderness Lodge 6) Beach Club 7) Yacht Club. We have also stayed at Grand California, and I would slip that in between Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge.

To be honest though, it's kind of Contemporary and then everything else IMO. That was by far my favorite. They have their own dedicated chef that makes gourmet style dishes from 5-7 each night. I also think they had the most robust drink selection, and the little things like chocolates with turn down service were just simply better than other places.

That being said, you really can't go wrong. We are booked at Beach Club for our trip in a few weeks even though it's 'number 6' on my list.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

We just returned from our trip and stayed on the BC Club Level and absolutely loved it. This is our second time doing club level (previously did Club Level at the YC in 2015) and we will probably try to stay on the Club level for the forseable future.

First of all, don't ever let anyone try to argue about the club level being "worth the extra money." If you stay in any WDW resort you are paying a premium versus off-site already so the whole "worth the money" argument dies there in my opinion and when has Disney ever been "cheap?" The Beach Club has a wonderful club level with a lot of great perks. The continental breakfast is plenty to count as a full meal and just the ability to have a great cup of coffee or a latte is great. In the afternoon there is a "snack buffet" that includes chips, fruit, cookies, and other snack items. All alcoholic beverages are complimentary and available upon request. We really enjoyed coming back from a morning in the parks to having a nice snack and adult beverage while the kids relaxed/napped. In the evening there is a hot items that vary day by day. The one day there was roast beef and mashed potatoes that was better than anything you could have eaten in the parks. The other day there was fried chicken and roasted veggies which were also fantastic. In the evening the dessert and cordial bar is a MUST. It was great to get back from the parks around 10 pm and enjoy a few delicious desserts and a nice glass of bubbly.

On top of all the wonderful things inside the club area the staff is just fantastic and very attentive anytime you have a question or concern. It was great to be able to text the club level while we were in the park and get a quick response! That was a really neat feature that saved us on a couple of occasions.

Upvote 0

aw14

we actually head to BC club level on 11/8. We are excited to try a different club level as we have tried several previously. Thus far we have tried Contemporary (twice), Poly, and AKL. All were excellent and I would return to each of them. AKL was great, as Joe Rhode was staying there at the same time, and we had breakfast at adjoining table.

Poly was nice for having their own building, and the view at the Contemporary lounge was outstanding. Never had an issue with the service or accommodations at any of them. My sister has started BC club twice and constantly ravs about it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom