Best Classic-style DL dark ride?

Best ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Best ride? Rank, discuss.

Alice in Wonderland
Alice in Wonderland | Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Park | Disneyland  Resort

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Winnie The Pooh Disney Land - Novocom.top

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Look Closer: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland Park | Disney Parks Blog

Peter Pan's Flight
Peter Pan's Flight | Attractions | Disneyland Park | Disneyland Resort

Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Pinocchio's Daring Journey | Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Park

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin | Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Park |  Disneyland Resort

Snow White's Enchanted Wish
Snow White's Enchanted Wish | Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Park |  Disneyland Resort

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

1. Alice
2. Toad
3. Pan

I really do love them all, though. The FL dark rides are one of the things that elevate Disneyland over the Magic Kingdom IMO.

I’m even kind of a Pooh apologist; I think it has some charm, despite obviously being pathetically underfunded. Haven't yet ridden the Snow White upgrade in person, but it looks pretty fantastic. Pinocchio needs some updates. Glad to see they fixed the dip effect on Roger during the closure.

mickEblu

1. Alice
2. Toad
3. Roger Rabbit
4. Peter Pan*
5. Pooh**
6. Snow White
7. Pinocchio

*should be lower but that Neverland room. In fact if we’re judging the complete experience, wait time and ride time it should be close to last

**heavily influenced by setting, exterior queue and short wait time

mickEblu

Actually disregard my last post. I’ve ranked these enough times to know that it’s always changing based on updates they add, mood I’m in or recency bias. For example, Pinocchio is always near the bottom but I’m not sure I’d have it dead last if rode it on my last trip. To do a proper ranking, I would need to ride all of the FL style dark rides on the same day.

DrAlice

Actually disregard my last post. I’ve ranked these enough times to know that it’s always changing based on updates they add, mood I’m in or recency bias. For example, Pinocchio is always near the bottom but I’m not sure I’d have it dead last if rode it on my last trip. To do a proper ranking, I would need to ride all of the FL style dark rides on the same day.
I think that just means that they are all good. :D

DLR92

I should have voted for Roger Rabbit but the vehicle are so cramped with leg space.

Honestly, Mr. Toad Wild Ride is my absolute favorite dark ride.

DavidDL

Yeah this is difficult because I think Roger Rabbit is almost in a totally different, higher category than the smaller, Fantasyland rides. I'm stuck between choosing that and Mr. Toad but given the available options and rules of the thread, I think I'm going to vote Roger Rabbit because it just has too much else going for it, especially the queue. But Toad would be a close second because I still love all the simple effects and illusions (like the bumpy dock and the incoming train).

mickEblu

Yeah this is difficult because I think Roger Rabbit is almost in a totally different, higher category than the smaller, Fantasyland rides. I'm stuck between choosing that and Mr. Toad but given the available options and rules of the thread, I think I'm going to vote Roger Rabbit because it just has too much else going for it, especially the queue. But Toad would be a close second because I still love all the simple effects and illusions (like the bumpy dock and the incoming train).

I think I’d have Roger higher on my list but the it feels a little one note at times. I wish they would have included some non Toontown scenes and that so much of the ride didn’t revolve around the warehouse. I think it’s why I like the queue more. It takes place in the “real world.”

Professortango1

I think I’d have Roger higher on my list but the it feels a little one note at times. I wish they would have included some non Toontown scenes and that so much of the ride didn’t revolve around the warehouse. I think it’s why I like the queue more. It takes place in the “real world.”
Only the last 2 scenes are in the warehouse.

Professortango1

1. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin
2. Snow White's Scary Adventures
3. Pinocchio's Daring Journey
4. Alice in Wonderland.
5. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
6. Snow White's Enchanted Wish
7. Peter Pan's Flight
8. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Sbk1234

I put Alice in Wonderland at the top, although I enjoy them all.

Alice seems - to me - to immerse me in a different land better than the others. Moving between two floors also adds something special to the experience.
My only real complaint is it seems to load fairly slowly, which is why I don't always ride it.

Most of the others are on about the same level, although I'd put Pooh a little bit lower, although it has the most attractive exterior queue area.

Professortango1

I put Alice in Wonderland at the top, although I enjoy them all.

Alice seems - to me - to immerse me in a different land better than the others. Moving between two floors also adds something special to the experience.
My only real complaint is it seems to load fairly slowly, which is why I don't always ride it.

Most of the others are on about the same level, although I'd put Pooh a little bit lower, although it has the most attractive exterior queue area.
I do enjoy how Alice moves through different elevations throughout and the update really punched it up a few years ago. I miss the old leaf section though. And the ending always seems so weird, how the ride winds down and then we re-enter a show building for one random scene. Its still a great ride and unique.

Sbk1234

I do enjoy how Alice moves through different elevations throughout and the update really punched it up a few years ago. I miss the old leaf section though. And the ending always seems so weird, how the ride winds down and then we re-enter a show building for one random scene. Its still a great ride and unique.
I feel the same way about that last show room, but I guess that and the outside leafy part is what distinguishes this from any other dark ride anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom