Best Character Encounter

sillyspook13

Friday my mom and I took my niece, Emily (age 16 months), to Epcot. Throughout the day we took her to meet several characters.

First she met Tigger. While she played with Tigger, the Disney photographer took dozens of pictures and put them on a photo pass for us.

Emily and Tigger, courtesy of mom:
P5130065.jpg

P5130060.jpg

Pooh and Eeyore were playing with a ball, so Emily was a little too distracted to meet Mary Poppins.

She also didn't care too much for Belle, Aroura, or Mulan.

We then took her to the character bus. She immediately spotted Chip and Dale.....
P1020703.jpg

who took her for a stroller ride......
P1020705.jpg

P1020706.jpg

Rafiki got in on the fun too- He got all the way down on the ground to play with Emily.
P1020712.jpg

Mom helped him up, so he gave her a big snorting kiss! :kiss:

Disney4Eva

Ooh, this is a very good question. I can't really think of my best character encounter since my mom seems to think I'm too old for characters. I say you're never too old. Oh well. I'll just have to wait until the next time we go there. I'll just enjoy everyone else's stories.

spectropluto

one fav moment...

I LOVED the Hunchback of Notre Dame stage show at Disney-MGM Studios. During my off days on my college program (spring '98), I would go play there and watch the show...a lot.

One day, I took a pal to see it and it was raining. Though the theatre was covered, enough water was getting in making the stage wet and creating an unsafe environment for the performers. So, they came out and did a meet'n'greet with us! I was ecstatic!!! I got my pics with Quasimodo, all three gargoyles, and my FAVORITE Disney character CLOPIN!

I still smile when I look at my now humble Hunchback collection along with this photo:

clopinme.jpg

Viva Le Bossu de Notre Dame! :)

*Tommy

tinkish

As a child I was never comfortable encountering the characters.....okay...I was scared (bleepless) out of coming anywhere near what seemed to be giant fuzzy monsters...but who I knew where people playing dress up. So, sadly I have no pictures or memorable encounters. So, I guess I'll have to get my picture taken this year with some characters. I'll have to send them to my mom...who still doesn't have a picture of me with Santa! ...who was equally scary!

Disney4Eva

spectropluto said:
I LOVED the Hunchback of Notre Dame stage show at Disney-MGM Studios. During my off days on my college program (spring '98), I would go play there and watch the show...a lot.

One day, I took a pal to see it and it was raining. Though the theatre was covered, enough water was getting in making the stage wet and creating an unsafe environment for the performers. So, they came out and did a meet'n'greet with us! I was ecstatic!!! I got my pics with Quasimodo, all three gargoyles, and my FAVORITE Disney character CLOPIN!

I still smile when I look at my now humble Hunchback collection along with this photo:

http://hometown.aol.com/spectropluto/clopinme.jpg

Viva Le Bossu de Notre Dame! :)

*Tommy

All right, spectropluto! That would rule if that happened to me. Hey, Clopin's my favorite, too! (If you couldn't tell by my avatar & sig). Great story. It made me happy. :D

lady_vor

Welcome to the boards!! Before I reply to your post I'd like to give you a piece of advice before you make the same mistake as I have in the past. USE THE SEARCH BEFORE YOU START A THREAD LOL!! Sometimes people can get upset and can be quite rude. Just a good thing to keep in mind. :)

I liked meeting Brer Fox, Donatello, Mickey, Sugar Ant, and The Big Bad Wolf. I'm hoping to meet Goofy at Typhoon Lagoon while he's out for a swim. I'd also like to meet the crocodile characters (can't remember their names at the minute) and Figment.

Does anyone know if there is a Malificent Dragon or Pete's Dragon character walking any of the parks?

:confused:

lady_vor

DisneyFreak529 said:
In Feb of 2003 my Mother in law & my sister in law & I had the best encounter ever!! We went to toontown to the tent to wait for Chip and Dale. We got to Chip and Dale and Chip feel in love with my sister in law. He played with her hair, he tired to drag her in the back room, he pretend to kiss her hand. It was sooo funny, we died laughing!! (one of my best wdw memories ever!!). After that we went back in line to see Cinderella, well as we were getting closer and closer one of the doors opened and chip was comming out to say hi to some kids. He took one look at my sister in law and came hopping over!! He then got in line with us hugged her and tried to take her away. His cast memeber helping him just laughed and said, "Oh my your girl friends back Chip!!" We laughed soo hard, it was the best!! You don't get any better then that!!!!

That's such a cute story!! I wish that something like that would happen to me. I'm actually in my math class and I laughed out loud and everyone just looked at me funny!! Great stuff! Tell me when the wedding is :p LOL!

njblackberry

We were checking out of the Wilderness Lodge, and the Character Caravan (was that the name?) was just about to leave. We were about to pack up the car trunk, and Goofy came out, scooped up our then 7 year old son and tried to pack him in the car. It was hysterical and fortunately the camera was ready.

It was priceless and my son still brags about it, 3 years later.

lady_vor

MiRi said:
I have 2:

First one was last September during Night of Joy. We were under the DJ tent hanging out and spent a lot of time with Donald, Chip, & Dale just snapping pictures and dancing with them. It was around my birthday so I wore a birthday pin and Donald mimed a birthday cake and had me blow out the candle. Here are some pictures of that night...

http://images7.fotki.com/v125/photos/1/169156/1523926/disney3-vi.jpg
http://images8.fotki.com/v123/photos/1/169156/1523926/disney5-vi.jpg

Second one was on my last trip to WDW. I had wanted a picture with Peter Pan and Wendy because I have never taken one with them. Peter Pan is one of my favorite movies. As soon as we walk into Main Street the first characters I see are Peter Pan and Wendy! I get my mom to hold the camera for me and we wait in line. I am excited as a little girl. I was wearing a Tinker Bell t-shirt that said "Good Girl" and "Bad Temper" in the back. Wendy was like, "Tinker Bell isn't a very good girl. She's pretty mean." Peter Pan said, "She's pretty nice to me." Wendy: "Of course she is!" The conversation went on about Tink. It was really cute. I showed them the back of my shirt and Wendy was like, "Now THAT is Tinker Bell!"

Here's the picture.... http://images9.fotki.com/v166/photos/1/169156/2050552/Disney042005Day1001-vi.jpg

I LOVE the pic of you, Pan, and Wendy! Really cute thing that happened with the convo! You lucky girl!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom