Best character dining for 7 and9 year old boys

Jasmine20

Original Poster
Hi all,

What is the best character dining for 2 young boys. Sadly neither are huge disney fans and prefer the newer films (I have tried!). I'm hoping they'll get into when we're there and planning on getting many films out before we go (Its a surprise and they won't know until Chrismtas Day). Anyway I am probably too late for booking most of them but will keep an eye out for cancellations if there is one that you can recommened.

Thanks

Greg H

Hi all,

What is the best character dining for 2 young boys. Sadly neither are huge disney fans and prefer the newer films (I have tried!). I'm hoping they'll get into when we're there and planning on getting many films out before we go (Its a surprise and they won't know until Chrismtas Day). Anyway I am probably too late for booking most of them but will keep an eye out for cancellations if there is one that you can recommened.

Thanks

Tusker House at AK is pretty cool. It is definitely a favourite of our two girls (5 and 7) but the characters would appeal to boys too :) They have 'Safari' Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Mickey Mouse. Chef Mickeys is nice for the characters (I would recommend brunch), but it is not in a park. Hollywood and Vine is an option at HS. Maybe Crystal Palace at MK if they might be into the Winnie the Pooh characters. Garden Grill at Epcot is nice for the characters (Chip and Dale, etc.). We have found they will spend a lot of time with the kids. Some of the character meets in Epcot (not character dinning) might be of interest too. Baymax and Joy and Sadness are really cool. Bit of a wait, but worth it if the kids are into those characters.

Schneewittchen

Another thought, you could look at Mickey's Backyard BBQ or the Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

The BBQ is great for getting up and dancing around with the characters, which might be more fun for them than just taking pictures.

Or the Revue is a fun dinner that's more about a good dinner show than getting autographs.

CinderMama

We've always liked the Garden Grill quite a bit. It's a little more low key than some of the other character meals. We've eaten there maybe 3 times and the character interaction (Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale) has been really good. The last time we ate there our boys were probably 9 and 10, they were never big into meeting the characters, but they really enjoyed it. Plus we really like that it is family-style and the food is quite good.

TDGMedley

Mickey Back yard BBQ is great my son loves it we are going back this year. also liked Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast Dinner at The Garden Grill it is a Epcot. This is not character but T-Rex is fun too

Weather_Lady

For a combination of good food (hard to find at some character meals) and characters that are universally enjoyed, I would also vote for Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom, with Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy in their safari attire. Because I tend to think that TS breakfasts are a waste of valuable post-rope-drop time (unless your ADR falls 2 or more hours after park opening), I'd recommend going for lunch or dinner. Each meal costs a little more than the one before it, but lunch and dinner offer a better variety of food IMO, with something for everybody, whether you want plain American fare or would rather sample things you can't get at home..

Last edited:

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
My first thought jumped to Chef Mickey's because of the Monorail running through and the Fab 5 appearances. Food can be hit or miss but the kids buffet section is pretty solid. Overall I'd think Tusker House is a win for everyone, great variety of food for adults, good kid selections as well and I personally love the characters in their Safari gear (this one is "hosted" by Donald). Good luck with whichever you choose!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Another vote for Garden Grill in Epcot. Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale. And each character comes around at least twice, in our experience. And all four are very interactive with the guests. Chip and Dale has this running gag with my daughter every time they visited our table. Plus it's cool to be seated in a slowly rotating restaurant in the Lands Pavilion. It's an all you can eat family style dinner, similar to Liberty Tree Tavern. The produce for the salad and the fish - Tilapia - are grown/raised on site.

I think your boys will enjoy going here.

SaltyD

My favorite character breakfast is Tusker House, I love the food there - a lot more options than your typical breakfast food. The characters are dressed in safari-style clothing so any character photos will be different. And an early start in Animal Kingdom is always a good idea if you can get an early dining reservation.

DisneyAubs

I would vote Garden Grill. Chip and Dale are a lot of fun to joke around with. Plus, even if they're not totally into the characters it is worth it just for the food. Seriously yummy!!!

Chef Mickey's would be another solid choice, as someone already mentioned, due to the monorail zipping in and out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom