best buffet for dinner?

LeighM

The only 2 things my husband requested this trip was dinner at 'Ohana and fried chicken. We don't really have good fried chicken in our current town (my hometown had some of the best ever!) so he's been craving it. He thought it was okay a few years ago at 50s Prime Time but we aren't going to HS this year. And he liked Homecomin' but he wants to try other places at Disney Springs. So I cancelled my Skippers Canteen reservation and changed it to Trail's End. I watched some YouTube videos on the place and I'm pretty sure he's going to be happy with all he can eat fried chicken :)

marge

Original Poster
we are already booked at 50s and homecoming 😊 trails end looks good but it said cobbler for dessert and not shortcake. really wanting the shortcake!!!! can anyone confirm which it is? not interested in the hoop Dee doo show. thx!

MouseMelly

we are already booked at 50s and homecoming 😊 trails end looks good but it said cobbler for dessert and not shortcake. really wanting the shortcake!!!! can anyone confirm which it is? not interested in the hoop Dee doo show. thx!

It’s a variety of desserts, with cobbler being the guarantee. I’m not certain on shortcake, sorry!

Stinger

You can't go wrong with cape may . Awesome sea food buffet .

Shouldigo12

Keep in mind that if you choose a buffet at one of the resorts, that means that you'll be giving up a not-insignificant amount of park time to traveling. Although this isn't a problem if you decide to go to one on a non-park day. Just make sure you look up how to get from your resort to the one where the buffet is at.

DISR

If buffets are your thing, then I can't argue with the above suggestions. I'll throw out a counterpoint though: My 10 year old is charged $45 (as an adult for Boma dinner). She eats a few chicken nuggets and a sampling of desserts. There is no way to come close to justifying the cost of the meal. My wife and I are not big eaters, so we are more than satisfied with an app, entree, and dessert split between us. In that context, Jiko is a much better value and there is no comparison in quality to Boma. Bottom line is that Disney charges a hefty premium for the variety and unlimited volume of food on a buffet. Unless you can really take advantage of those attributes, you may regret the buffet decision. These boards seem to have a strong consensus that Boma is the best or close the the best buffet at Disney. I felt it is a bit overrated. Food preferences are very subjective, so not slight on those that love it though.

Dave B

We really enjoy 1900 Park Fare and Tusker House at AK, we get a late morning reservation, 1030 or 1045 and then we get breakfast and the change over to lunch, the best of bot h worlds, and the POG juice is awesome

marge

Original Poster
great points, disr. the more I research and think about it, the more I think a Buffett is actually not even a good value for us and we'd be better off getting a higher end restaurant booking. as 4yr old and nanna eat little and we all just eat chicken a little fish. but the real killer is the price. as coming from Australia, the exchange rate is horrible. so I am really not prepared to pay like $50 for a 4yr old and $80 for nanna.

I really do appreciatethesuggestions and hopefully they are helpful to others looking to book a buffet. I think we've decided to skip.

Dave B

You have to look at the Character meals, not so much as a meal, but an opportunity to meet 4 characters without having to stand in hours of lines in the park, its a two for one, meal and meet and greet. It gives you back some time, or worse case it evens out the time that you would be in line to meet four different characters. The meal will take an hour or hour and a half, but you get to eat and meet the characters, that is where I see it as a win

JohnD

Chicken and fish should not be a problem, most buffets have a good dessert selection as well. Some buffets to consider are;

Boma - in the Animal Kingdom Lodge

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian

Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom

Biergarten - Epcot World Showcase

I second Boma. Can't go wrong with dinner or breakfast there. Plenty of choices for the adventurous and not-so-adventurous.

shemp1

We were at Trail’s End 2 weeks ago. It seems the strawberry shortcake may be gone. In the past that had big dishes of it. On the recent trip they had switched to small individual servings which are not as good. They still do have the apple crisp and bread pudding along with soft serve ice cream.

Weather_Lady

The Biergarten buffet is one of my family's favorites for dinner. We like the live entertainment, and the lack of characters (although since the seating is communal, you may get seated with some human "characters.")

Menu here (chicken and salmon are always on offer, in addition to a number of delicious salads, desserts, breads and soups): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/biergarten-restaurant/menus/dinner/

KimAnnFran

Chicken and fish should not be a problem, most buffets have a good dessert selection as well. Some buffets to consider are;

Boma - in the Animal Kingdom Lodge

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian

Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom

Biergarten - Epcot World Showcase

Where exactly is the "Crystal Palace" located?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom