Best breakfast at Uni?

The Empress Lilly

In UNI the movie park rather than UNI the resort? Right behind the entrance, the Beverly Boulangerie is great for coffee, sandwiches and pastries. QS.

For the resort, no idea what the hotels have got to offer, and I prefer the parks over CityWalk.

JoeCamel

Which place has the best breakfast at UNI? Preferably TS but I'll take Qs as well.
Hard Rock Cafe has a buffet but it starts late so if you want to make early entry it won't work unless you catch a grab and go at your hotel, hit EPA for an hour or two then go to the Cafe.
If you can travel offsite I like KeKe's in Dr Phillips. Opens at 7 and some of the best breakfast fare and atmosphere I have found around. About a 7 minute drive from CBBR

alissafalco

Original Poster
I agree that the breakfast at Kitchen is very good. My family had 3 breakfasts there when we stayed at the Hard Rock a couple years ago and we all enjoyed the food. That said, I'm not sure I'd make a special trip there if you are not staying at the Hard Rock or the Portofino.
We are staying at the Hard Rock so its perfect. Thank you everyone :)

JoeCamel

The Kitchen at the Hard Rock? What price range we talking here? I'm feeding four so I have to keep meals within some budget. $100 for breakfast is a little too much every day.

I'm staying at the Portofino in a month or so, Hard Rock would be a good place to stop on a morning stroll to the parks.
It is $20 for all you can eat. Menu items are available

JoeCamel

Might hit that once but that's it. Realize with taxes and tip that's $100 or more for just breakfast for the 4 of us. Lunch and a snack somewhere along the way is another $100. Dinner at a nice place can easily head for $200. $400 a day on food is lot. I'm not exactly poor but when you start hitting $800-1,000 a day it's a lot for a weekend run to the parks.
Rock stars don't care about money....

Disneyhead'71

Might hit that once but that's it. Realize with taxes and tip that's $100 or more for just breakfast for the 4 of us. Lunch and a snack somewhere along the way is another $100. Dinner at a nice place can easily head for $200. $400 a day on food is lot. I'm not exactly poor but when you start hitting $800-1,000 a day it's a lot for a weekend run to the parks.
I usually do a Pastry/Latta breakfast a one of the bakeries because; 1. It's way cheaper, 2. I'm up early and at the park to maximize ride time before the crowd shows up. So a "grab & go" hand food breakfast is perfect because of both cost and time efficiency.

Grab a beer and a Auntie Anne's Pretzel with Cheeder Dip around 11:30a.

Another beer (probably my 4th in reality) and a hearty snack (Scottish eggs in USF, Kabab in IOA) around 4ish.

Dinner/Cocktails in one of the many fine CityWalk/Resort restaurants around 8ish.

With that plan, I keep moving, and avoid the plethora of crowded, bland, and unispire Counter Service options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom