Best bags for Disney

MJCota

I know I seen a thread on here a while ago about bags but I was curious what your favorite bag for the park was? I'm trying to figure out what to bring. I don't want something bulky and that will weigh me down. But we do need to bring something to put my son's autograph book in, his medication and a few other small things. What do you suggest? I was thinking a cinch type bag I can carry on my back but I wasn't sure. I just want something I don't have to take on and off every time we go on a ride but also doesn't hinder the enjoyment of my ride. Last time we went (10 years ago) I bought a bag there and it was bulky and I remember getting on the Rockin' Roller coaster and spending more time worrying about my bag then enjoy the ride itself. Thanks in advance!!

jlsHouston

Well I cannot carry a cinch type bag on my bag..I thought that would be preferable too and did that last summer and I lost that thing 3 times and thankfully it was always turned into Lost and Found so I got it back, contents untouched.
I have done a crossbody bag...probably the least bothersome but doesn't hold much. I need a new one, alot of people use the Vera Bradley ones, the one I had was one of those nylon ones by Dooney and it is filthy.
I have also used this huge canvas disney bag I got as one of the buy for 15 bucks when you spend $ 25 dollars specials in 2012, It carries alot, but is lightweight when I don't have much in it.
I have a great crossbody bag I use when I fly, but it's leather and I don't think I want to use it at WDW..it is big enough for autograph books, the small dooney I had would only hold one. It is the perfect size though.

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

I normally use a zipping tote when I go to WDW. Last trip I went with my friend and we stuffed all our stuff in one backpack and then alternated who carried it. I've also used a purse that you wear like a backpack. The backpack worked really well, especially since we were willing to alternate and it was big enough to put drinks, umbrellas, and other stuff in

Upvote 0

71dsp

We started out using a backpack to carry a bunch of "essentials" and over the years we've lightened the contents every year. Last Oct we used a 2013 WDW cinch bag and it worked great. Not bulky, lightweight, and quite functional. In fact many people stopped us to ask us where we bought it. Fortunately, we bought it on a previous trip in 2012, as they were no where to be found when we were there this past Oct.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I love to use my Vera Bradley crossbody bag for the park, the hipster style. It is big enough for me to carry my diabetic kit, camera, small bottle of sunscreen, and even a bottle of water. It is lightweight enough, it is not big and bulky, and because it is cross body style it doesn't bother me and frees up my hands for taking pics!

Upvote 0

Todd L

I have a medium sized back pack and carry everything the Family will need ...water, snacks, Camera, Rain Gear.

It makes it easy going thru Security..I go thru and the Rest of the Family goes thru the NO bags line.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

For the things you describe, I'd suggest a Vera Bradley hipster. It's a cross-body bag with a nice amount of room, and because it's slung across your body and zips completely across the top, you don't even need to remove it to go on attractions. (Depending on the attraction, I just shift mine around so it doesn't interfere with restraints, but I don't ever have to remove it. Mine went on everything with me, from Kilimanjaro Safaris to the Rock 'n Rollercoaster!)

On our last vacation, my hipster held the following, with plenty of room to spare: my camera and phone (protected in a Ziploc in case they got splashed on a wet ride); a baggie of pre-packaged wet wipes for cleaning up before/after meals; a baggie of Band-Aids, blister covers, Tylenol and ointment; my sunglasses; the kids' sunglasses; DH's inhaler; the kids' autograph books and pens; extra undies for my recently-potty-trained daughter; 4 rain ponchos; and my ID, KTTW card, etc. Even with all that, the bag was lightweight and effortless to wear. After we got home, I tossed it in the washer to get rid of the "road dirt" and it still looks great.

Here's the size of a hipster (image courtesy Vera Bradley -- the model is tiny so the bag looks much bigger next to her body than is does on my Size 10-12 frame!):

hipster2-178x300.png

Upvote 0

KLeigh

I carry a small cross body bag that hold my camera, phone, and my cash/cards.

The DBF carries a waterproof cinch bag/backpack. We use a large ziplock bag to hold our water bottles, small first aid kit (he's kinda clumsy), and it so fits my small bag when we go on Splash or Malesteom. The ziplock bag is key for us since right before you go through the bag check, huge just removes the ziplock from the cinch bag and we practically walk through security.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Cross body. I don't carry much and have Disney Dooney & Coach swing packs that have been big enough.
Camera, tiny wallet I love for traveling from Brighton, tube of ibuprophen, pen, kleenex pak, and I can fit my sunglasses in when necessary.

Upvote 0

Pixie VaVoom

I bought a leather cross body bag on amazon for @$25 - no brand - just generic. i have used it for @3 years. it has a few pockets, distrubutes the weight well, and the strap is even sturdy enough that I clipped a water bottle to it. Great for all day, never slipped or got lost and hands free. it had a little space for carrying small souvenirs, and my camera.

Upvote 0

MJCota

Original Poster
RonnAnnArbor - Haha I'd have some heavy pockets if I put everything I need in it.

I think a cross body type bag sounds like me. I use one for times we go to the fair so I guess I'll find one I like and pick it up! Thank you everyone, I was unsure but it sounds like something that will work great!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I really like my LeSportsac Kasey bag.
prev_2366.jpg

...but I also am considering their mini back pack. It's more space, but it's still on the tiny side...i.e. not the full size pack.

prev_2374.jpg

These are the dimensions on the pack... 11 x 9.5 x 5 in, 27.94 x 24.13 x 12.17 cm
These are the dimensions on the kasey... 7.75 x 9.5 in, 19.685 x 24.13 cm

They also make them in some Disney patterns. I think Mickey & Minnie...and there have been a handful of Small World creations based on the art. My Kasey is designed after Mary Blair's small world art.

I also use a Dooney letter carrier in the parks sometimes, but it definitely doesn't hold as much. I'm debating about adding a bigger Dooney vs. the LeSportsac pack, but there's also the Vera hipster to consider. Just not sure if Vera is me.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I favor bringing nothing into the parks, tiny wallet in one pocket and iPhone in the other and I had been done. But now like you I've found i require a few extra's that I just can't stuff into my pockets anymore. I went first to a string backpack and that work well but I too got annoyed with the on and off, feared leaving it behind.

I've gone to a crossover bag now but I still only take what I must so it is still pretty thin. It tucks well behind my back on rides so I don't have to take it off, do the same at restaurants so it is pretty non-intrusive.

The best tip I saw about bags that I wish I knew when I had preschoolers and more stuff was to subdivide the collection of stuff into zip lock bags. Pulling the 3 bags or so out of the bag at bag check made the process so quick and helped in organization too.

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

I use my Big Sydney bag by Baggallini. I agree the Vera cross body bags are a little lighter but I haven't found a pattern yet that works for me.;) My Sydney bag organizes everything I need for a day in the parks. I've also never had to take it off for any ride....just strategically move it so as not to interfere with restraints etc. It's joined me on four 10 day WDW trips and 2 DCL trips and is by far my favorite. :D

Upvote 0

MJCota

Original Poster
I have to bring a bag with us. My son has meds he has to take in the afternoons and we will need our cell phones, camera, autograph book, sun screen wipes (my son has red in his hair and is a burner! LOL) and such. I'm going to search for a cross body bag, I like that I can tuck it behind me on rides and such. Now to find one for my picky self. I will carry the same purse for years because I'm so picky.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom